U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:23 PM

1,252 posts, read 730,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormcrow73 View Post
What does Wal-Mart have to do with any of it?

Wal-Mart just benefits from sweat shops in Asia.
The last time the feds swept WalMart nationwide, they found 61 stores in 21 states had illegal workers.

States where arrests occurred were Alabama, Arkansas, Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Kentucky, Massachusetts, Maryland, Michigan, North Carolina, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia and West Virginia.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 06:49 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,985,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
The point still stands, it's this administration that's elevated to a high art the co-mingled thievery with the propagandized distraction, ......and it's this current lot of the public who act as if that's just fine.

They go out and march in the streets about overblown wedge issues, they picket abortion clinics, etc, they're more than ready to blame whatever scapegoat is produced, ....but do they do anything about being led down the garden path by those who are leading them down that path?

Nope, ....too busy with the 'crisis' dejour......

Why do you think the administration builds up the wedge issues?

They know the wedge issues will take attention away from them.

They have never paid any but lip service to any of the wedge issues, they don't pay them any mind other than to use them to keep the angry mobs at arms length.

They figure if you're fighting among yourselves, .....you won't have anything left to go after them.

And they are right..... It works perfectly.

If I understand you correctly User 2, I agree with a lot of what you are saying here. The bottom line, the politicians are a bunch of corrupt, greedy, back stabbing SOBs that need to be put in their place, and that includes "Dubya."

I think they distract us daily from the real problems such as Illegal Immigration, spending, tax reform, and other issues for their own monetary and political gain.

Old 12-18-2007, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post

I think they distract us daily.....
It has a lot of the same characteristics of the national media's feeding everyone 'celebrity' gossip while they ignore giving any airtime to more relevant issues.

Keep the rabble distracted, and they can go about their business, without fear of calling any attention to what that business really is.

It's a textbook classic case, .....but how many people refuse to believe they're being played?

Way too many........

Old 12-18-2007, 07:00 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Quote:
If I understand you correctly User 2, I agree with a lot of what you are saying here. The bottom line, the politicians are a bunch of corrupt, greedy, back stabbing SOBs that need to be put in their place, and that includes "Dubya."

I think they distract us daily from the real problems such as Illegal Immigration, spending, tax reform, and other issues for their own monetary and political gain.
In Bush's case; last time that I read, the man's approval rating is hovering around 25%------that is pretty damn low.

I still maintain that the main reason that Cheney was kept on for Vice Presiident in 2004 was if a popular person like, say Colin Powell were chosen-------Bush would have been impeached 'yesterday'.

Old 12-18-2007, 07:27 PM

25% .....

...whoa, that's maybe only a point or two from Worst President ever territory.....

Old 12-18-2007, 07:35 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,952,069 times
Quote:
25% .....

...whoa, that's maybe only a point or two from Worst President ever territory.....
User I agree with you. The corrupt politicians will do anything and everything to escape the job of actually acomplishing anything of value. They can talk a blue streak but at the end of the day achieve nothing.. Well they eat pretty good, get great health insurance all on the tax payer dime. They did achieve That atleast....
25% and thats about 12% higher than congress approval rating. What a sad state of affairs. Professional politicians who can't seem to come to a consensus on anything. Me thinks the whole bunch should be fired.

Old 12-18-2007, 09:46 PM

1,164 posts, read 3,268,053 times
Well to any who are confused (illegal alien slave trading hustlers), this thread basically is addressing the claim that the U.S. needs illegals and that they aren't needed in their home countries, as a matter of fact they are starving in their own countries.I am saying in this post that all the bleeding heart arguments on the issue are B.S., and this is what some pro-amensty folks are trying to use to justify their case. Mexico is NOT that poor, the U.S. doesn't need people as bad as they say. The United States has the highest birthrate in the developed world, we have the largest number of LEGAL IMMIGRANTS coming in, than any other nation on the planet. We are wealthy enough to pay our own people a fair working wage which is what this country stands for in the first place. The corporatists do not believe in national borders anymore and are doing everything in their powers to dissolve them, and they are again using special/human interests groups to front for them as "Morality hustlers". So these groups helping them are either naive to the point of rediculous, or they need some $$$$$ and feel that they gotta do what they gotta do to get it. It's shameful, honestly...

Old 12-18-2007, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
this thread basically is addressing the claim that the U.S. needs illegals and that they aren't needed in their home countries
It is?

I haven't seen anyone say that in this thread?

Where is that stated?

Did you reply to the wrong thread?

Old 12-19-2007, 06:25 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,985,955 times
Quote:
25% .....

Yep. Yet he insists on continuing down the same path. He has an agenda and doesn't care what he does to the office of the President. I thing Dubya is a supreme idiot.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:11 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,704,952 times
Quote:
Yep. Yet he insists on continuing down the same path. He has an agenda and doesn't care what he does to the office of the President. I thing Dubya is a supreme idiot.
And the saddest part is Bush 43 has a cabal of enablers surrounding him as well.

People may have slammed Slick Willy for many things; but, that man seemed to have the knack for true leadership--------read that he was able to attract/retain capable people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or