U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2014, 04:26 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its still 2% , what i would call a pittance.a pittance you wont ever get rid of, theres so many other ways to turn around Americas decline but it seems rather than address the big issues Americans want to spend resources on its illegal demographic, go after those on food stamps expect the problems to be solved on the backs of the poor.
Keep in mind this is an open forum every one has as much right as anyone else to post their opinions here whether they are from USA,Canada or anywhere else in the world.
Canada is still your best buddy but gee you guys have turned into a bunch of whiners/drama queens
Remember all that American media doesnt stop at the border we get it loud and clear 24/7 .
It's probably closer to 30 million and near 10%.

The Reagan amnesty estimates were 800,000.
Over 3 million applied for amnesty.

Old 06-23-2014, 05:16 PM

31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Its still 2% , what i would call a pittance.a pittance you wont ever get rid of, theres so many other ways to turn around Americas decline but it seems rather than address the big issues Americans want to spend resources on its illegal demographic, go after those on food stamps expect the problems to be solved on the backs of the poor.
Keep in mind this is an open forum every one has as much right as anyone else to post their opinions here whether they are from USA,Canada or anywhere else in the world.
Canada is still your best buddy but gee you guys have turned into a bunch of whiners/drama queens
Remember all that American media doesnt stop at the border we get it loud and clear 24/7 .
Didn't I already say you have the right to post your opinion in here? My question is why are you claiming that illegals aren't doing much harm to our country? Why are you ridiculing us for wanting a good physical barrier on our "southern" border? What does that have to do with Canada? If anything I would think Canadians would want us to stop the flow of illegal aliens into our country so that Canada won't be next to be invaded by them. But instead you call us whiners and drama queens?

Illegal immigration is "one" of the biggest issues we are facing today. Where do you get the idea that we aren't addressing our other issues? Problems to be solved on the backs of the poor? Not sure what you are even talking about on that one.

Sorry, but your posts reek of anti-Americanism and I wouldn't expect that from a real Canuck.

Old 06-23-2014, 06:51 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,998,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
What is the best way to get the national media to pick this story up? Maybe then the lame duck mayor and her equally ineffective and lazy employees will do something?
The national media barely reports the present issue with the Central American kids flocking across the border illegally while the Obama Administration plays dumb.

The national media leans Democrat and they will not report what is a negative on the Obama Administration. Our country is full of sheep and sell-outs and our country is getting too soft.

-Cheers.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:19 PM

2,423 posts, read 2,998,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Yep. My in-laws were in town and said that their small town in Eastern Colorado has now been taken over from the last 20 years of idiots using illegals on their ranches and farms. But hey, at least they can get a good burrito now. Capitalism is great so long as you play by the rules. This is what happens when you don't.

Probably the "only" good to come of this is that everyone now gets to experience what we here at the border have been all along. Sucks doesn't it?
Idiot ranchers and farmers indeed.

I used to be the guy that always complained about illegals and blamed them alone for working here illegally, driving without licenses, getting government help and all of the other crap illegals like doing. Then I thought, hey, wait, what brings them here in the first place? It's the sell-out American businesses/employers that employ them. It's the American home-owner that goes to the Home Depots (I see this happening here big-time in my local Home Depots in Southern California) looking for day laborers to tear out grass and install sod or whatever tasks need to be performed. It's our government that wants them here so hopefully for the government one day if they do become legal they remember which party gave them an opportunity and they can 'pay it forward' with a vote. It's ALL of the government employees that make a living in the field of immigration. These folks make a good living and they vote. It's the U.S. Chamber of Commerce which lobbies that laws are not created that will result in illegals being deported so the Chambers' members can have a cheap labor pool which equals big PROFITS on cheap labor.

Since American business controls our government and judges illegal immigration will NEVER be fixed. And that's that.

-Cheers.

Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 PM

31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Idiot ranchers and farmers indeed.

I used to be the guy that always complained about illegals and blamed them alone for working here illegally, driving without licenses, getting government help and all of the other crap illegals like doing. Then I thought, hey, wait, what brings them here in the first place? It's the sell-out American businesses/employers that employ them. It's the American home-owner that goes to the Home Depots (I see this happening here big-time in my local Home Depots in Southern California) looking for day laborers to tear out grass and install sod or whatever tasks need to be performed. It's our government that wants them here so hopefully for the government one day if they do become legal they remember which party gave them an opportunity and they can 'pay it forward' with a vote. It's ALL of the government employees that make a living in the field of immigration. These folks make a good living and they vote. It's the U.S. Chamber of Commerce which lobbies that laws are not created that will result in illegals being deported so the Chambers' members can have a cheap labor pool which equals big PROFITS on cheap labor.

