U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2014, 12:31 PM
 
1,265 posts, read 2,337,719 times
Reputation: 1224

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Interesting how the defenders of illegal aliens call any objection we have to illegal immigration backed up by links to the negative impact they have on our own citizens and not to mention that it's a violation of our immigrations laws as.....ranting.

Of course anything they say to the contrary defending illegal aliens is not ranting though.
Again how are we defending them? Nobody has said its right for them to come here illegally. Its just that you focus too much on the immigration problem. Go cry about the outsourcing of jobs then. I dont see you make posts about that. Go cry about the billions of tax cuts the rich get. Go cry about the wasteful spending of trillions of dollars on wars that were totally wasteful. Go make hundreds of posts about that like you are with this issue.


How are we ranting? You are the one who has hundreds of posts about illegal immigrants.

 
Old 06-26-2014, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Under a bridge
2,423 posts, read 2,999,384 times
Reputation: 2485
It's simple:

Illegal aliens DO NOT take jobs from American citizens. U.S. business owners/employers GIVE the illegal aliens the jobs to keep wages down which means more PROFIT while our government, both Republicans and Democrats play dumb and look the other way because their corporate buddies want them to. It has nothing to do if illegal aliens work harder than Americans or not. Illegal immigration= lower labor costs which= MORE CHA- CHING!

To fix the illegal immigration problem it has to start with the EMPLOYERS and ONLY the EMPLOYERS. No jobs for the undocumented= no opportunities= illegals go home and would-be illegals stay put and tough it out at home= corporate America not happy.

The illegal alien can has been kicked down the road since the 60's and 55 years later it's still being kicked down the road. In 20 years it'll still be kicked down the road. You'd think the can would disintegrate by now from all of that kicking.

-Cheers.
 
Old 06-26-2014, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Again how are we defending them? Nobody has said its right for them to come here illegally. Its just that you focus too much on the immigration problem. Go cry about the outsourcing of jobs then. I dont see you make posts about that. Go cry about the billions of tax cuts the rich get. Go cry about the wasteful spending of trillions of dollars on wars that were totally wasteful. Go make hundreds of posts about that like you are with this issue.


How are we ranting? You are the one who has hundreds of posts about illegal immigrants.
And this is the illegal immigration forum. There is another forum to discuss those topics. I believe Politics and Controversies cover them. In this forum illegal immigration is the topic. Bringing up the other issues is deflecting.
 
Old 06-26-2014, 01:46 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeida93 View Post
Again how are we defending them? Nobody has said its right for them to come here illegally. Its just that you focus too much on the immigration problem. Go cry about the outsourcing of jobs then. I dont see you make posts about that. Go cry about the billions of tax cuts the rich get. Go cry about the wasteful spending of trillions of dollars on wars that were totally wasteful. Go make hundreds of posts about that like you are with this issue.


How are we ranting? You are the one who has hundreds of posts about illegal immigrants.
If one is not advocating for them to leave this country but instead desire amnesty for them then one is an illegal alien defender/sympathizer. I have complained about both outsourcing and illegal immigration. Assume much? I have stated that in my posts many times. Sorry you missed them.

This is the illegal immigration forum therefore getting off topic as you suggest is against the TOS of this forum. So all the discussions or rants as you call them in this forum should be about that topic. Don't want to discuss illegal immigration then I suggest you post in another forum of your choice. But since you've already gone off topic I am also an advocate for the rich to pay their fair share of taxes and I am opposed to these useless wars that are costing us dearly financially. I discuss those things under the appropriate forums like I should. It is typical for a defender of illegal aliens to call discussion about them "rants". You didn't disappoint.
 
Old 06-26-2014, 01:50 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
It's simple:

Illegal aliens DO NOT take jobs from American citizens. U.S. business owners/employers GIVE the illegal aliens the jobs to keep wages down which means more PROFIT while our government, both Republicans and Democrats play dumb and look the other way because their corporate buddies want them to. It has nothing to do if illegal aliens work harder than Americans or not. Illegal immigration= lower labor costs which= MORE CHA- CHING!

To fix the illegal immigration problem it has to start with the EMPLOYERS and ONLY the EMPLOYERS. No jobs for the undocumented= no opportunities= illegals go home and would-be illegals stay put and tough it out at home= corporate America not happy.

The illegal alien can has been kicked down the road since the 60's and 55 years later it's still being kicked down the road. In 20 years it'll still be kicked down the road. You'd think the can would disintegrate by now from all of that kicking.

-Cheers.
Illegal aliens don't have to take those jobs though and they know they are breaking the law by accepting jobs here without authorization. Therefore they are accomplices in stealing American jobs. Isn't the guy driving the get-away car just as guilty as the bank robber? I would say so.
 
Old 06-26-2014, 01:59 PM
 
1,696 posts, read 2,290,026 times
Reputation: 4789
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You don't have an illegal immigrant problem. You have a neighbors-acting-like-jackasses problem.

You definitely should go to the press and explain how police have failed to respond to your concerns. However, keep the focus on your rowdy neighbors' behavior, not their legal status. Frankly, I don't see how you could even know for certain what their legal status is. If you keep the focus on behavior, you will come across as a concerned citizen with a reasonable concern. But if you start ranting about how "the illegals are taking over," you will come across as a crank.

The press refuses to address the issue. They side with LULAC, etc. When reporting crimes they will not state whether the arrested was a repeat offender or illegal. If you get on their web site and ask them to, the site fills up with comments from liberals accusing me of being a racist for asking. Some how, people here near the border assume all illegals are Mexicans. They are not!!! Ask any border patrolman.

This is a security and health issue in addition to being an economic disaster for the USA.
 
Old 06-26-2014, 02:48 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
You don't have an illegal immigrant problem. You have a neighbors-acting-like-jackasses problem.

You definitely should go to the press and explain how police have failed to respond to your concerns. However, keep the focus on your rowdy neighbors' behavior, not their legal status. Frankly, I don't see how you could even know for certain what their legal status is. If you keep the focus on behavior, you will come across as a concerned citizen with a reasonable concern. But if you start ranting about how "the illegals are taking over," you will come across as a crank.

Oh, gee...From what I know about Rogers Park, your neighborhood doesn't have any problems with flophouses filled with illegal aliens. Am I correct?

Would you like it if the house next door to you became a flophouse filled with illegal aliens? Would you happily co-exist with that?

Would you like it if Rogers Park had so many flophouses filled with illegal aliens that the local schools went downhill and the crime rate went up? What would you do when your property values decrease? Would you stay and organize the other neighbors and fight for your community or would you sell your house and get out?

Unless you've been in that situation, it is easy to criticize others who have been there.

As for the police---If there are no decent local laws in place to deal with overcrowded flophouses, the police department's hands are tied when it comes to shutting them down. At best, if someone in the house has broken another law, s/he will get arrested but the flophouse will still be there.
 
Old 06-26-2014, 03:00 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
No clue? thats why i'm asking the questions,clue me in as up here in Canada this is not an issue any one talks about or an issue much of the country even knows exists.
I'd think if illegal aliens were taking over/destroying whole towns the media would be all over it. post some links describing whole towns being taken over/being destroyed by illegal aliens as again i have no clue what is meant by that description.
You say illegal aliens are parasites yet you then say they take jobs Americans want,its either one or the other, and what type of American employer is going to hire an illegal undocumented alien over a legit American and in the process open himself up to legal consequences?.
Its also quite obvious America is hurting for jobs but i think the bigger problem is corporate America outsourcing most of the middle classes manufacturing jobs to places like China and southeast Asia and not 11 million Mexicans doing farm labor and domestic jobs.
I think that you are being deliberately obtuse.

You incredibly say this:

"I'd think that if illegal aliens were taking over/destroying whole towns the media would be all over it."

^Seriously? You expect the lamestream media to address this issue? Wow! The lamestream media's reporting is one-sided these days. Read some newspapers. You will see that when they write about illegal immigration, it's sob stories about poor, suffering illegals. When it comes to so-called "immigration reform", they push amnesty for illegals relentlessly and try to convince everybody that the majority is for this. They would never write about the downside of illegal immigration. The Washington Post, for example, constantly writes editorials pushing for amnesty. They even call those who speak out against illegal immigration "nativists".

I know people who live in Canada. They tell me that your media, too, is decidedly biased and leans extremely left.

You really need to pay attention.

Are you really unaware as to why employers hire illegals? 1) Some don't want to hire them and will use E-verify. However, E-verify needs to be tweaked to better catch ID theft. For example, illegals name their anchor babies after themselves and then use said child's SSN.

2) Some deliberately hire illegals and pay them under the table.

Outsourcing is wrong and that, too, is a big problem that the lamestream media refuses to touch.
 
Old 06-26-2014, 03:45 PM
 
31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8354
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I think that you are being deliberately obtuse.

You incredibly say this:

"I'd think that if illegal aliens were taking over/destroying whole towns the media would be all over it."

^Seriously? You expect the lamestream media to address this issue? Wow! The lamestream media's reporting is one-sided these days. Read some newspapers. You will see that when they write about illegal immigration, it's sob stories about poor, suffering illegals. When it comes to so-called "immigration reform", they push amnesty for illegals relentlessly and try to convince everybody that the majority is for this. They would never write about the downside of illegal immigration. The Washington Post, for example, constantly writes editorials pushing for amnesty. They even call those who speak out against illegal immigration "nativists".

I know people who live in Canada. They tell me that your media, too, is decidedly biased and leans extremely left.

You really need to pay attention.

Are you really unaware as to why employers hire illegals? 1) Some don't want to hire them and will use E-verify. However, E-verify needs to be tweaked to better catch ID theft. For example, illegals name their anchor babies after themselves and then use said child's SSN.

2) Some deliberately hire illegals and pay them under the table.

Outsourcing is wrong and that, too, is a big problem that the lamestream media refuses to touch.
As we both know illegals do take jobs from Americans but they work at such a low rate of pay that they need government subsidies to survive thus they are also parasites.

Many employers are willing to hire them because there is little chance of getting caught. It has to be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegals aliens and without e-verify these illegals do as you stated above or present some pretty authentic looking fake documents during the hiring practice.

I provided many links as to the negative impact that illegal immigration has on our own citizens but then some don't give a damn about facts. They still insist that it is no big deal in our country. If they don't even live here (or so they say) how can they claim they know better?
 
Old 06-26-2014, 03:51 PM
 
11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As we both know illegals do take jobs from Americans but they work at such a low rate of pay that they need government subsidies to survive thus they are also parasites.

Many employers are willing to hire them because there is little chance of getting caught. It has to be proven that they "knowingly" hired illegals aliens and without e-verify these illegals do as you stated above or present some pretty authentic looking fake documents during the hiring practice.

I provided many links as to the negative impact that illegal immigration has on our own citizens but then some don't give a damn about facts. They still insist that it is no big deal in our country. If they don't even live here (or so they say) how can they claim they know better?
OldGlory---If I could rep you again, I would!

I've found that those who live in affluent neighborhoods are clueless when it comes to the damage illegal aliens do to neighborhoods. They call those of us who have seen this destruction up close and personal, "racists". Yet, if the house next door to them became a flophouse filled with illegal aliens, they would be screaming from the rafters about their schools and neighborhood plus their property values. So much for their bumper stickers that say "co-exist".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top