U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 08:41 AM

673 posts, read 552,304 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Agreed. Only one correction though. These weren't anti or pro-immigration groups. They were anti and pro-illegal immigration groups.
I stand corrected! Gross oversight on my part. Typing too quickly!
Thanks!

Old 07-06-2014, 08:48 AM

Default timely news about illegals causing a myriad of problems

Here's some more information on just why we cannot continue to allow illegal immigration across our borders, specifically, the southern border.

Just scroll through and read about all of the OTHER repercussions effected on American citizens who live near the border. just curious...do you PRO - illegals condone this, too??? Or are you conveniently turning a blind eye? Just when will you wake up, and realize that the illegals, for a myriad of reasons, must be stopped, and must be deported!

Documents Needed to Start Investigation into Mass Graves | KRGV.com | CHANNEL 5 NEWS | Breaking News Breaking Stories

(posted by elan in "Obama creating a police state" under the Politics and other controversies forum.)

Scroll through to see other articles.

Thanks, DD

Old 07-06-2014, 09:00 AM

31,498 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I stand corrected! Gross oversight on my part. Typing too quickly!
Thanks!
No problem. I know you are a good American from your posts. It's just that the advocates for illegal immigration like to blur the lines between legal and illegal. That's simply being dishonest.

Old 07-06-2014, 12:23 PM

Thumbs up What "good" American citizens need to do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
No problem. I know you are a good American from your posts. It's just that the advocates for illegal immigration like to blur the lines between legal and illegal. That's simply being dishonest.
Thanks, Old Glory! I'm trying to be a good American...I've come to realize over the years that it does take work, for each and every one of us, to be "good Americans". We have the basic civic duties to keep this country going and growing (in a positive direction, and as per the vision of our founding fathers) - many of these duties go beyond mere voting.

It's incumbent upon us to "grow" too, as time progresses, and to perhaps contribute more in a variety of ways when our country is being threatened from both outside and from within our borders.

Some of these things include problems which our forefathers couldn't have imagined at the time - such as the erosion of the very basic premise upon which our country was founded. Add to that, our cultural and economic erosion from illegals, as well as the terrorism threat and imposition of Sharia law from radical Muslims.

It's our DUTY as US citizens to defend and preserve our Constitution and way of life. (I had a previous post about a personal experience I had with a Muslim man who asserted that the US should replace our Constitution with the Koran and Sharia law, BTW. ) People need to "wake up" immediately, and realize that this seemingly innocuous activity by quiet, (but radical) Muslims have a plan and agenda - of eventually imposing Sharia law. Just read the basic tenets of Islam

So, in short, I'm trying ...by posting informative and well-researched and supported articles raising the alarm of threats to our country... to each and every one of us "legal" citizens - especially citizens who support our Constitution and way of life.

Certainly, even the "pro-illegals" and "pro-Muslim" supporters (who are otherwise "good" US citizens) must realize or admit that these factions DON'T want to embrace anything about our culture, language, ethos, and way of life. Just look at South Texas and San Antonio- almost every publication has to include the Spanish language, so that the illegals (as well as the legal ones who aren't bothering learning out language). We have to provide translators for these people in courts and such. Look at the employment section of the newspapers and on internet job sites..."must speak Spanish". Isn't THIS an imposition on us? On America? Don't you think this costs so much extra???

The LEGAL immigrants of the 1880s-1920s HAD to learn our language. It was part of the immigrants' duty to do so!!!! Most learned English on their own. Our government didn't provide them translators, nor information printed in their native language. So, what happened over time, that NOW these immigrants, illegal or not, DEMAND that we provide this for them! Gee, aren't they intelligent enough (as compared to the immigrants of the early 1900s) to learn English??? Are these the kind of "immigrants" we want, or should admit into our country? H**l NO!!!!

In fact, I was told that I must learn Spanish, to accommodate the illegals I dealt with in my job!
Have YOU, the "Pro-illegals", dealt with this in YOUR jobs???!!!

If these illegals and Muslims want to break our laws, challenge our culture and lifestyle, as well as bring their own beliefs, language, and customs here and impose them on us, then we don't want them, and shouldn't allow it!!!

Just as an aside and for the information of the "pro-illegals" and "Pro-Muslims", here's something to ponder...as we US citizens are infidels and Kuffar (Arabic term for Infidels):

“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad’s biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers."
–Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy
Direct quote from : What does the Koran say about nonbelievers? | Freethought Nation

***So, folks, by the very words and belief of the Koran (from the article above) , we will be subject to "violent conquest" and "jihad waged on unbelievers". Here in the U.S.!!!

***Many illegals crossing over the southern US borders ARE MUSLIMS and "sleeper cell" TERRORISTS who are preparing for this jihad.
***Perhaps this should yet be ANOTHER reason to close our borders, and REJECT any more illegals trying to gain access into our country???

This is a DIRECT QUOTE from the article entitled:
April 25, 2013 4:00 AM The Southern Border: Our Welcome Mat for Terrorists
"We regularly intercept large numbers of individuals from terrorist-sponsoring nations."

"There are at least 7,518 reasons to get the U.S./Mexican border under control. That equals the number of aliens apprehended in fiscal year 2011 from the four nations the U.S. government labels “state sponsors of terrorism” and ten additional “countries of interest.” Since January 2010, those flying into America via these 14 nations face enhanced screening; as the Transportation Security Administration announced, “Effective aviation security must begin beyond our borders.” U.S. national security merits at least that much vigilance on our borders.
The roaring immigration-reform debate this year largely addresses Hispanic aliens who illegally cross the border. Far more worrisome, however, are the thousands who break into America from countries “where we have concerns, particularly about al-Qaeda affiliates,” a top State Department official told CNN."

taken from: http://www..com/article/346591/south...mat-terrorists

****I urge all of you CD'ers to please read these articles! Look at the one above, especially, to see the chart break-down of the many terrorist countries from which some of the illegals are coming from!

So, YES!!!!! We "good citizens" MUST take a stand and make our voices heard NOW, before it's too late.
"Patriots need to reach into their memory pool to pull out the quote, dust off the words, and shout the quote to fellow citizens: “Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country! ” It is a desperate plead for help in the 11th hour.Standingshoulder to shoulder, patriots have a chance to block the governmental encroachment on personal rights that is taking place on a daily basis."

This was a direct quote from: Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. | Write2fight's Blog

I think it's appropriate and timely to apply it to the illegal alien crisis we have going on now.

*** We must convince "O" and our Congressmen and Senators that this is an emergency...close the borders , and send the illegal kids back NOW, and begin deporting the illegals already here!

It's our CIVIC DUTY as "GOOD" AMERICANS!!!
thanks, Dandi (thanks for the prompt, Old Glory...it got me thinking as to exactly what is a "good American"!!!)

Old 07-06-2014, 01:01 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Quote:
Thanks, Old Glory! I'm trying to be a good American...I've come to realize over the years that it does take work, for each and every one of us, to be "good Americans". We have the basic civic duties to keep this country going and growing (in a positive direction, and as per the vision of our founding fathers) - many of these duties go beyond mere voting.

It's incumbent upon us to "grow" too, as time progresses, and to perhaps contribute more in a variety of ways when our country is being threatened from both outside and from within our borders.

Some of these things include problems which our forefathers couldn't have imagined at the time - such as the erosion of the very basic premise upon which our country was founded. Add to that, our cultural and economic erosion from illegals, as well as the terrorism threat and imposition of Sharia law from radical Muslims.

It's our DUTY as US citizens to defend and preserve our Constitution and way of life. (I had a previous post about a personal experience I had with a Muslim man who asserted that the US should replace our Constitution with the Koran and Sharia law, BTW. ) People need to "wake up" immediately, and realize that this seemingly innocuous activity by quiet, (but radical) Muslims have a plan and agenda - of eventually imposing Sharia law. Just read the basic tenets of Islam

So, in short, I'm trying ...by posting informative and well-researched and supported articles raising the alarm of threats to our country... to each and every one of us "legal" citizens - especially citizens who support our Constitution and way of life.

Certainly, even the "pro-illegals" and "pro-Muslim" supporters (who are otherwise "good" US citizens) must realize or admit that these factions DON'T want to embrace anything about our culture, language, ethos, and way of life. Just look at South Texas and San Antonio- almost every publication has to include the Spanish language, so that the illegals (as well as the legal ones who aren't bothering learning out language). We have to provide translators for these people in courts and such. Look at the employment section of the newspapers and on internet job sites..."must speak Spanish". Isn't THIS an imposition on us? On America? Don't you think this costs so much extra???

