U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-05-2014, 06:21 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174

Advertisements

Also since impoverished illegals who have never earned more than $30 a week can afford the train trip through Mexico, it shouldn't cost much if we sent them back on that same train.

 
Old 07-05-2014, 06:25 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,202,776 times
Reputation: 5400
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
We don't need to increase the size of ICE at all. Look how quickly the Homeland Security people are working in bringing hundreds of thousands of illegals to many cities and towns in the USA -- planeloads of 300 at a time - bus after bus after bus loads of them.

Imagine if they were actually doing the job correctly and using those planes to fly 300 of them back home at a time? How is it that Obama can get thousands of them into Dallas in one day but can't get thousands of them back home in one day?
Sure in a mere 2 and 1/2 years the ICE will be ready for the deportation of some small part of the 300 people on that airplane. You forgot about the required herings? And in fact maybe half are gone in 5 years?

The system has an apparent capacity of about 400,000 a year before the minor in flux. They will need more hearings so the present capacity will likely go down.

So get your Congress Critter working on a big expansion of ICE if you want to do anything about the problem.

I don't believe you do so I think your real response will be another few thousand messages on CD.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 06:34 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Sure in a mere 2 and 1/2 years the ICE will be ready for the deportation of some small part of the 300 people on that airplane. You forgot about the required herings? And in fact maybe half are gone in 5 years?

The system has an apparent capacity of about 400,000 a year before the minor in flux. They will need more hearings so the present capacity will likely go down.

So get your Congress Critter working on a big expansion of ICE if you want to do anything about the problem.

I don't believe you do so I think your real response will be another few thousand messages on CD.
Oh please -- how long should it take for a hearing when someone has absolutely no legal documentation to be here? These cases could be resolved in 2 minutes each. Where is your visa? Don't have one? Bye bye.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 06:50 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,202,776 times
Reputation: 5400
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh please -- how long should it take for a hearing when someone has absolutely no legal documentation to be here? These cases could be resolved in 2 minutes each. Where is your visa? Don't have one? Bye bye.
Even if true you cannot schedule one for over two years. And it is untrue. The minors will likely have excellent evidence for the dangers in the communities they come from. Some on the legal side of immigration are speculating that half may succeed.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 06:58 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Even if true you cannot schedule one for over two years. And it is untrue. The minors will likely have excellent evidence for the dangers in the communities they come from. Some on the legal side of immigration are speculating that half may succeed.
Asylum is supposed to be for political reasons -- not for 3 year olds coming because the parents want in on the DACA amnesty. Not one of these people actually is involved in politics. Asylum is not really for street crime -- that is up to these people themselves to work on community policing and better laws in their own countries.

There is no good reason at all for it to take 2 years to get a judge to laugh off these scam asylum claims.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 06:59 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,350,866 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Even if true you cannot schedule one for over two years. And it is untrue. The minors will likely have excellent evidence for the dangers in the communities they come from. Some on the legal side of immigration are speculating that half may succeed.
Let LatAm take care of its own people; there are about 20 countries there that speak Spanish. They ain't our problem.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 07:02 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,202,776 times
Reputation: 5400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Let LatAm take care of its own people; there are about 20 countries there that speak Spanish. They ain't our problem.
It became our problem by our laws when the kid turned himself in. Again you are welcome to try and change the law but until you do we follow it.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 07:04 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,202,776 times
Reputation: 5400
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Asylum is supposed to be for political reasons -- not for 3 year olds coming because the parents want in on the DACA amnesty. Not one of these people actually is involved in politics. Asylum is not really for street crime -- that is up to these people themselves to work on community policing and better laws in their own countries.

There is no good reason at all for it to take 2 years to get a judge to laugh off these scam asylum claims.
The schedule in excess of two years appears to be fact. We all get our own opinions but we have one set of facts. So you can opine it should not take two years...but the fact is it does. And as this all goes down it is going to take longer.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 07:06 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Reputation: 22174
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
The schedule in excess of two years appears to be fact. We all get our own opinions but we have one set of facts. So you can opine it should not take two years...but the fact is it does. And as this all goes down it is going to take longer.
So you still haven't told us how any of this is good for the American taxpayers or why Obama is doing this. And it is Obama who has called off any enforcement of the border. There is absolutely no good reason why these people are being allowed to come in - if they were stopped at the border, Mexico will be quick to deport them.
 
Old 07-05-2014, 07:11 PM
 
12,973 posts, read 12,202,776 times
Reputation: 5400
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So you still haven't told us how any of this is good for the American taxpayers or why Obama is doing this. And it is Obama who has called off any enforcement of the border.
It is awful for the American tax payer and the US economy. I am with the economist from the WSJ. Legalize the illegals and we start a new boom...or a boomlet at least.

Maintenance of the existing structure with sub-citizens holding down salaries and paying less than full taxes is terrible.

The border is not leaking. It is being used as a deliberate entry point into US custody. That is why it is going on in Texas...the other border segments are not suitable for that sort of border crossing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top