U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 12:33 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Sadly, Driller1, you may be correct...
Maybe Australia is the way to go. Just too many venomous spiders and snakes, however!

They're fortunate...no bordering countries to abuse/use them.

Also, they're smart...they have an absolutely STELLAR immigration policy in place.

Potential LEGAL immigrants must have a good reserve of funds, a profession, or a job lined up before even thinking of applying for residency.

Apparently, the U.S. is definitely NOT the leader of the free world with regard to its immigration policy, along with the problem of illegal aliens breaking the laws.

BTW, I will NOT succumb to the PC Kool-Aid of re-defining these people as "undocumented immigrants" (they should be labeled "CRIMINALS" before given the "status" of "IMMIGRANTS")!
"Refugees" is what the press is now using.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:38 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
"Refugees" is what the press is now using.
Obama spin machine at work

Old 06-21-2014, 01:20 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This is not a solution for all of the children. But many reports have said that there are children traveling alone. Whether those kids have walked by themselves all the way from Guatemala, have parents waiting on the other side of the border, or have had their parent or caretaker die along the road is up in the air.
Uh I find it real hard to believe that kids under about 12 years old can cross from 1 end of Mexico to the other without being "contacted" by the cops. They came from Mexico; let Mexico deal with their kind. Sheesh!

Old 06-21-2014, 01:23 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
What should be done is they should be processed out our country and back to their own.

Old 06-21-2014, 01:28 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh I find it real hard to believe that kids under about 12 years old can cross from 1 end of Mexico to the other without being "contacted" by the cops. They came from Mexico; let Mexico deal with their kind. Sheesh!
The cops charge......it is nothing like the US.

They pay to "ride the beast".

Old 06-21-2014, 01:30 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No. I wouldn't compare humans to dogs.

That's your thing.

Anyway, we have a large Hispanic population...start looking there for homes.
But...you could take just five....right???

Old 06-21-2014, 08:42 PM

7,939 posts, read 3,928,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Sadly, Driller1, you may be correct...
Maybe Australia is the way to go. Just too many venomous spiders and snakes, however!

They're fortunate...no bordering countries to abuse/use them.

Also, they're smart...they have an absolutely STELLAR immigration policy in place.

Potential LEGAL immigrants must have a good reserve of funds, a profession, or a job lined up before even thinking of applying for residency.

Apparently, the U.S. is definitely NOT the leader of the free world with regard to its immigration policy, along with the problem of illegal aliens breaking the laws.

BTW, I will NOT succumb to the PC Kool-Aid of re-defining these people as "undocumented immigrants" (they should be labeled "CRIMINALS" before given the "status" of "IMMIGRANTS")!
IMHO,New Zealand is a much better option,it doesn't have all those venomous spiders and snakes,and is so beautiful.

Old 06-21-2014, 10:10 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
IMHO,New Zealand is a much better option,it doesn't have all those venomous spiders and snakes,and is so beautiful.
Word is NZ doesn't play well with illegal aliens either.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:28 AM

10,777 posts, read 5,079,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
This is not a solution for all of the children. But many reports have said that there are children traveling alone. Whether those kids have walked by themselves all the way from Guatemala, have parents waiting on the other side of the border, or have had their parent or caretaker die along the road is up in the air.
I guess I'm the only one that questions the stories of 4 and 5 year old kids walking from Guatemala or Honduras all by themselves. Any of you know any 4 or 5 year old children? I don't buy it that 10 year old kids are doing this. The distance from Guatemala to the Texas border is 1200 miles. Could you do it across a Country like Mexico that you had never even been to? I would find it just about unbelievable for ONE child to do this .... but 10's of 1,000's ???? The Rio Grande is very shallow in some parts, mostly in the Big Bend area, but it's wide and pretty deep in the Texas Rio Grande Valley area.

I don't believe it. I believe they are here, I just don't believe that they got here on their own is the numbers that are flooding into Texas. This sort of flood is no accident.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:00 AM

673 posts, read 552,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
yes, definitely! heard that too. Another option to consider! -DD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or