U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 01:40 PM

1,020 posts, read 559,179 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Bilingual education only goes to 5th grade though.
What about all these illegal minors that will be in MS and HS not speaking any English ?
Then it's time for us to learn their languages. Just wait - that will be a new requirement. The argument will be that Spanish is a much easier language than English.

When my family lived in Germany because Dad was on sabbatical leave, my parents put us in German schools. We learned to speak German within a matter of months. In fact, my five-year-old brother became so fluent that English became his second language! And German is not easy. But then, my parents drilled into our heads that we were GUESTS and should behave accordingly and respect our host country's culture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 04:19 PM

31,947 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Then it's time for us to learn their languages. Just wait - that will be a new requirement. The argument will be that Spanish is a much easier language than English.

When my family lived in Germany because Dad was on sabbatical leave, my parents put us in German schools. We learned to speak German within a matter of months. In fact, my five-year-old brother became so fluent that English became his second language! And German is not easy. But then, my parents drilled into our heads that we were GUESTS and should behave accordingly and respect our host country's culture.
From what I have read some schools are making learning Spanish mandatory.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:14 AM

10,913 posts, read 5,146,388 times
Another town in California is trying stop the importation of these illegal aliens that are crossing into Texas.

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
MURRIETA, Calif. -- A California mayor urged residents on Monday to fight a plan to fly migrant families from Texas for processing at a border patrol facility in his city as police start a hotline and prepare to field questions about the transfers.

NIMBY

Old 07-01-2014, 08:21 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,359,398 times
ALL of the US should be "NIMBY" to illegal aliens.

Old 07-01-2014, 08:36 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,173,862 times
And the Fed says none of them have criminal records.
If they have no ID then how is the Fed checking their records ?
If you were a criminal would you give your correct name to them ?

These mayors aren't dumb. The Feds will ship them there, process them, hold them for a while and then give them "permisos" and release them into the community.

"Report to ICE in 15 days" is what these permisos are.
And the Border Patrol union guy (who can talk to the press) said 95% of them never show up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration