Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2014, 03:33 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Thousands of kids who happen to be illegal immigrants are waiting in a number of American facilities now that they have crossed the border illegally. There are kids and most are not from Mexico (they are mostly from Central America), so they can't be quickly sent back.

What do you think should be done in the short term for the illegal immigrant kids from Central America who have already passed into America? (Short Term equals 1-3 months) Please take my poll!

(PLEASE... lets not get into anther general discussion about illegal immigration, but instead, lets vote and discuss what they should do in the short term about the kids who were recently arrested and are now sitting in detention facilities. And remember they are children from crime filled countries but they did break our laws.)

I'd like to see what all the Neo-Con Right Wing Extremists would like to do to/with those kids,but of course they would never answer 'honestly'! What would their idol/leader Rush Limbaugh do with them?

Old 06-21-2014, 07:19 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Find homes for them I guess.
I am glad you are willing to adopt them

Old 06-21-2014, 07:20 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,222,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
What ever happened to having to have a passport or proof of citizenship when coming over the border? Why are these people being allowed entry in the first place? Since when has it been allowed to simply walk on in without any right to be here?

Thousands every day -- that's absurd.
Liberals do not like immigration laws it reduces their voter base

Old 06-21-2014, 07:31 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
This is a crisis of which we've never seen before. It's a measured, planned blitz on the US; an entirely new and odd situation. No one is discussing just WHY and HOW this happened!

This is NOT just a simple matter of handling each illegal through the court system.

This crisis of 35,000 illegals per month crossing our borders warrants new and immediate action, and laws changed now!!! It's an emergency, with unknown reasons and consequences. Forget the hearings, forget finding any family here...in fact, forget the food and clothing. Close the borders and turn them away NOW!

Yes, we are a wonderful, compassionate nation. I'd like to stay that way AND stay "afloat"! But we cannot continue to accept illegals to our own demise. Our own people have been suffering too much.

To those who oppose sending them back immediately (overwhelming the resources of our HHS and Justice system), or ever... WHEN DOES IT END? Is there a magic number of people? A tipping point? If that's the case, then, why don't we gather up everyone in this world who are needy and bring them here? Why, it's only fair!
~DD
Actually this is the result of laws changed.
The US laws regarding illegal immigration have been tossed to the side and not enforced.
Our politicians all talk about amnesty, a path to citizenship and how they are really not criminals.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:36 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I'd like to see what all the Neo-Con Right Wing Extremists would like to do to/with those kids,but of course they would never answer 'honestly'! What would their idol/leader Rush Limbaugh do with them?
I'm sure they would demand their deportation as our laws dictate. The question is why wouldn't the left wing advocate for that also? Most conservatives I know do not idolize Limbaugh. However, there are certainly enough on the left that idolize Obamas no matter what he does.

Old 06-21-2014, 07:40 AM

671 posts, read 690,577 times
Steven and HappyTexan,

Great posts. I agree...in part, this crisis is occurring because we haven't enforced the laws on the books.

Where the heck are our representatives speaking out against this or doing something?? Judicial system?
Or have they all been reduced to puppets, too?

What a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into...

Old 06-21-2014, 07:52 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
Steven and HappyTexan,

Great posts. I agree...in part, this crisis is occurring because we haven't enforced the laws on the books.

Where the heck are our representatives speaking out against this or doing something?? Judicial system?
Or have they all been reduced to puppets, too?

What a fine mess we've gotten ourselves into...
No....our government made this mess.

Old 06-21-2014, 08:40 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
The border patrol is overwhelmed and they are in way over their heads. This is nothing short of a state of emergency, so bringing in the National Guard is logical.

So what you're saying is that you want them to stay, be housed, and turn this flood into a tsunami?
No. What I said is "find homes for them, I guess."

Old 06-21-2014, 08:48 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,344,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
No. What I said is "find homes for them, I guess."
Like puppies????

How many can you take....5...10.....15 really would not be that hard.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:01 AM

671 posts, read 690,577 times
Driller,
Agreed. They not only created the mess, but are propagating it in this vacuum of the lack of enforcement of our laws.

It was more rhetorical in thought...so, what the heck should WE all do??? Anybody have any practical ideas? We can't sit and do nothing, anymore.

I, for one, want to still have a country left for my own children.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration