Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 03:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,066,074 times

Advertisements

Let the pro illegals keep trolling; it simply proves they are losing the war against those of us (including this Liberal) who are anti illegal immigrant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 PM

902 posts, read 714,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Ah, yes,

great day, if one doesn't hew to the dogma of the narrative, well then, as great day will tell you, that person is a troll, a leftist, an illegal lover, he's treasonous, he's not a true American, he's for open borders, ...what else?

Nowhere can you quote anything I've said that supports any of those labels.

But that doesn't matter to great day, he can make those assumptions because that's all he's capable of comprehending.

Ask him if there might be something more that he might consider and he's off to the races, ....nope, not going to think, not going to pay no mind to anything but the proscribed narrative, ......he's just going to react on auto-pilot, and attempt to discredit, any way he can dream up, whoever brought up the idea that one might think of some alternate concerns.......

Keep on thinking you're addressing a solution, great day.

In a few more years, when nothing has changed, you can say you fought the good fight.

You can say you tried to assign blame somewhere, ....you tried to identify your 'enemy'.

.....trouble is, if you don't figure out where you should place the blame, you'll end up repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.

Have an adequate day.......
ppfffffft!!!!

Old 12-17-2007, 06:33 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,941,324 times
First off, your thread title is unnecessary second off, this has nothing to do with Immigration.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:07 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,202,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
First off, your thread title is unnecessary second off, this has nothing to do with Immigration.
Who, exactly, are you talking to PL?

Old 12-17-2007, 07:11 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,086,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Yes, I understand the powers that be have been baiting us for probably thousands of years. My main point however is the point that European companies love our low cost South in which to outsource jobs, instead of Mexico because the cost of labor is not much different and on top of that there is a labor shortage in the Northern Mexico border region. This is my gripe, because of those that say there is no opportunity in Mexico for Mexicans and you can add central americans to that as well because they could take those jobs in Northern Mexico that surredly pay much more than what any employment they can attain in Guatemala etc.
40% + of Mexico has come illegally to America, so no surprise that N. Mexico has a labor shortage.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You know, the troll keeps "blaming" ... "this administration" for every ill conceivable in this country - gee, you might think he is a neo-leftist or something!

Truth is, true Americans, true THINKING and LOYAL Americans, of all political persuasions, oppose ILLEGAL immigration - they understand the adverse consequences, culturally, financially and politically to our way of life.

I have seen numbers in excess of 80% of these TRUE Americans want illegal immigration addressed - not talked about - dealt with. They also understand that there may not be one solution that will satisfy everyone - that is pretty much a given.

But one common denominator that keeps coming up is, the ABSOLUTE need to secure our borders - BORDERSSSSSS - North and South

Might this take a change in our military's role? Maybe. Or, might it mean changing the mission of say, the Coast Guard? Maybe. Frankly, I don't know. But, secure the borders we must.

'Course, the Pro-Illegal’s, like the troll, will argue differently. But, people like the troll are very much in the minority here - and that is a good thing
Yes, and we citizens are in the majority.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Ah, yes,

great day, if one doesn't hew to the dogma of the narrative, well then, as great day will tell you, that person is a troll, a leftist, an illegal lover, he's treasonous, he's not a true American, he's for open borders, ...what else?

Nowhere can you quote anything I've said that supports any of those labels.

But that doesn't matter to great day, he can make those assumptions because that's all he's capable of comprehending.

Ask him if there might be something more that he might consider and he's off to the races, ....nope, not going to think, not going to pay no mind to anything but the proscribed narrative, ......he's just going to react on auto-pilot, and attempt to discredit, any way he can dream up, whoever brought up the idea that one might think of some alternate concerns.......

Keep on thinking you're addressing a solution, great day.

In a few more years, when nothing has changed, you can say you fought the good fight.

You can say you tried to assign blame somewhere, ....you tried to identify your 'enemy'.

.....trouble is, if you don't figure out where you should place the blame, you'll end up repeating the same mistakes over and over and over.

Have an adequate day.......
You are so wrong. Everything GreatDay said I've also found true, and in those few years you speak of you'll hear a lot has changed.

Old 12-17-2007, 07:55 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,291,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Ah yes, the old "wedge issue" canard.

Seeing that about three-quarters of the population opposes illegal immigration, it would be the pro-illegal side that is driving the wedge.
I'm neither a Democrat nor a Republican. In fact, they both sicken me with their corruption. If 3/4 of Americans are against illegal immigration...and I would guess it's more like 90%....why has nothing been done about it? Neither Bush nor Clinton did a thing. Guess their buddies are making too much money for them to take this problem seriously. We gave away our rights with the 'Patriot Act' yet our borders remain WIDE OPEN. Hmmm...thinking yet folks???

Old 12-17-2007, 10:02 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,941,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Who, exactly, are you talking to PL?

Hmm.. I mentioned thread title. Surely I was talking to you because you created the thread title right? The OP of course!

Old 12-18-2007, 02:40 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,043,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
ppfffffft!!!!
When my cat makes noises like that, we shove a little vaseline down it's throat, ...the hairball that's stuck in there comes right out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration