Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 01:27 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,832,514 times

Advertisements

I am not going to try and turn this into a national political debate about Obama.....but the crisis at the border is one of the most insane things I've ever seen. The federal gov't has put thousands of illegal immigrants on planes and buses to Texas, Arizona, Minnesota, etc while they 'await hearings.' The governors of Texas and Arizona have come out about potentially suing the federal gov't. There are 65,000 in federal holding at the border now, with thousands arriving everyday from the poorest and least educated countries in Latin America. Central America is openly advertising for people to flee to the US, and if they reach the border, the US will accept them.

I haven't seen anything about shipping any to NYC but could certainly see it happening. ABC had some news program on this morning that we should be accepting all of these illegals. Absolutely insane. Some assemblyman from Brooklyn about granting them all asylum. Insane. Any thoughts on this? I've never been politically active, but feel strongly against this and want to do whatever I can to make sure my political leaders know this is NOT OK. Any advice on how to go about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2014, 01:39 PM

15,580 posts, read 15,650,878 times
No idea why you'd be imagining this. Why would anyone want to ship them to one of the most expensive areas in the country? However, if you want to contact your elected representatives, surely you know how to look them up.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:40 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,911,437 times
I'm 100% against this, obviously. We already have a lot of problems and we need to work on solving them first instead of creating more. When too many people come here they also bring their problems with them. This is one of the many reasons why I'll never move to the Southwest.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:57 PM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I am not going to try and turn this into a national political debate about Obama.....but the crisis at the border is one of the most insane things I've ever seen. The federal gov't has put thousands of illegal immigrants on planes and buses to Texas, Arizona, Minnesota, etc while they 'await hearings.' The governors of Texas and Arizona have come out about potentially suing the federal gov't. There are 65,000 in federal holding at the border now, with thousands arriving everyday from the poorest and least educated countries in Latin America. Central America is openly advertising for people to flee to the US, and if they reach the border, the US will accept them.

I haven't seen anything about shipping any to NYC but could certainly see it happening. ABC had some news program on this morning that we should be accepting all of these illegals. Absolutely insane. Some assemblyman from Brooklyn about granting them all asylum. Insane. Any thoughts on this? I've never been politically active, but feel strongly against this and want to do whatever I can to make sure my political leaders know this is NOT OK. Any advice on how to go about this?
First off I don't get how minors as young as 4 years old would know how to flee their country from supposed violence. Where are their parents? Why didn't they flee with them? If their parents are already here then why did they desert them in the first place if they were in danger of violence in their homeland? This is just another attempt at creating sympathy and sob stories so Americans will buy into amnesty for those already here illegally and this newest tsunami of minor kids.

I think a full investigation of how this all came about is warranted. In no way should these kids be granted asylum unless it can be fully proven that their lives were in danger. And the questions above answered as well.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
They are being dispersed to cities all over the US.
And the mayors and governors are NOT being told by the Fed.

Just wait until these 50,000+ "minors" all get signed up for school in 2 months.

Old 06-22-2014, 02:37 PM

1,059 posts, read 830,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post

I wish I knew. Unfortunately, here in California our political leaders are the ones with the welcome mats out. It will continue until we're at the breaking point, then what? Higher taxes? Our prisons are so overcrowded that prisoners are being released into county jails or set free. We rank 47th in our educational system. Very expensive to live in most of California, yet they keep on coming because to follow our immigration laws (already in place) would mean we are "racists," you know, the tired old saw. In the meantime, we are turning into a laughing stock and third world country.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:11 PM

50,242 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are being dispersed to cities all over the US.
And the mayors and governors are NOT being told by the Fed.

Just wait until these 50,000+ "minors" all get signed up for school in 2 months.
To keep in the theme of things it's a lot more than 50K. Just like the number of illegals reported overall. They can only count the number they actually intercept.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
As if CA didn't have enough illegals.
2 flights (300 total) every 3 days for "they don't know how long" .....

US to fly migrants to California amid Texas crush - Taiwan News Online
There will be two flights Monday with 140 passengers each, Paul Beeson, chief of the Border Patrol's San Diego Sector, said Saturday.

The two flights were expected to continue every three days, Beeson told The Associated Press, but it's unclear for how long. They will be mostly for families with young children but also carry adults. There will be no unaccompanied children.

Old 06-22-2014, 06:46 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,230,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
No idea why you'd be imagining this. Why would anyone want to ship them to one of the most expensive areas in the country? However, if you want to contact your elected representatives, surely you know how to look them up.
Why not? Liberals love the thought of amnesty to all...so give it to them. As long as its in their backyard first.

Old 06-22-2014, 07:13 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,869,481 times
How in the world can this NOT be a debate about Obama and his FAILED policies?

What in hell do you think caused this ????

If you choose to put your head in the sand why even post about this???

It's like ignoring the cause, by ignoring the cause there is no solution, what a ridiculous statement !

Unless they plan to deport these leaches by all means send them to New York and DC so they can see what we in the border states have to go through.

Let the Democrat Liberals deal with this BS, after all it's WHO and WHAT they voted for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration