U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 04:29 AM

1,480 posts, read 2,182,087 times

Advertisements

I am just shocked at how few liberals have responded to the poll and said that these people are refugees and should be able to stay in America because they come from such terrible situations. So far hardly anyone says they should be able to stay in America.

But you know what? Most of them will end up staying here for the rest of their lives.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:37 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,259,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
yes, definitely! heard that too. Another option to consider! -DD
Take a look at Costa Rica.....there are large areas with English speaking people and schools.

The only downside.....and this is small is you can not buy on the coast......the government owns all of the land on the coast.......there is very little private beachfront land on the ocean.....just what has been in families for years. .

Old 06-22-2014, 10:15 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
I am just shocked at how few liberals have responded to the poll and said that these people are refugees and should be able to stay in America because they come from such terrible situations. So far hardly anyone says they should be able to stay in America.

But you know what? Most of them will end up staying here for the rest of their lives.
And living high on the hog with all their welfare checks, food stamps, government housing -- and making babies so they can get even more free government stuff.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:04 AM

673 posts, read 552,304 times
Hi Driller,

Yes, DH and I even discussed CR and Panama after watching programs on the travel channel, and people moving down there on HGTV. I wonder about the security/stability of the Central and South American countries, however.

We'll probably stay here in the US (family and all...) and try to effect more positive change rather than bail.

Haven't yet given up on the ol' USA. If enough of us decide to do something, maybe we can turn things around.

First, we must expose this current administration for the deceptive, destructive one it is. Second, get rid of the entire lot of them. Third, I'm hoping a viable 3rd party emerges which is more independent of special interests, lobbyists, deep pockets, and hidden agendas.

If not, then, we the people must join together and come up with a solution! Any ideas out there?

Old 06-23-2014, 10:30 AM

796 posts, read 1,335,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Take a look at Costa Rica.....there are large areas with English speaking people and schools.

The only downside.....and this is small is you can not buy on the coast......the government owns all of the land on the coast.......there is very little private beachfront land on the ocean.....just what has been in families for years. .
it's also like that in some states on t he us coastline too. owned by the public.

Old 06-23-2014, 10:48 AM

18,548 posts, read 13,683,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post

I'm sure they have responded, but even Liberals can draw a line when pushed to far

Old 06-23-2014, 10:52 AM

796 posts, read 1,335,865 times
it really galls me that we are sheltering these foreign kids and people who violate our borders, but our own hundreds of thousands of homeless are not given any place for shelter.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/...edge/11033707/

Old 06-23-2014, 04:34 PM

673 posts, read 552,304 times
Default take care of our own FIRST

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bpurrfect View Post
it really galls me that we are sheltering these foreign kids and people who violate our borders, but our own hundreds of thousands of homeless are not given any place for shelter.

Migrants amassing at Rio Grande's edge
True, and I know from friends in the police depts. who tell me a huge number of these kids are picked up by human traffickers to be used in prostitution rings. It's despicable. Where's the outrage here? How about the people demanding we house and feed these illegals, when our very own children are being peddled into sexual slavery???

~DD

Old 06-23-2014, 04:58 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,120,333 times
Call up the embassy of their nation of origin.

Tell them you're sending them back.

Repatriate them to their nation of origin.

Send that country the bill for transportation, room & board.

Old 06-24-2014, 01:06 PM

18,276 posts, read 11,663,507 times
Have news for you all, despite what Obama and his administration say out of one side of their faces they know different. Thanks to changes made to immigration laws in 2002 by both statue and administratively, along with those of the latter by Obama best estimates are at least 60% (or more) of these illegal minors will be subject to some sort of "relief". In short that means they nor any others who reach American soil are *NOT* going anywhere.

If and or until they are sent back these minors are entitled to a host of benefits from free education, perhaps healthcare, will be able to work (when of age) and so forth.

Those promoting this trafficking of minors both within and outside of the USA know exactly what they are doing. This is why their parents and or families are behind a good part of this mess.

All heck is going to break loose come September in many parts of the USA such as New York City when all these illegal minors start showing up to enter public school systems. Make no mistake that the parents and or families of these illegal minors know exactly what the kids are entitled to and intend to ensure it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or