Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What should we do in the short term about the illegal immigrant children sitting in detention?
If they have American Families, let them stay 11 6.40%
Deport them immediately to Mexico (Where they crossed) 49 28.49%
Deport them immediately to their home country 103 59.88%
If they don't have American family put them in foster care in the USA 9 5.23%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 08:18 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,409,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, according to you, we should bribe illegals to leave this country?

Hell freaking No way. The way they climbed over the fence to get here, they can just climb their way back home.

We are not responsible for the world and their problems. Why don't all americans bombard the border fence into Mexico, become illegals there, see how we would be treated.

Bribe them with money, what a dumb azz thing to say, to get them to leave. They break the damn law, we pay them to leave, good deal.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:19 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,762,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandiDay View Post
I've already taken action. But, of course, you wouldn't know that, because you've confused me with someone else.
Therefore, you don't know what the heck you're talking about. I've never debated you before. Nor did I say "self-deport" as a solution. I commented on someone else's. Or, perhaps you've lost your glasses?

What a complete, ignorant, Looney you are. How old are you???? Perhaps you need to be tested.

First, I'm new here - so far, I've never posted anything about Clinton. (I VOTED for that j**k, too.- never another Clinton again!!! I've EDUCATED myself!) So, I don't know WHO you're talking about, but it wasn't me!

I'm NOT a rightie NOR a loony left. If you've read ANY of my posts, you would know otherwise.( But actually, I'd rather be on the "right" side of things...)

Stop deflecting from your obvious shortcomings. Most of your posts were vacuous, without substance, merit, OR support! You wanted to argue just for the sake of arguing.

YOU posted the idiotic statements, so YOU defend them! YOU find YOUR sources! Or at least, someone who believes the philosophic trash that YOU do.

My posts are supported and well-researched.

Get off your high horse. Just don't fall...you might break a hip.
Well I will apologize a bit. I should be able to produce a post and can't. So I retract any indications you are a dead head right winger. And merely point out you are a dead head anti=illegals not able to deal with how big a number 9 trillon dollars is.

You are no smarter...just a more limited scope.

And you too are incorrect. We both contributed to the O'Reilly thread.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
What an asinine idea.
You believe saving 8 trillion dollars is an asinine idea?

That is almost half the national debt...

Old 07-04-2014, 08:23 PM

671 posts, read 688,752 times
Default Posts without substance or support are not worth reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Hey no sweat. Easily fixed. Simple give each Family who agrees to go $25,000 a year for 25 years if they return to Mexico. Guarantee performance by having them pick it up weekly or monthly at a local bank in Mexico. Hell you could even extend it to inflation compensated. And you got a lot of trillions left to do other things with.
First of all, how about an apology for confusing me with someone else? You publicly attacked me for an unrelated post, and it wasn't even me!!! Do you have the temerity to do so? Probably not.

I just cannot understand why you and your ilk continue to waste words and everyone's time by posting such ignorant and sarcastic things like you did above. Especially about illegal immigration, which could have disastrous effects on our country and the backs of our children, grandchildren, and so on.

Take a look at this - it might give insight into whom you are, and why you do what you do. Which one are you? Possibly all three?
Sarcasm happens for three reasons:
1) Insecurity
2) Latent Anger
Sarcasm can also be passive aggressive or as a way to assert dominance.
3) Social Awkwardness

from- Sarcasm: Why It Hurts Us - Science of People

Ivoc, I'd truly be interested in your point of view, if you had something positive or constructive to say, and discontinue your sarcastic barbs. Try to research ANYTHING that supports your view. I'm interested in hearing all sides, but not when someone doesn't produce a cogent and well-supported position.
~Dandi

Old 07-04-2014, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So, according to you, we should bribe illegals to leave this country?
For 8 trillion dollars? Are you nuts? Of course? Send them all by jet plane and limousine.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Hell freaking No way. The way they climbed over the fence to get here, they can just climb their way back home.

