U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 08:50 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,794 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You believe saving 8 trillion dollars is an asinine idea?

That is almost half the national debt...
I think wanting to reward criminals is an asinine idea.

That's the trouble with amnesty. You give it to the illegals here, more hear about it and figure out that if they get here, they'll get amnesty eventually.

Offer $25k for 25 years to leave and what do you think will happen?

Noooo, it's not like more will come in hopes of getting the same deal. What do you think started all the children coming? They heard Obama say that any child here before 2007 gets to stay. The message gets to them as any child coming can stay.

Asinine idea.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:53 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,145,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
For a trillion dollars, we could surely find an isolated island somewhere in the south Pacific that we could purchase. Then just send them there. Good luck getting back here after that. One way ticket, enjoy your stay. If some nation finds that mean, they are more than welcome to come rescue them off the island and welcome them into their country.
Why go to all that trouble. For a trillion South Dakota is yours. Half that for Wyoming. Than we can place them by Greyhound.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:54 PM

183 posts, read 157,937 times
The President of Guatemala was just in Tucson and Nogales Arizona this week, inspecting and talking to the illegal immigrants here in America that come from Guatemala. She left today to go home, but didn't take any kids back with her. This is after America paid her country millions of dollars to help with conditions there in Guatemala. Apparently, the Guatemala illegal aliens here in America is our problem, not hers.

I would like to see our President stop giving millions of dollars to the Central American countries, and use that money instead to send each and everybody back to their homeland.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:55 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,427,088 times
not to worry there arent --- mostly they are being released on the streets in our communities, with a note saying to appear on a court date a month later which of course they will not attend.
this is an end run around the san ysidro wall, they are making the new mexico arizona and texas problem once again a california problem and BP is helping bus them to us around our barrier. its no longer border patrol its illegal immigration assistance and support agency. when the law breaks the law there is no law
billy jack 1972

Old 07-04-2014, 08:58 PM

673 posts, read 552,452 times
I may post this elsewhere, so I won't elaborate much more than this -There is a tremendous health crisis that is occurring with these illegals as well.

Not only are most of them not immunized, but they also hadn't gone through the normal "pre-screening" that other new immigrants do upon first entering our country. So, even the basic precautions haven't been taken.

There's a host of contagious diseases already identified, as well as a couple of cases of H1N1. These diseases can and do spread to the local communities.

I'd also wonder about the vehicles that transported these illegals to various "holding" centers, what is done with their clothing and any other belongings, etc.

We have a problem here, whose magnitude and breadth haven't yet been realized.
~Dandi

Old 07-04-2014, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Think? Instead of bribing criminals to not be criminals why not go after the bait?
Solution go after the bait. Go after the employers. Go after the assets of the illegals. That is the starting point.
Billion dollar fences that may or may not work?
We have a huge standing army. Assign 10 soldiers to every Border patrol agent.
We have more drone than most countries have aircraft in their air forces. Instead of patrolling the borders of Pakistan and Iraq lets patrol our own. The soldiers and drone operators are already on our pay roll. Lets use them for our own needs.
Oh wait we might have to change laws. Some seems to think that is impossible.
Another poster advocates either bribing illegals or rewarding them. Conventional wisdom screams that this is a mistake.
Would it not be a lot smarter to realize that 9 trillion is absurd?

Assign 10 soldiers to every border patrol guy and in a year the entire smuggling industry will be run by the US military.

Get the drones going and in a year the cartels will be receiving the live video from the drones.

changing laws is certainly not impossible. You need either a legislative majority large enough or a general consensus that it is needed. If you have neither changing laws is not possible.

And if we can really save 8 trillion dollars bribing illegals..bribe away.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:03 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:

Assign 10 soldiers to every border patrol guy and in a year the entire smuggling industry will be run by the US military.

Get the drones going and in a year the cartels will be receiving the live video from the drones.

changing laws is certainly not impossible. You need either a legislative majority large enough or a general consensus that it is needed. If you have neither changing laws is not possible.

What???? Are you insane or trolling?
This post deserves no further response. In fact you just made the ignore list. I will not take part in the slander of our troops. I am a VET and I never, nor do I know anyone I ever served with who would betray their country. The very few who did are the rare exception. You confuse soldiers with politicians. A politician's loyalty and honor is to be bought and sold. Not the common soldier, marine, sailor or airman. You go to far.
Perhaps because you may behave that way you assume others will as well. Sort of like how a cheat is always worried that their spouse is cheating on them.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:05 PM

2,564 posts, read 1,597,794 times
Quote:

It won't save anything. It will just encourage more to come. Try using your brain.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I may post this elsewhere, so I won't elaborate much more than this -There is a tremendous health crisis that is occurring with these illegals as well.

Not only are most of them not immunized, but they also hadn't gone through the normal "pre-screening" that other new immigrants do upon first entering our country. So, even the basic precautions haven't been taken.

There's a host of contagious diseases already identified, as well as a couple of cases of H1N1. These diseases can and do spread to the local communities.

I'd also wonder about the vehicles that transported these illegals to various "holding" centers, what is done with their clothing and any other belongings, etc.

We have a problem here, whose magnitude and breadth haven't yet been realized.
~Dandi
I have entered the US well over 100 times. Twenty or thirty of those while accompanied by foreigners. We have never had a health inspection. Twenty or so times I came in from Mexico.

So it is known that well off people who come into the US are OK...you need only worry the poor ones.

Source?

Old 07-04-2014, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
It won't save anything. It will just encourage more to come. Try using your brain.
So you don't believe the 9 trillion cost? Are you doubting this key figure?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or