U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 08:31 PM

10,917 posts, read 5,163,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
It about time that the TX National Guard does their job and with the cooperation from Border Patrol Officers as guidance down to the Platoon level. Its just a matter of time before Jan Brewer Arizona does the same.

As a Arizonian I expect her to do her job as Gov. In the past she's been really good with these kind of issue dealing with the border security. AZ1070 ring a bell? Arizona Army National Guard has done this kind of a mission.

Obama is clearly not doing his job, again its up to the states.
It's not the Texas National Guard - it's the Texas State Troopers, but I also suspect that the Texas Rangers (Texas version of the FBI) are also involved. I also am pretty sure that the Texas Government has a much better understanding and relationship with Mexican authorities than Arizona does.

Texas has some leverage with Mexico - they can make it "difficult" or "easy" for the NAFTA commerce - and don't think they won't do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2014, 09:11 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,399,573 times
The only problem is when someone get killed......and they will in time....it is the US citizen that will sit in jail....just like some border guards.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:19 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,224,537 times
I wonder how many posters have let their congressional representative know how you feel about this situation. I have written the president, my house and senate representatives and said a clear message. We need immigration enforcement and not immigration reform. We have good laws already. People who take office swear to uphold our laws and they are not doing it. They are your representatives and they need your advice on what to do about this problem. Tell them if they don't do their jobs, you will replace them. That seems to be all they understand. They don't seem to have the wisdom to do this on their own.

I think this invasion should be considered some kind of cold war and our military should be lined up at the border until it stops. This should have been done back with Reagan forward. That it is the fault of both parties makes no difference. That will just make it more difficult now. But it does need to be done.

Last edited by NCN; 06-21-2014 at 09:42 PM..

Old 06-21-2014, 09:45 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,224,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
The only problem is when someone get killed......and they will in time....it is the US citizen that will sit in jail....just like some border guards.
And how do you feel about this? Have you informed DC? They think we want these people here. The polls are being rigged to make it seem that we do. They need to be informed.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:35 AM

Location: where you sip the tea of the breasts of the spinsters of Utica
8,305 posts, read 11,863,526 times
Nobody wants them here in terms of being a drain on resources ....... but after all, they ARE just kids and mostly all alone, after after having been rejected and traveling long distances, often on foot. Sure, get rid of the adult illegals, but these kids will probably either starve or have to work at prostitution if they are simply sent back.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:56 AM

10,917 posts, read 5,163,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Nobody wants them here in terms of being a drain on resources ....... but after all, they ARE just kids and mostly all alone, after after having been rejected and traveling long distances, often on foot. Sure, get rid of the adult illegals, but these kids will probably either starve or have to work at prostitution if they are simply sent back.
Really? You really believe that children are traveling over 1000 miles "all alone" and "often on foot"?
It's 1200 miles from Guatemala to the Texas border - these "children" would be traveling through Mexico, which they've probably never been to. I couldn't do it and I don't know any 'child' that could do it either.

On the other hand - Joe Biden is now down there telling them that we have Lawyers in the United States that will help them - all they have to do is tell them that they are "afraid" and they can apply for asylum. There is no way I think this "just happened to happen". It took a lot of planning to get hat many people that distance and the Nancy Pelosi cry of "We must protect the Children" - how convenient that all this is happening when they are pushing so hard for Dreamers and Amnesty.

Biden compounded his televised gaffe by telling Central Americans the legal formula for winning the citizenship prize.

Migrants “have a right under our law to make the case… that ‘We’re here because we’re avoiding persecution, we’re avoiding something [which] will physically affect our safety,” he said.

In case the TV audiences in Honduras, Guatemala and El Salvador missed his legal advice, Biden repeated it. “We’re sending immigration judges, [taxpayer-provided] attorneys to represent these young people and families with young people… who are claiming credible fear, and [who] are eligible to apply for asylum,” he reiterated.

They would have us believe that the Lawyers are to process the deportation papers ... but once again, we have to Watch what they do. Biden is telling them they have to ask for Asylum and claim "fear of life" - you can bet they will follow that advice.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:58 AM

32,009 posts, read 14,777,184 times
Quote:
It's not our problem. I'm all for helping people in their own countries within reason and helping to address their issues with their governments but not importing them all here. We would be committing national suicide and killing the goose that laid the golden egg. Then where would "immigrants" have to flee to?

Old 06-22-2014, 11:54 AM

25,554 posts, read 23,425,142 times
Quote:
it is not up to our government to fix eveyone's problems....this land is corrupt enough without having to take in so so many more people who think nothing of taking advantage of our systems.

Get your own house in order first, then reach out to others.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:21 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,382,004 times
Quote:
How did those little kids get to the US alone? Those kids had help from adults. Since they came here from Mexico: refuse to let then into the US and make Mexico deal with them. The teenagers; too bad, most IMHO are probably dirty little sneaks anyway.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:49 AM

25,554 posts, read 23,425,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
How did those little kids get to the US alone? Those kids had help from adults. Since they came here from Mexico: refuse to let then into the US and make Mexico deal with them. The teenagers; too bad, most IMHO are probably dirty little sneaks anyway.
first let me say, as in every other culture, there is good and bad, not all of them are dirty little sneaks, and your right, they didn't come here alone.

I don't believe many people have a problem with anyone coming to America, if they legally go thru the system and become working members of our society, meaning, they pay taxes just like we do.

Amnesty does nothing but invite more illegals in....at the expense of the taxpayers.

Open boarders are very incredibly dangerous....and that is it in a nut shell. When 911 happened, I hoped they would have closed down our boarders but they didn't, and yet, have the nerve to tell us, we are safer now then before 911 which is a lie. We are even more vulnerable, b/c they've been coming into this country in droves....Mexicans are a large amount of the problem, but there are also a whole lot of gangs here from other countries, and also a lot of terrorists, already in this country....and what bothers me the most, is, that more then 1/2 of this nation is not aware of that.

You open boarders like we have, you invite unwanted in. Gangs, criminals, drugs, illegals doings of all sorts....

WAKE UP AMERICA!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration