Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 04:13 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,433,543 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
40% + of Mexico has come illegally to America, so no surprise that N. Mexico has a labor shortage.
Mexico has a population of 103 263 388 inhabitants according to the last census

Mexico is amongst the most populated countries in the world after:

China, India, United States of America, Indonesia, Brasil, Pakistán, Russia, Bangladesh, Nigeria and Japan.
  • The states with the highest number of Inhabitants are the State of Mexico (14 007 495), Federal District (8 720 916) and Veracruz (7 110 214).
  • The least populated are Baja California Sur (512 170), Colima (567 996) and Campeche (754 730).
If 40% of the population of Mexico were in the USA you'd be speaking of

413 053 355.2 citizens

Actually only 9% of the population immigrates illegally
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 05:56 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,507,869 times
Rational thinking people (those that believe in law and order). Do not waste your time talking to the irrationals. It's like beating your head against a wall or talking to the floor. Besides, the majority of this country do want law and order. Ignore the minority of whinners and spend your time and energy contacting your representatives in Washington to demand change.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:20 PM

10 posts, read 16,651 times
Maybe VW can hire some of Pelosi's grape-pickers...

Old 12-18-2007, 12:22 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,442 times
Quote:
iginally Posted by faith10 40% + of Mexico has come illegally to America, so no surprise that N. Mexico has a labor shortage.

Where are your facts to support this claim?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:30 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,745,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Where are your facts to support this claim?
[/i]
How much do you want to bet they don't have facts to back it up.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:48 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
How much do you want to bet they don't have facts to back it up.
I don't bet over the internet . But I would bet a lot face to face.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:56 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,522,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
It's another card game?
Another? What is the current card game? Oh boy...oh boy...I hope it's spades! (I love spades!!!!!)

Quote:
....and who is driving the wedge?
You are. By attempting to divide current popular opinion. Check that...

You are. By attempting to divide virtually unanimous opinion.

Quote:
The point is that it's not a game of who's more popular or who is on which 'side' of some imagined argument or game.

Why focus the majority of your attention on playing a game or arguing some position that you're on some higher road than another.

By and large, where you're directing your energy isn't where the decisions are made.

Rather than ignore the conditions which encourage illegal immigration,

...rather than play games consisting of nothing much more than bickering amongst those who aren't making any decisions about those conditions,

why not direct that attention on who is making policy?

You can posture and postulate, ....but to what end?

You won't change anything until the policy makers are held to account.

It's not your neighbor who is making policy and it's not your neighbor who is making a profit off of illegal immigration.

Bartender. I'll have what he's having.

Old 12-18-2007, 02:30 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,145,727 times
Prologic I know I posted it somewhere but I believe but a recent study showed half of all hispanics in Texas were here illegally. So that's an even higher percentage.

Old 12-18-2007, 03:20 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,136,874 times
Well it's nice to wave the flag and be good 'mericans n' all, but it doesn't change anything and it's the exact distraction that the true pro-illegal group wants.. total distraction

And oh yeah that pro-illegal group is the business community who profits from illegals.

This is the source of the problem and the reason why the situation won't change.

You can't build a ridiculous fence large enough to stop companies from employing illegals, because building a wall doesn't have anything to do with what a company does.

But it makes simpled minded folk feel safer. Nobody wants to address to the true dark, ugly side to this.

And again business likes that America is all worked up against Mexicans, just don't bother the businesses.

Now let's all go to Wal Mart....

Old 12-18-2007, 03:27 PM

2,370 posts, read 7,757,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeP View Post
Well it's nice to wave the flag and be good 'mericans n' all, but it doesn't change anything and it's the exact distraction that the true pro-illegal group wants.. total distraction

And oh yeah that pro-illegal group is the business community who profits from illegals.

This is the source of the problem and the reason why the situation won't change.

You can't build a ridiculous fence large enough to stop companies from employing illegals, because building a wall doesn't have anything to do with what a company does.

But it makes simpled minded folk feel safer. Nobody wants to address to the true dark, ugly side to this.

And again business likes that America is all worked up against Mexicans, just don't bother the businesses.

Now let's all go to Wal Mart....
What does Wal-Mart have to do with any of it??? I was just told the other day by my friendly neighborhood anti-Wal-Mart commercial that most of their goods come from China so I shouldn't shop there because the Chinese are poisoning us. If you want to talk about businesses that benefit from illegal labor here in the US, lets talk about: Tyson, Perdue, Con-Agra, et. al. Wal-Mart just benefits from sweat shops in Asia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration