U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2014, 03:56 PM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OldGlory---If I could rep you again, I would!

I've found that those who live in affluent neighborhoods are clueless when it comes to the damage illegal aliens do to neighborhoods. They call those of us who have seen this destruction up close and personal, "racists". Yet, if the house next door to them became a flophouse filled with illegal aliens, they would be screaming from the rafters about their schools and neighborhood plus their property values. So much for their bumper stickers that say "co-exist".
Also, how would someone who doesn't even live in this country (or so they claim) know what goes on in ours and just what is their infatuation with this subject that has nothing to do with their country? As I said, I even provided links to the damage that illegal immigration has brought on our country and yet they persist in being in denial and make it look like we are damned fools who don't know what we are talking about.

Old 06-26-2014, 10:29 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
OldGlory---If I could rep you again, I would!

I've found that those who live in affluent neighborhoods are clueless when it comes to the damage illegal aliens do to neighborhoods. They call those of us who have seen this destruction up close and personal, "racists". Yet, if the house next door to them became a flophouse filled with illegal aliens, they would be screaming from the rafters about their schools and neighborhood plus their property values. So much for their bumper stickers that say "co-exist".
Agreed and HOW!

Many illegal alien fans WOULD lose it if their lawbreaking "friends" moved in next door. NIMBY would def stand up and want to be counted.

Old 06-27-2014, 01:06 AM

33,136 posts, read 39,078,504 times
Coming to this particular section of the forum after my curiosity was aroused by some of the topic titles i thought i'd drop in and find out what its all about as its not something that is fully understood or talked about up in Canada.
First up my Canadian citizenship is under scrutiny along with the attitude that this issue is none of my business, I persist in debate but get little more than personal opinion on the hoardes of aliens crossing the border every day, anywhere from 10 to 50 million illegals taking over towns taking American jobs whole companies staffed by illegals and evidently theres nothing any one can do about it because the government loves illegal immigrants. Right so far?
Then theres the illegals themselves.. How some one can tell an illegal is an illegal was never fully explained i get the impression that basically any one who looks like a Latino is automatically viewed as an illegal parasite a lazy bum out to destroy America and to be immediately be hated.
Questioning any part of this issue immediately puts you in a group that is viewed as evidently supporting illegal immigration and thereby you are hated as well.
OK i think i got the picture.. Thanks.

Last edited by jambo101; 06-27-2014 at 02:25 AM..

Old 06-27-2014, 02:45 AM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Coming to this particular section of the forum after my curiosity was aroused by some of the topic titles i thought i'd drop in and find out what its all about as its not something that is fully understood or talked about up in Canada.
First up my Canadian citizenship is under scrutiny along with the attitude that this issue is none of my business, I persist in debate but get little more than personal opinion on the hoardes of aliens crossing the border every day, anywhere from 10 to 50 million illegals taking over towns taking American jobs whole companies staffed by illegals and evidently theres nothing any one can do about it because the government loves illegal immigrants. Right so far?
Then theres the illegals themselves.. How some one can tell an illegal is an illegal was never fully explained i get the impression that basically any one who looks like a Latino is automatically viewed as an illegal parasite a lazy bum out to destroy America and to be immediately be hated.
Questioning any part of this issue immediately puts you in a group that is viewed as evidently supporting illegal immigration and thereby you are hated as well.
OK i think i got the picture.. Thanks.
Ummm...The vast majority of illegal aliens are Latino. That said, I'm half Latina so I don't go around assuming that anyone who looks Latino just has to be an illegal alien.

In the past ICE has deported illegals back to 189 different countries. 189 different countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity.

If you knew anything about this illegal alien invasion, you would know the following: 1) As mentioned already, the vast majority are from Mexico, Central and South America. 2) Of that group, the vast majority is functionally illiterate. With that in mind, I think that even you can put 2 and 2 together---When a community gets a huge influx of such people who then create flophouses, refuse to learn English, have children that they can't support, then send said children to school not knowing a word of English plus the Spanish they do know is atrocious---let's just say this --- odds are excellent that we're talking about illegal aliens.

What more info do you need? I'm beginning to think that you are only coming into these threads to stir up things.

Old 06-27-2014, 03:09 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
Once again, this forum makes me sad. I realize some of you prefer ranting to discussing and treat opinions as facts, but that's not how it works, or at least that's not how it's supposed to work. I'm also saddened by the level of aggression some of you show towards those they disagree with, instantly putting labels on them and getting personal.
Opinions, as that's all most of you have, are like you know what - we all have one and they all stink, in general.
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or