U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 11:11 PM

673 posts, read 552,725 times

Advertisements

Hooray! Glad to chat with you Bos and Tinman.!!!!

Old 07-04-2014, 11:13 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,152,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
***Nope. Check the reference I posted 'way back. Look for it and read for yourself.

That's not the question you asked me. See below:

Ivoc, I'm thinking YOU can't keep track of YOUR posts. YOU asked the question above, and I posted links that indicated just WHO is given health screenings. NOT regular travelers, NOT illegals (for obvious reasons, I hope! Or, do I have to explain this to you, too???). Therefore, WHO is left? Why, LEGAL immigrants and those pursuing VISAs!!! I gave you what you asked for. To subvert this, and play your silly games is sophomoric, and typical of a loony left.
And ALL links worked for me. Maybe your computer, like your mind, is going soft.
I requested the source for requiring a health check if you are not an immigrant. To anyone not obfuscating that would be obvious.

Quote:
Tinman, others as well as I, completely agree with you! This is just about all this man can harp on. I think we should all press our "ignore" buttons! He's become a pesky gnat.
I do agree. You waste your time and mine responding.

I look at the nine trillion and presume...but no...

Old 07-04-2014, 11:17 PM

164 posts, read 265,297 times
First, no one is against immigration, but we are against Illegal Immigration. What part of illegal don't you understand? I'm Black, and I don't like seeing people literally walk across the border and be able to enjoy the benefits of America while people wait years to do it legally. And those kids aren't here "escaping violence," they are here because of rumors of amnesty and they believed that they could stay and wouldn't get deported. In-fact, many of those unaccompanied children were brought here by smugglers who were paid by their relatives here in the U.S, who are here illegally themselves. So not only did they come here and break our laws, but then have the audacity to pay smugglers thousands of dollars to bring the rest of their family members here illegally as well. What a blatant disrespect of our laws and our country.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3gd View Post
First, no one is against immigration, but we are against Illegal Immigration. What part of illegal don't you understand? I'm Black, and I don't like seeing people literally walk across the border and be able to enjoy the benefits of America while people wait years to do it legally. And those kids aren't here "escaping violence," they are here because of rumors of amnesty and they believed that they could stay and wouldn't get deported. In-fact, many of those unaccompanied children were brought here by smugglers who were paid by their relatives here in the U.S, who are here illegally themselves. So not only did they come here and break our laws, but then have the audacity to pay smugglers thousands of dollars to bring the rest of their family members here illegally as well. What a blatant disrespect of our laws and our country.
Welcome to our little party. Everyone here opposes illegal immigration certainly including me.

That has nothing to do with this discussion. The question is what to do.

That has to be within the scope of US law and rationality.

And no they won't leave because you don't like them and the US does not have available any place near the resources to remove them.

Now what do you want to do. You can certainly do nothing and likely in 10 years we will have 20 million or you can legalize the existing ones and take steps to prevent further entry...which may or may not work.

So jump right in.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:25 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
They voluntarily immigrated. Make them an offer...$15,000 a year to return to Mexico. If you are right it does not cost us anything. Simply reroute all the welfare money. Then all you got to do is keep new ones from entering.

Virtually all money will be on the behalf of American citizen children. So you have figured a way to decide which American children get welfare and which don't?

Sure there will be some left. Virtually all. And you have no way to cut them off from anything - as it all comes through legal children. And virtually all will do without any welfare as most of the workers do now.

You have been spouting this nonsense so long I think you may actually believe it. You really should try plucking the daisy...much better chance than your other approaches.
Uh; NO "bribing" illegal aliens to leave the US. Take the cuffs off the cops, E verify for ALL workers, end birthright if both parents are illegal aliens, NO kind of ID for any illegal alien, English ONLY for DMV, voting, EBT and so on. If that means changing some laws to do that, I'm Def Ok with that.

MOST illegal aliens WILL leave once they're starving especially if they try something stupid like rioting, they'd be arrested on the spot.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; NO "bribing" illegal aliens to leave the US. Take the cuffs off the cops, E verify for ALL workers, end birthright if both parents are illegal aliens, NO kind of ID for any illegal alien, English ONLY for DMV, voting, EBT and so on. If that means changing some laws to do that, I'm Def Ok with that.

MOST illegal aliens WILL leave once they're starving especially if they try something stupid like rioting, they'd be arrested on the spot.
YOu have to change the laws. You cannot change the laws. Whey do you find this so difficult to understand.

I think there must be mental ailment.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:30 PM

9,291 posts, read 5,792,928 times
Cuellar says 48,000 illegal immigrants were arrested

Cuellar says they need to be deported.

Old 07-04-2014, 11:32 PM

11,515 posts, read 5,521,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob3gd View Post
Great post!

And what's even worse, those illegals got those thousands of dollars because they are getting paid under the table. Meanwhile, Americans and legal immigrants are expected to pay our taxes

Old 07-04-2014, 11:33 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,296,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
YOu have to change the laws. You cannot change the laws. Whey do you find this so difficult to understand.

I think there must be mental ailment.
IVOC: I can the SAME things about you but I don't. So, drop the attacks against me!!!

Old 07-04-2014, 11:36 PM

11,515 posts, read 5,521,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Cuellar says 48,000 illegal immigrants were arrested

Cuellar says they need to be deported.

Well, that's heartening to hear this from Cuellar! Currently, his grade is "F" when it comes to immigration issues. Maybe now he'll get a passing grade:

www.betterimmigration.com

Everybody should check out their rep and senators on the betterimmigration site.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or