Since American business controls our government and judges illegal immigration will NEVER be fixed. And that's that.

-Cheers.
Illegals, their employers and our government are equally to blame. Not one of them are innocent.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:02 PM

16,886 posts, read 12,536,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tac-Sea View Post
I live in Auburn, WA, about 30 minutes south of Seattle. Last year my city enacted ordinances that prohibit more than four unrelated people to occupy a residence, including single family homes, probably because the problem had gotten so bad. Furthermore, rentals in my city must be licensed, and although this one is, the owners seem to be oblivious to the issues. I know their names, but it has been difficult to track down their address or phone number to contact them. In any case every rental on my block (there are 4 left out of the 5 that were, that one luckily was sold and thus reduced the problem) has a dozen or more people living in it, complete with loud music, drinking, hanging out on the front lawn, etc. These people don't seem to work, I see them them there all day from my cameras while at work.

My neighbors and I have called the cops and code enforcement for nearly 2 years, yet nothing is done about it. I finally emailed the mayor and told her that if they don't do their job I'm taking it to the media to draw national attention to the issue for not doing their jobs. She copied the police chief and some other useless people and assured me my concerns will be addressed. Really? Not one person bothered to contact me back after she copied them on the email. All she could say is they only have one code enforcement officer. My frustration has boiled over. It seems anywhere you move (I moved from Tacoma to get away from this) there they are, breaking the law, dragging middle class communities down the drain by turning them into slums.

What is the best way to get the national media to pick this story up? Maybe then the lame duck mayor and her equally ineffective and lazy employees will do something?

stop calling the cops and start calling ICE, and tell them to start enforcing federal law.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:16 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,169,029 times
Update. Found out they are section 8 tenenants. Talked to other neighbors and we are forming a "posse" and taking it up with the city. They've brougth the owners of the property in on it and they seemed to have started SOME clean up of the rif raf. More needs to be done. I am still considering moving though. This time to a house with an HOA, as it appears HOA's seem to be the only way to live in a decent neighborhood without people painting their house bring pink, or these kinds of situations.

It kills me to know that my tax dollars (I am high income but don't want to name the number) are being used to subsidise these idiots terrorising my neighborhood. Oh, and to the guy who is defending them, you're probably a section 8 tenant, aren't you? Doub't you'll admit it though.

In any case, I have been told that what is going on there is against section 8 regulations. Right now I am trying to get the city to pull the rental license for the property, thus solving the problem. But I will start pestering section 8 too in order to have a backup plan.

At least it will buy me some peace while I look for a new house. I can't believe this is what my country has become. It seems no town is safe. I went to Enumclaw to buy a house and while checking out the neighborhood, had a hispanic male in McDonalds LOUDLY talking on his cell phone so loud, everyone gave him the evil eye. Unbelievable. I am now certain the government is trying to destroy the country will illegal immigrants. Talked to my neighbor about this rental and she was the one that told me it was section 8 and that it has been nothing but hispanics since it became a section 8 rental, and none of them speak English. How exactly is this possible!!! I live in a nearly 300K house!!!

Old 06-23-2014, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Didn't I already say you have the right to post your opinion in here? My question is why are you claiming that illegals aren't doing much harm to our country? Why are you ridiculing us for wanting a good physical barrier on our "southern" border? What does that have to do with Canada? If anything I would think Canadians would want us to stop the flow of illegal aliens into our country so that Canada won't be next to be invaded by them. But instead you call us whiners and drama queens?

Illegal immigration is "one" of the biggest issues we are facing today. Where do you get the idea that we aren't addressing our other issues? Problems to be solved on the backs of the poor? Not sure what you are even talking about on that one.

Sorry, but your posts reek of anti-Americanism and I wouldn't expect that from a real Canuck.

You still think he is a Canadian? He is the only one in this thread defending illegals who steal from us via tax payer funded social services, and the only one insulting Americans. Sounds more like something else than a Canadian.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
stop calling the cops and start calling ICE, and tell them to start enforcing federal law.

Pffft, they are too busy handing out diapers and formula at the border, greeting everyone with open arms and milk and cookies, afterwhich they give them a free health checkup and medical care, then fly or drive them to other states to dump them there. It's part of Obama's grand plan to redistribute the problem throught America to make sure that it fails equally everywhere.

Old 06-23-2014, 08:27 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Oh please! We would LOVE to have Canada's immigration laws. We're the only nation in the world that gives preference to the most illiterate, most unskilled and impoverished, least capable of assimilating. Canada's laws are not nearly as lax. We have more illegals than you guys have citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or