Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 09:30 AM

183 posts, read 192,825 times

Advertisements

This is from a story on NBC News about the CA State Senator Ricardo Lara....

"Among the legislation sponsored by CA State Senator Ricardo Lara is the Health For All Act, SB1005, to allow undocumented Californians who don't have access to health insurance to be able to pay an affordable price in an exchange that mirrors the "Covered California" health exchange under Obamacare."

The article also mentions that "Californians voted in favor of Proposition 187, aimed directly at prohibiting state services such as education and healthcare for immigrants who were not in the country legally. The California Supreme court found the legislation unconstitutional and the law was never implemented."

Question - Does our constitution provide for illegal aliens to get the same benefits as US citizens ?

State Sen. Ricardo Lara's Bet On His Community Pays Off - NBC News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 09:45 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Actually they are getting better treatment.

All shots, medical checkup/care and full dental care.
All before they are even moved.

And several sympathetic states have gone over and above and use their own money to let illegals into the system.

Old 06-22-2014, 10:12 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
They have GREAT healthcare.

When I married my X husband I had a direct care job at a group home.....we had a BC/BS policy that did not pay for office calls or, meds......it was a major medical policy.

My husband (an illegal alien ) had GREAT healthcare......100% of his medical was paid.

Don't get me wrong.....I was glad for him.....and that is how we found out he did have TB.....but, now that I am older I see how wrong that was.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:35 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
This is from a story on NBC News about the CA State Senator Ricardo Lara....

"Among the legislation sponsored by CA State Senator Ricardo Lara is the Health For All Act, SB1005, to allow undocumented Californians who don't have access to health insurance to be able to pay an affordable price in an exchange that mirrors the "Covered California" health exchange under Obamacare."

The article also mentions that "Californians voted in favor of Proposition 187, aimed directly at prohibiting state services such as education and healthcare for immigrants who were not in the country legally. The California Supreme court found the legislation unconstitutional and the law was never implemented."

Question - Does our constitution provide for illegal aliens to get the same benefits as US citizens ?

State Sen. Ricardo Lara's Bet On His Community Pays Off - NBC News
Undocumented Californians?

Old 06-22-2014, 12:40 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,823,278 times
So I guess than means Californians are not done moving here?

Old 06-22-2014, 01:36 PM

299 posts, read 545,230 times
I am all for helping the Mexicans - not counting their criminals. Those people are wanting to live the same life that we have-- work, have a house, raise children. But there are way too many of them, not enough jobs for all of them, etc. To live here I think it should be MANDATORY that each has a friend or relative that takes legal custody/ responsibility financially and other wise for them.

I think it is time for the military to police our streets and stop anyone that looks like a foreigner. I have no problem carrying my proof of birth, citizenship if that's that it takes to get rid of all illegals. The Bible says to be kind to visitors in our country - not to let them bring us down, steal, kill Americans. Some years ago I read that the Mexicans feel we cheated them on what we paid for California, Arizona, and New Mexico and they plan to take back those states. The Mexicans are doing to us what our ancestors did to the Native Americans, only the Native Americans did not give them housing and all other necessities of life.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:48 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity1944 View Post
I am all for helping the Mexicans - not counting their criminals. Those people are wanting to live the same life that we have-- work, have a house, raise children. But there are way too many of them, not enough jobs for all of them, etc. To live here I think it should be MANDATORY that each has a friend or relative that takes legal custody/ responsibility financially and other wise for them.

I think it is time for the military to police our streets and stop anyone that looks like a foreigner. I have no problem carrying my proof of birth, citizenship if that's that it takes to get rid of all illegals. The Bible says to be kind to visitors in our country - not to let them bring us down, steal, kill Americans. Some years ago I read that the Mexicans feel we cheated them on what we paid for California, Arizona, and New Mexico and they plan to take back those states. The Mexicans are doing to us what our ancestors did to the Native Americans, only the Native Americans did not give them housing and all other necessities of life.
You must be kidding. What does a foreigner look like? We have citizens in this country of all ethnic groups/races and skin colors. No one is required to carry their birth certificate on them. It does make sense however to carry a valid ID such as a driver's license in case of an accident.

It doesn't matter what some disgruntled Mexicans think about the past. It's a done deal and they weren't even alive back then. They can't take back what they no longer own. Funny how it isn't the Mexican government taking up this supposed cheated deal with our government, isn't it?

The Mexican's Spanish ancestors were just as guilty of anything done to the so-called natives of this country/continent. So you were sayin? All of our ancestors including the so-called native Americans migrated here from somewhere else.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:37 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity1944 View Post

What ? They have no skills, no money, little to any education and big families.
They are coming because our welfare benefits alone will make them feel like they are living high off the hog compared to where they came from.

These are not college educated people will skills here.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:50 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What ? They have no skills, no money, little to any education and big families.
They are coming because our welfare benefits alone will make them feel like they are living high off the hog compared to where they came from.

These are not college educated people will skills here.
Bravo! Thanks wasn't enough! Many are illiterate in their own languages. Plain and simple: There are not enough jobs to go around for American citizens. The majority of educated immigrants who come here are on H1-b visas or become green card holders or U.S. citizens and give rather than take.

If it's so doggone great here in the U.S. that thousands cross the border every day, maybe they ought to take that energy to improve their own countries instead of running ours down. Use us as an example, not as a free ride.

Old 06-22-2014, 03:27 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
Bravo! Thanks wasn't enough! Many are illiterate in their own languages. Plain and simple: There are not enough jobs to go around for American citizens. The majority of educated immigrants who come here are on H1-b visas or become green card holders or U.S. citizens and give rather than take.

If it's so doggone great here in the U.S. that thousands cross the border every day, maybe they ought to take that energy to improve their own countries instead of running ours down. Use us as an example, not as a free ride.
Honduras was doing a little better.....then Obama meddled in their election a few years back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration