U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 02:25 PM

1,268 posts, read 817,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Sassyone, do realize how much of an insult to your own country you make yourself sound like?

I think that your caged into a small communion, and the only Illegals that you have encountered are the ones in that small proximity. The ones that you yourself have hired to do your yard work, house and garden repairs, auto repairs and any other Miscellaneous work you have for them to do.
These are the nice hard working illegals that you refer to. So you assume that all 15-20 million are exactly the same.
You need a Reality check.
Of course they're not all the same. That's silly to assume. Just like it's silly to assume all Parisians are rude or that all Americans are fat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2008, 02:26 PM

3,074 posts, read 3,336,186 times
Three young painters came to my husband asking how to start their own business. They had been painters for a competitor of ours for 8, 9 and 15 years. Their employer decided to let them sit on the couch while he brought in illegal aliens to take their jobs. His customers have called and called him complaining about the horrible quality of work, the fact that they can't speak English, but he refuses to stop working the illegals because he is making a bundle selling out his own customers and employees. His customers have called those three young painters and asked them to start their own business because they want to fire their employer and hire them to take his place because they have built up a relationship with the customers, something the illegals cannot and will not do. We have worked on jobs with them--we know.

We will never hire illegals period end of story, even if it means losing a dollar. There is no "hate" or any ridiculous notion such as that--we just will not do that to our fellow Americans. And the people who say they can't get an American to do the job are full of it. What they mean is they can't get an American to do the job for below poverty wages. And regarding the comment about restaurant dishwashers jobs being taken over by illegals--I've worked in restaurants and there are plenty of Americans to fill those jobs. Openings for dishwashers brought many, many applications from young Americans. Even a national carnival whose home is here in our city gets Americans to fill the carnie jobs by advertising. There is no part of "illegal" that is okay, or just a little bit "illegal" is okay.

I will fight against amnesty and the presence of ILLEGAL aliens who are choosing to not become American citizens for as long as I can because I am an American and will not sell out my fellow Americans. I realize my own government may not take the same view, and I may lose, and that many disagree with me, but at this point in my life, I can still control certain things, and I will continue to do so as long as I can, and vote accordingly. I believe that quality still matters to Americans, and the future of our children still matters to Americans. It may not matter to some, but it sure does to me.

If people and our government persist in pressing for amnesty, then I think a vote should be taken among the American people. All those who want amnesty should cast their ballot with their name, address, Social Security numbers, and those of their children as well. Then the government can yearly send those families invoices, to be collected by the IRS, for their pro rata share to support the illegals' medical care, food, shelter, and those of their children since they won't pay for themselves since they refuse to become citizens. These invoices would have to come for the rest of those pro-amnesty families' lives and the lives of their children because their families will certainly be saddled with that expense forever since the illegals, again, refuse to become American citizens.

Of course, that idea is about as ridiculous as carte blanche amnesty itself.

Old 04-19-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
Three young painters came to my husband asking how to start their own business. They had been painters for a competitor of ours for 8, 9 and 15 years. Their employer decided to let them sit on the couch while he brought in illegal aliens to take their jobs. His customers have called and called him complaining about the horrible quality of work, the fact that they can't speak English, but he refuses to stop working the illegals because he is making a bundle selling out his own customers and employees. His customers have called those three young painters and asked them to start their own business because they want to fire their employer and hire them to take his place because they have built up a relationship with the customers, something the illegals cannot and will not do. We have worked on jobs with them--we know.

We will never hire illegals period end of story, even if it means losing a dollar. There is no "hate" or any ridiculous notion such as that--we just will not do that to our fellow Americans. And the people who say they can't get an American to do the job are full of it. What they mean is they can't get an American to do the job for below poverty wages. And regarding the comment about restaurant dishwashers jobs being taken over by illegals--I've worked in restaurants and there are plenty of Americans to fill those jobs. Openings for dishwashers brought many, many applications from young Americans. Even a national carnival whose home is here in our city gets Americans to fill the carnie jobs by advertising. There is no part of "illegal" that is okay, or just a little bit "illegal" is okay.

I will fight against amnesty and the presence of ILLEGAL aliens who are choosing to not become American citizens for as long as I can because I am an American and will not sell out my fellow Americans. I realize my own government may not take the same view, and I may lose, and that many disagree with me, but at this point in my life, I can still control certain things, and I will continue to do so as long as I can, and vote accordingly. I believe that quality still matters to Americans, and the future of our children still matters to Americans. It may not matter to some, but it sure does to me.

If people and our government persist in pressing for amnesty, then I think a vote should be taken among the American people. All those who want amnesty should cast their ballot with their name, address, Social Security numbers, and those of their children as well. Then the government can yearly send those families invoices, to be collected by the IRS, for their pro rata share to support the illegals' medical care, food, shelter, and those of their children since they won't pay for themselves since they refuse to become citizens. These invoices would have to come for the rest of those pro-amnesty families' lives and the lives of their children because their families will certainly be saddled with that expense forever since the illegals, again, refuse to become American citizens.

Of course, that idea is about as ridiculous as carte blanche amnesty itself.
I don't know.. most of the illegal work I've seen they do a pretty damn good job. Of course I know they're illegal because they are companies that are renowned for hiring illegals. They do the housing developments near the armpit, they built an aunts house of mine and their only complaint was the cracked stucco.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:03 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
So you're backstepping in other words. You don't really think it's funny/okay that American blue collar workers actually lose their jobs to illegals. That's great news. Thanks for clarifying.
I do not for one minute believe they are losing their jobs to illegals period!

Old 04-19-2008, 03:10 PM

1,818 posts, read 2,734,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Sassyone, do realize how much of an insult to your own country you make yourself sound like?

I think that your caged into a small communion, and the only Illegals that you have encountered are the ones in that small proximity. The ones that you yourself have hired to do your yard work, house and garden repairs, auto repairs and any other Miscellaneous work you have for them to do.
These are the nice hard working illegals that you refer to. So you assume that all 15-20 million are exactly the same.
You need a Reality check.
I have never...repeat never hired an Illegal or a legal for that matter. I don't think you have a clue to my life so don't be too quick to fabricate for your own satisfaction.
As for our country and the way they have handled numerous situations,
I cannot at this point in time say I'm proud to be an American.

Old 04-19-2008, 03:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,203,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I have never...repeat never hired an Illegal or a legal for that matter. I don't think you have a clue to my life so don't be too quick to fabricate for your own satisfaction.
As for our country and the way they have handled numerous situations,
Quote:
So above is your hypocritic oath ?.

I'm doing the same as you do in most of your comments,,,,,,,,assuming.

Quote:
You have said that many times. Maybe not in so many words, but beleive me,,,, you have made it clear to all.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:27 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,946,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I do not for one minute believe they are losing their jobs to illegals period!

just what kind of po-dunk town do you live in?, that you NEVER see american workers lose jobs to illegals? i REALLY would like to know. it is definitely not typical of most places in so cal.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
just what kind of po-dunk town do you live in?, that you NEVER see american workers lose jobs to illegals? i REALLY would like to know. it is definitely not typical of most places in so cal.
I don't "see" that either. I hear it on the news-- correction, the news on this forum.

Old 04-20-2008, 08:22 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,016,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
well until last November there were lots of Oklahomans not getting jobs in the service industry, housing construction industry and lawn service industry because of the illegals.
Mow I can go into a Cracker barrell, watch a house being built, and watch the lawn care guys doing their thing and they are speaking English..........
I guess that means something.......

Mod Cut

Last edited by madicarus2000; 04-20-2008 at 08:45 PM.. Reason: comments in reference to deleted post

Old 04-20-2008, 08:43 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,622,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
well until last November there were lots of Oklahomans not getting jobs in the service industry, housing construction industry and lawn service industry because of the illegals.
Mow I can go into a Cracker barrell, watch a house being built, and watch the lawn care guys doing their thing and they are speaking English..........
I guess that means something.......

Mod Cut
What a difference 70 years makes: being an 'Okie' in the 1930's was a bad thing--------today, the rest of the USA would do well to emulate the Okies!

Last edited by madicarus2000; 04-20-2008 at 08:46 PM.. Reason: edited linked post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration