U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 09:12 PM

673 posts, read 552,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Think? Instead of bribing criminals to not be criminals why not go after the bait?
Solution go after the bait. Go after the employers. Go after the assets of the illegals. That is the starting point.
Billion dollar fences that may or may not work?
We have a huge standing army. Assign 10 soldiers to every Border patrol agent.
We have more drone than most countries have aircraft in their air forces. Instead of patrolling the borders of Pakistan and Iraq lets patrol our own. The soldiers and drone operators are already on our pay roll. Lets use them for our own needs.
Oh wait we might have to change laws. Some seems to think that is impossible.
Another poster advocates either bribing illegals or rewarding them. Conventional wisdom screams that this is a mistake.

If you had read my earlier posts, I've already addressed those solutions and more. I feel like I keep repeating myself. Ditto for changing the law. I advocated organizing, protesting, and publicly demanding our government change the laws immediately, (emergency bill), and close the border. Ditto for fining the employers. Check the US Census Bureau. They basically know who's foreign born (as well as illegal,)according to the Heritage Foundation article I posted earlier in this thread.

I WISH you all read that article, at least! It has a breakdown of every dollar spent on lawful immigrants, illegal aliens, and a host of other comparisons.

Even suggested (as a longer term solution) to use those incarcerated in our prisons as laborers to build whatever it takes to secure our border. Have armed guards on the US side so none can escape here, but heck, let Mexico deal with some of OUR criminals if they so happen to "escape" on that side of the border!

Definitely do NOT reward or bribe the illegals. Geez, we've already spent too much of our resources on them! They are criminals, plain and simple.

~ Dandi

Old 07-04-2014, 09:16 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,145,995 times
Quote:
What???? Are you insane or trolling?
This post deserves no further response. In fact you just made the ignore list. I will not take part in the slander of our troops. I am a VET and I never, nor do I know anyone I ever served with who would betray their country. The very few who did are the rare exception. You confuse soldiers with politicians. A politician's loyalty and honor is to be bought and sold. Not the common soldier, marine, sailor or airman. You go to far.
Perhaps because you may behave that way you assume others will as well. Sort of like how a cheat is always worried that their spouse is cheating on them.
Spare me. I too am a vet. At one point I was even a "Screaming Eagle".

You don't know that a standard problem with garrison duty is that people go on the take? Which Army where you in...I hope not ours.

The reason that you don't put troops on borders is because it is bad for the borders and bad for the troops.

Ohh hang on I missed it...i Am a VET

Old 07-04-2014, 09:21 PM

11,501 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Hey no sweat. Easily fixed. Simple give each Family who agrees to go $25,000 a year for 25 years if they return to Mexico. Guarantee performance by having them pick it up weekly or monthly at a local bank in Mexico. Hell you could even extend it to inflation compensated. And you got a lot of trillions left to do other things with.
You were the one who said that we should bribe illegals to leave.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:23 PM

Quote:
For 8 trillion dollars? Are you nuts? Of course? Send them all by jet plane and limousine.
You were the one who said that we should give them money to leave. Now you're losing track of your own posts.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Hey no sweat. Easily fixed. Simple give each Family who agrees to go $25,000 a year for 25 years if they return to Mexico. Guarantee performance by having them pick it up weekly or monthly at a local bank in Mexico. Hell you could even extend it to inflation compensated. And you got a lot of trillions left to do other things with.
^In fact, here is where you said it

Old 07-04-2014, 09:26 PM

Quote:
What???? Are you insane or trolling?
This post deserves no further response. In fact you just made the ignore list. I will not take part in the slander of our troops. I am a VET and I never, nor do I know anyone I ever served with who would betray their country. The very few who did are the rare exception. You confuse soldiers with politicians. A politician's loyalty and honor is to be bought and sold. Not the common soldier, marine, sailor or airman. You go to far.
Perhaps because you may behave that way you assume others will as well. Sort of like how a cheat is always worried that their spouse is cheating on them.
Good idea, tinman01 re: the ignore list. There is no reasoning with Ivoc.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:26 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,887,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
If you had read my earlier posts, I've already addressed those solutions and more. I feel like I keep repeating myself. Ditto for changing the law. I advocated organizing, protesting, and publicly demanding our government change the laws immediately, (emergency bill), and close the border. Ditto for fining the employers. Check the US Census Bureau. They basically know who's foreign born (as well as illegal,)according to the Heritage Foundation article I posted earlier in this thread.

I WISH you all read that article, at least! It has a breakdown of every dollar spent on lawful immigrants, illegal aliens, and a host of other comparisons.

Even suggested (as a longer term solution) to use those incarcerated in our prisons as laborers to build whatever it takes to secure our border. Have armed guards on the US side so none can escape here, but heck, let Mexico deal with some of OUR criminals if they so happen to "escape" on that side of the border!

Definitely do NOT reward or bribe the illegals. Geez, we've already spent too much of our resources on them! They are criminals, plain and simple.

~ Dandi
I agree with you. rewarding a criminal is absolutely never the right answer, it only encourages more of the same behavior.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Good idea, tinman01 re: the ignore list. There is no reasoning with Ivoc.
Slandering those who sacrifice so much is indefensible and unacceptable. Insinuating that any soldier involved would be bought by criminals is beyond insulting. It was a troll post at best.

Old 07-04-2014, 09:52 PM

673 posts, read 552,452 times
Thumbs up 5 sources proving my point

Ivoc, I will address your post and question one last time. I'm becoming quite frustrated with you (and others) who spout all kinds of opinions (and as I said before, sarcastic, pithy barbs) about a very serious topic - and I don't believe even one of you has posted any links, resources, references, or other indications of logical support, nor cogent thought processes.

But to humor you, as well as prove a point, I shall do so here.

First of all, when one is traveling (as you were, as were the foreigners), a health certificate is usually not necessary. Additionally, your allegation is incorrect. Health inspections are NOT just reserved for the poor!

This all changes when a LEGAL immigrant is applying for entry into our country. Ditto for those on Visas. Forgive me, but I thought that was common knowledge!!!

Here are several sources, which I hope should MORE than satisfy you. I don't usually like to stereotype, but the fist week I've spent on CD, learned how to identify the libs and loonies. They're the ones who spout emotion and anger over logical debate...and usually (at least what I've seen in the immigration forums), they haven't supplied "sources"...yet ask everyone else for the same.

So, tell me if these 5 resources suffice: (Do me a favor, please READ them! I'm becoming weary of posting some very information-laden and well-researched articles that no one has read...do their detriment.)

Refugee health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2014/chapter-9-health-considerations-for-newly-arrived/before-arrival-in-the-united-states-the-overseas-medical-examination

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/immigrant-process/interview/prepare/medical-exam-faqs.html
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/07/children_crossing_border_illegally_a_possible_publ ic_health_crisis_from.html
~Submitted with respect, Dandi

Old 07-04-2014, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Ivoc, I will address your post and question one last time. I'm becoming quite frustrated with you (and others) who spout all kinds of opinions (and as I said before, sarcastic, pithy barbs) about a very serious topic - and I don't believe even one of you has posted any links, resources, references, or other indications of logical support, nor cogent thought processes.

But to humor you, as well as prove a point, I shall do so here.

First of all, when one is traveling (as you were, as were the foreigners), a health certificate is usually not necessary. Additionally, your allegation is incorrect. Health inspections are NOT just reserved for the poor!

This all changes when a LEGAL immigrant is applying for entry into our country. Ditto for those on Visas. Forgive me, but I thought that was common knowledge!!!

Here are several sources, which I hope should MORE than satisfy you. I don't usually like to stereotype, but the fist week I've spent on CD, learned how to identify the libs and loonies. They're the ones who spout emotion and anger over logical debate...and usually (at least what I've seen in the immigration forums), they haven't supplied "sources"...yet ask everyone else for the same.

So, tell me if these 5 resources suffice: (Do me a favor, please READ them! I'm becoming weary of posting some very information-laden and well-researched articles that no one has read...do their detriment.)

Refugee health - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/yellowbook/2014/chapter-9-health-considerations-for-newly-arrived/before-arrival-in-the-united-states-the-overseas-medical-examination

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2014/07/children_crossing_border_illegally_a_possible_publ ic_health_crisis_from.html
~Submitted with respect, Dandi
Like you I have posted repeatedly the steps to legal immigration and links to support my statements in that regard. I was actually called a liar on another thread in spite of links proving the steps to gaining a VISA. (The first step in legal immigration.) The required health screening and police background checks, the biometrics. the whole list.
The idea that laws can't be changed as lvoc claims is insane. laws are written and amended all the time.

Last edited by tinman01; 07-04-2014 at 10:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or