U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 06:16 PM

14,382 posts, read 7,481,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Let them all sleep in the Lincoln bedroom and then the overflow can sleep in Obama's bedroom.
Wouldn't that be considered torture? On the children I meant.
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeendonuts View Post
Obviously give them amnesty and bring their families over here so that they can be together and the parents can take care of their children.
I'm glad sarcasm is alive and well.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:18 PM

553 posts, read 453,439 times
Children belong with their parents. That is the Standard of International Law recognized by every nation on the face of this Earth. That was the reason Elian Gonzalez was forcibly removed and sent back to his father in Cuba. I didn't like it, but had to admit that we would have demanded the same of the Russian Government if an American child were in Russia. If we allow these children to stay here we are opening the door to runaways, kidnapping, and child trafficking. We need to return them to their parents.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:20 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,401,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
Wouldn't that be considered torture? On the children I meant.

I'm glad sarcasm is alive and well.
Torture is taking over Mrs. Obama's bedroom.. and they would have to eat celery for breakfast out of Mrs. Obama's garden.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:24 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
What SHOULD be done is not what IS being done.

They are being merged into US society by the very government who is saying they can't stay.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:33 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,030,761 times
Sent back to their parents. I'd think their native country would be interested in them as citizens of that country but probably not anymore than you see those Mexican political groups rushing to help them.Process and the call in MAC to transport home.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:35 PM

55,237 posts, read 72,415,357 times
their home country made their problem our problem

Old 06-20-2014, 06:39 PM

673 posts, read 552,131 times
Wayland Woman, you're waaaaayyyy off the mark. Obama hadn't done anything for weeks while this problem was overwhelming the border agents. There was an agent interviewed tonight on Greta VanSusteren. Very telling...at first, the agents were instructed NOT to speak to the media. Hmmmm, I wonder why? Perhaps Obama was too busy on his fund-raising campaign and playing golf? (He must be pretty good by now!) Haven't you noticed he takes days, sometimes weeks to respond? He doesn't want to deal with such affairs, lest they further erode his approvability numbers...

This entire affair was and still is a national security breach. The cartels are working with Al-Qaeda, with the latter asking the cartels to help them sneak into the US. You better believe that we should have our troops, the Guard, and anyone else available to form a "human bridge" along the entire border to keep watch. At least that's what I would have done.

The border agents are begging for help - they are babysitting instead of protecting our border! While they are doing this, who else do you think is sneaking in???

Then, I second Redraven's outline of giving them a boxed lunch, a change of clothes, and send them ALL back to Mexico and CA. Leave them at the airport for their own officials to disperse them amongst families there.

Pure and simple...we need to secure and close our borders to everyone right now, for our own very survival - especially because of terrorism and our own economic woes. For heaven's sake, we can't even take care of our own people at this juncture! I'm sure each and every one of you has a friend or acquaintance who could use some help. Many people I know are either out of a job, living paycheck -to-paycheck, have lost their home, or have to choose between buying food or medications.

I truly wish we could help each and every one of these children...and for that matter, each and every child in the middle east suffering the effects of war, terrorists, and radical Islam.

For those of you who think we should allow amnesty for these illegals, or otherwise welcome these illegal aliens into our country for whatever reason, I ask you these questions;

-When does it end?
-Is there a limit on the number of people we take in?
-Is it ONLY from the Mexican and Central-American countries?
-Why aren't we helping the women and children from the Middle East and Africa, whose lives are threatened on a daily basis? Living under worse conditions than these recent illegal immigrants who just crossed our border?

***So, why should this apply to only those desperate/poor people adjacent to America?

There are hundreds of thousands of desperate women and children in Iraq, Syria, and other middle-Eastern countries who have absolutely nothing, and are running for their very lives every day from terrorists and war! The women, especially, are nothing more than chattel or slaves...worse off than the Mexicans across the border.

*** I'd rather help them at this point, over and above anyone else.

So, if we go along with the premise of accepting poor Mexicans or those from Cent. Am. under the guise of helping those less fortunate or escaping the cartel or gang violence, then why don't we get airplanes and ships to gather up these Middle-Eastern women and children, along with others from poor or war-torn countries (in Africa, too)???? Isn't that "fair"???

***In other words, take every disadvantaged, poor, or threatened person on this earth, and bring them to the USA to give them a chance, too?!

*It won't work, folks. Our country is struggling trying to keep afloat.

If we keep on allowing more into our country, we will sink!

*We must close our borders immediately, send these children and others back, and figure out a better short and long-term solution.
Oh, and for those of you outside of Texas, our troops are currently "babysitting" these children at Lackland AFB in San Antonio. Did y'all know that??? Is this what our troops supposed to be doing???
Texas has been dealing with illegals for too long- it's about time the rest of the country wakes up, and realizes what a tremendous crisis and threat this is...for everyone!!!

-thanks for listening, DD

Old 06-20-2014, 06:41 PM

2,721 posts, read 2,145,129 times
We need to send back to their home countries. I don't know how you determine what that is and how it's done, but it needs to happen.

No different than if we tightened border security and turned them away before entering. In fact, this is likely more compassionate. The foundation of our country is in jeopardy. Let's face it...what are their home countries like? Sh!tholes. What are just about every minority dominated community in this country like? Sh!tholes! Is this what we want to expand in our country?

Old 06-20-2014, 06:41 PM

21,492 posts, read 10,401,826 times
Send the deportation bill to the Mexican government and stop commerce coming over the border via Nafta.

Put sanctions on Mexico to not buy their products if they continue to flood our country.

Put them in labor camps instead of a food stamp line. We Americans are tired of working and having our paychecks garnished to feed the illegals.. get the freebees out and labor in. After they earn enough money for a ticket back they can leave.

Old 06-20-2014, 06:42 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
The cost of their temporary care should come directly out of Obama's paycheck. Obama needs also to face steep penalties and punishnent for sending out the invite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or