U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 07:31 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They did. Our laws favor non citizens and in some cases give them more amenities then our own citizens.

FYI..the First Lady of Honduras is flying up to Texas to take a tour of the detention facilities to make sure "her people" are being cared for.

WTH...why doesn't she fly up there with a cargo plane and haul them all "back home" ?

These central American countries must be laughing their *sses off at us.
They are getting rid of their poor, unskilled and uneducated.
Just like Castro did from Cuba.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:38 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Just like Castro did from Cuba.
Yup..I lived in Florida during that time.
Castro cleaned out his prisons and sent them all to Florida.

Old 06-28-2014, 07:41 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
They did. Our laws favor non citizens and in some cases give them more amenities then our own citizens.

FYI..the First Lady of Honduras is flying up to Texas to take a tour of the detention facilities to make sure "her people" are being cared for.

WTH...why doesn't she fly up there with a cargo plane and haul them all "back home" ?

These central American countries must be laughing their *sses off at us.
They are getting rid of their poor, unskilled and uneducated.
Good God. That "1st lady" should be mad at HER country, NOT the US. Sheesh!

Old 06-28-2014, 07:51 AM

55,237 posts, read 72,402,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Thousands of kids who happen to be illegal immigrants are waiting in a number of American facilities now that they have crossed the border illegally. There are kids and most are not from Mexico (they are mostly from Central America), so they can't be quickly sent back.

What do you think should be done in the short term for the illegal immigrant kids from Central America who have already passed into America? (Short Term equals 1-3 months) Please take my poll!

(PLEASE... lets not get into anther general discussion about illegal immigration, but instead, lets vote and discuss what they should do in the short term about the kids who were recently arrested and are now sitting in detention facilities. And remember they are children from crime filled countries but they did break our laws.)
The people of country of origin have made their problem our problem
Don't get me wrong I love the church however

When the catholic church encourages poor people to have kids they can't feed and then encourages illegal immigration of those children and then demands amnesty for the same
They then need to take some responsibility for their actions
And do it with their vast wealth not with our money

Old 06-28-2014, 08:51 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Yup..I lived in Florida during that time.
Castro cleaned out his prisons and sent them all to Florida.
That is what Castro was asked to do....free the "political" prisoners......so he dumped the murders and people from the mental health hospital.

Old 06-29-2014, 08:25 AM

31,476 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
The people of country of origin have made their problem our problem
Don't get me wrong I love the church however

When the catholic church encourages poor people to have kids they can't feed and then encourages illegal immigration of those children and then demands amnesty for the same
They then need to take some responsibility for their actions
And do it with their vast wealth not with our money
Couldn't agree more. Of course most religions think that we should be responsible for the world's poor.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:00 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
So I was reading up on Honduras since that's where many of these new illegals are from.

Honduras is a young society, median age is 21, over 40% are under 14 years old.
Mandatory education is 6 years
School is only available to about 85% of the population.
Of that 85% only 32% make it to 6th grade
The majority of the population are illiterate.

And these thousands are going to be entering public schools all over the US in a few months.

Old 06-29-2014, 09:18 AM

31,476 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
So I was reading up on Honduras since that's where many of these new illegals are from.

And these thousands are going to be entering public schools all over the US in a few months.
Yipee!

Old 06-29-2014, 09:32 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yipee!
Agreed. It ain't our fault that Honduras people have too many kids to feed. Even Mexico's now getting smart about having 2 kids per woman in 2014.

Old 06-29-2014, 12:21 PM

3,072 posts, read 3,335,346 times
Nobody's blaming Bush, or they shouldn't. The expanded law regarding children as victims of trafficking was signed in 2008 by Bush and was the right thing to do. It envisioned about 8000 children a year and put systems in place to provide assistance to those children. It was designed to handle the children for 72 hours and then deport them. But with this administration's current posture on immigration, we are being flooded by tens of thousands.

Did you see the pictures of the gang members coming over the border taunting our border patrol who have to just step back and let them pass that there was nothing they (the border patrol) can do and our government would be giving them money. Did you not see the reports about the criminals, the border towns going broke trying to render aid? Did you not see Biden announcing that we need more and more immigrants.

Not only minor children but their parents are hopping buses to cities. They are supposed to report for an immigration hearing, but that has shown to not likely happen.

Too bad this administration is encouraging this type of mass flux and not enforcing the laws in place. Too bad this administration is ham-stringing border patrol. Too bad this administration is letting criminals and gang members across.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The law being utilized was passed in 1992. That is Bush I time

So again you can blame a Bush if you like. Though there would seem little point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or