The LEGAL immigrants of the 1880s-1920s HAD to learn our language. It was part of the immigrants' duty to do so!!!! Most learned English on their own. Our government didn't provide them translators, nor information printed in their native language. So, what happened over time, that NOW these immigrants, illegal or not, DEMAND that we provide this for them! Gee, aren't they intelligent enough (as compared to the immigrants of the early 1900s) to learn English??? Are these the kind of "immigrants" we want, or should admit into our country? H**l NO!!!!

In fact, I was told that I must learn Spanish, to accommodate the illegals I dealt with in my job!

If these illegals and Muslims want to break our laws, challenge our culture and lifestyle, as well as bring their own beliefs, language, and customs here and impose them on us, then we don't want them, and shouldn't allow it!!!

Just as an aside and for the information of the "pro-illegals" and "Pro-Muslims", here's something to ponder...as we US citizens are infidels and Kuffar (Arabic term for Infidels):

“About sixty-one percent of the contents of the Koran are found to speak ill of the unbelievers or call for their violent conquest; at best only 2.6 percent of the verses of the Koran are noted to show goodwill toward humanity. About seventy-five percent of Muhammad’s biography (Sira) consists of jihad waged on unbelievers."
–Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy
Direct quote from : What does the Koran say about nonbelievers? | Freethought Nation

***So, folks, by the very words and belief of the Koran (from the article above) , we will be subject to "violent conquest" and "jihad waged on unbelievers". Here in the U.S.!!!

***Many illegals crossing over the southern US borders ARE MUSLIMS and "sleeper cell" TERRORISTS who are preparing for this jihad.
***Perhaps this should yet be ANOTHER reason to close our borders, and REJECT any more illegals trying to gain access into our country???

"We regularly intercept large numbers of individuals from terrorist-sponsoring nations."

"There are at least 7,518 reasons to get the U.S./Mexican border under control. That equals the number of aliens apprehended in fiscal year 2011 from the four nations the U.S. government labels “state sponsors of terrorism” and ten additional “countries of interest.” Since January 2010, those flying into America via these 14 nations face enhanced screening; as the Transportation Security Administration announced, “Effective aviation security must begin beyond our borders.” U.S. national security merits at least that much vigilance on our borders.
The roaring immigration-reform debate this year largely addresses Hispanic aliens who illegally cross the border. Far more worrisome, however, are the thousands who break into America from countries “where we have concerns, particularly about al-Qaeda affiliates,” a top State Department official told CNN."

****I urge all of you CD'ers to please read these articles! Look at the one above, especially, to see the chart break-down of the many terrorist countries from which some of the illegals are coming from!

So, YES!!!!! We "good citizens" MUST take a stand and make our voices heard NOW, before it's too late.
"Patriots need to reach into their memory pool to pull out the quote, dust off the words, and shout the quote to fellow citizens: “Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country! ” It is a desperate plead for help in the 11th hour.Standingshoulder to shoulder, patriots have a chance to block the governmental encroachment on personal rights that is taking place on a daily basis."

This was a direct quote from: Now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country. | Write2fight's Blog

I think it's appropriate and timely to apply it to the illegal alien crisis we have going on now.

*** We must convince "O" and our Congressmen and Senators that this is an emergency...close the borders , and send the illegal kids back NOW, and begin deporting the illegals already here!

thanks, Dandi (thanks for the prompt, Old Glory...it got me thinking as to exactly what is a "good American"!!!)
Whack! Whack! Whack!. Darn...the horse is still dead.

The population and the political will opposes your case. You can, at best, prevent anything moving forward. So your ability is to delay...not do anything else.

The 9/11 terrorists came in by generally legal routes and likely will again.

Outraged calls to patriotism are simply the hall marks of a losing battle. When all else fails try and make the opposition unpatriotic.

And it is likely that this opposition will succeed in delaying the eventual outcome until we have 20 million instead of 11...

Old 07-06-2014, 03:24 PM

31,498 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:

–Dr. Moorthy Muthuswamy

The problem with "immigration" today is those coming here both legally and illegally are mostly from one ethnic/national group. I am all for diversity as it aids in assimilation. In the past however it was insinuated that to hold that view is to be bigoted against that group. I never understood that claim because it would mean that they would get an equal share of the immigration pie aka quotas. Wouldn't it be bigoted instead to want to see them favored over others as they are now?

Old 07-06-2014, 03:28 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
Well not many of them are still sitting in there.
Half have been "reunited" with their illegals families here.
One third of the rest have been sent to other illegal family members here.

That means 65% of them are already in homes somewhere in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or