We are not responsible for the world and their problems. Why don't all americans bombard the border fence into Mexico, become illegals there, see how we would be treated.

Bribe them with money, what a dumb azz thing to say, to get them to leave. They break the damn law, we pay them to leave, good deal.
So you really want to pay 8 trillion dollars to avoid spending 1 trillion on relocating the illegals..

Almost half the national debt?

Old 07-04-2014, 08:26 PM

671 posts, read 688,752 times
Wink Dunce Ivoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Well I will apologize a bit. I should be able to produce a post and can't. So I retract any indications you are a dead head right winger. And merely point out you are a dead head anti=illegals not able to deal with how big a number 9 trillon dollars is.

You are no smarter...just a more limited scope.

And you too are incorrect. We both contributed to the O'Reilly thread.
Oh, geez...I forgot about that. You must have made a memorable post there, too....NOT.

Go off in a corner somewhere. You "left" your pointy hat there.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:33 PM

Quote:
First of all, how about an apology for confusing me with someone else? You publicly attacked me for an unrelated post, and it wasn't even me!!! Do you have the temerity to do so? Probably not.

I just cannot understand why you and your ilk continue to waste words and everyone's time by posting such ignorant and sarcastic things like you did above. Especially about illegal immigration, which could have disastrous effects on our country and the backs of our children, grandchildren, and so on.

Take a look at this - it might give insight into whom you are, and why you do what you do. Which one are you? Possibly all three?
Sarcasm happens for three reasons:
1) Insecurity
2) Latent Anger
Sarcasm can also be passive aggressive or as a way to assert dominance.
3) Social Awkwardness

from- Sarcasm: Why It Hurts Us - Science of People

Ivoc, I'd truly be interested in your point of view, if you had something positive or constructive to say, and discontinue your sarcastic barbs. Try to research ANYTHING that supports your view. I'm interested in hearing all sides, but not when someone doesn't produce a cogent and well-supported position.
~Dandi
I actually apologized a couple of posts back. You need to read the thread.

I also am pointing out to the weak minds that 9 trillion dollars...which you introduced is hopelessly absurd. Though most of them will be unable to process the information and I am not sure that you realize how absurd that number is.

But let the thread unfold.

And I am old enough and battle scared enough as to take a jab here or there. And you got me on a fair one...a very, very unusual occurrence.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:41 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,906,379 times
For a trillion dollars, we could surely find an isolated island somewhere in the south Pacific that we could purchase. Then just send them there. Good luck getting back here after that. One way ticket, enjoy your stay. If some nation finds that mean, they are more than welcome to come rescue them off the island and welcome them into their country.

Old 07-04-2014, 08:44 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,182,754 times
Quote:
Not if we build a fence, moat, canal, or otherwise block the border.
I keep on repeating myself here...look at my other posts in the illegals threads. We CAN find the illegals, everyone pretty much KNOWS some right now. The Census Bureau has some knowledge. So do local hospitals and schools.

Come on!!! Start to THINK...think of solutions!!! Or, would you rather your children, g'children and so on bear this burden? Don't forget...at least $9 trillion dollars for the good ol' USA to keep the 11 million ILLEGAL ALIENS here! (11 million is an incredibly LOW estimate, as is $9 Trillion, folks!)
Think? Instead of bribing criminals to not be criminals why not go after the bait?
Solution go after the bait. Go after the employers. Go after the assets of the illegals. That is the starting point.
Billion dollar fences that may or may not work?
We have a huge standing army. Assign 10 soldiers to every Border patrol agent.
We have more drone than most countries have aircraft in their air forces. Instead of patrolling the borders of Pakistan and Iraq lets patrol our own. The soldiers and drone operators are already on our pay roll. Lets use them for our own needs.
Oh wait we might have to change laws. Some seems to think that is impossible.
Another poster advocates either bribing illegals or rewarding them. Conventional wisdom screams that this is a mistake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.