Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 09:44 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

TRANSLATED FROM:

http://www.univision.com/contentroot/wirefeeds/inmi/7359080.html;jsessionid=AATF0YRSIL5UOCWIAA4SFEYKZA ADWIWC (broken link)

Mexico, 15 dic (EFE).- The undocumented Mexican immigrant Elvira Arellano, who was deported to Mexico this year, affirmed today to Efe that she would return again to United States if she does not find in this country a stable job.

"I do not regret what I lived (in the United States), but up till now I am trying to redo my life in Mexico and I expect that all will turn out well and that I won't have to pass more difficult economic situations that will force me to do the same thing", the activist said.

"Until now I expect to remain here, but further on, I don't now", Arellano said in an interview with Efe.

Arellano, that said that she is adapting to live in a spot in her parents' house, in the town of Maravatío, of the state of Michoacán, so that she can live with her son, nevertheless, Saúl has had a hard time adapting to this new way of life.

"The way to live in Mexico is very different to that of United States, ever there although on lives modestly and has the necessary things", she affirmed.

She explained that in Maravatio her son bathes with a cup in a tub and "at times he is depressed and he feels sad, therefore he feels he is being punished because here he does not have some things like a sofa he had since he was a small child, and a small television".

"Saulito continues being part of a very important fight, he knows that it hasn't ended with the deportation of his mother, and neither with the fact that they have sent him as an American citizen to a country that is not his", the activist said.

The activist regretted that the Government of Mexico have not given her till this day, an answer on her petition to obtain a diplomatic visa to return to United States with the intention to give her testimony of what occurred, but also in solidarity of other people that suffer just like she has, who are separated from their family, and are treated like criminals or terrorists.

"It is important not to forget the situation regarding the way they are being attacked (the undocumented) with all that hatred and racism, and the most important is that our Government can make an important decision to defend those attacks", she stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 09:57 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
She's a thug that belongs in jail. She says she plans to return to the US in one breath then says the "undocumented" are treated with hatred and racism and are treated like criminals or terrorists.

If this place is so bad she should simply stay in her own country. I can't believe she is requesting a diplomatic passport from Mexico.

This woman thinks she's a legend in her own mind.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:58 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times
She's getting wayyyy too much attention. And thats word.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:06 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Hawkeye48 wrote:
Quote:
This woman thinks she's a legend in her own mind.
That she is.

ProLogic wrote:
Quote:
She's getting wayyyy too much attention. And thats word.
As far as she's concerned, in Mexico she's not getting enough.

I say:
Blah Blah Blah Blah Blah!

Old 12-17-2007, 12:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Maybe she ought to demand the Mexican government provide her food stamps, WIC, housing subsidies and all the other reasons she wants to be in the USA.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:41 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,435,824 times
I told you that Elvira arellano is quickly loosing support and attention in Mexico, people see through her and know their real intentions, she's giving an awful example to her son btw

Old 12-17-2007, 01:11 AM

7,731 posts, read 13,427,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
She's a thug that belongs in jail. She says she plans to return to the US in one breath then says the "undocumented" are treated with hatred and racism and are treated like criminals or terrorists.
Illegally entering the country is breaking the law which makes her a criminal.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:48 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Unless Jorge (with all due respect to those decent individuals also named that) Bush commutes Arellano.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:11 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,147,531 times
Illegally entering the country after being deported is a FELONY. If she comes back, maybe a stint in prison would wake her up to her arrogance. I think she's disgusting.

Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Good Grief . . . this ARROGANT $ITCH is more obnoxious than Cindy Sheehan!

Another perfect example proving most Illegls feel the authorities in the United States are NOT serious. A Military Presence with a SHOOT TO KILL POLICY would eliminate that cavalier attitude in short order.

If Elvira does make it back to Chicago . . . the entire Gaggle of Goons involved with aiding and abetting her should be arrested and that fake church needs to lose its tax exempt status immediately.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration