U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:10 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,697,044 times
Reputation: 2086

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The laws we have right now have led to this situation we are in. If you enforce the law as it is right now, employers will just get off with a slap on the wrist because they don't have a proper verification system to check the documents that are being presented. They will say hey everything they had looked legal so they don't really get into trouble and the cycle continues. I guess that is what you want. 40% of illegal immigrants are visa overstayers too, so what are you going to do about that without new laws?
No the laws did not lead to this, the lack of enforcement did. And if we need new laws to punish employers more harshly so be it, but Amnesty need not be included in those laws. they tried to fool us last sumer and the flood of calls and the backlash turned that one. I have had to verify identity before with the construction company I worked for, wasnt that hard actually, but employers are lazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:24 PM
 
902 posts, read 506,117 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Rattlesnakes can have both negative and positive impacts but I still don't want them in my backyard.
I love animals and I would prefer to have a yard full of rattlesnakes than illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:33 PM
 
Location: The Rock!
2,370 posts, read 6,856,321 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
The center for immigration studies clearly stated they want lower level of immigration, so does it help their mission if they come out with a report saying immigration at the current level is good? It would have been less of a biased report if it came from an instituition neither supported high or lower levels of immigration. JMHO

I'm sure illegal immigrants have their negative and positive impacts on the economy but i won't be like you guys and just claim they JUST have a negative impact.
I still see no unbiased data that says our economy benefits from illegal immigration. Heck I see no BIASED data to illustrate that. Still looking or is it that it doesn't exist? I figured with all the attention this issue gets from both sides that some biased data to refute the data Nea provide would be pretty easy to google. Maybe it doesn't exist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:40 PM
 
902 posts, read 506,117 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I am sure they will leave America and go back to their countries where they can't find jobs to support their families. The only way they will self-deport is to make the living conditions worse than their home countries, and that my friend is NEVER going to happen.
Sounds like a great idea to me. But, you are wrong about one thing and that is that many are self-deporting. I saw this when I went to visit family in NM and AZ. Go to any border area and watch the trucks and vehicles that are going south filled to the brim with all they own and could pack. You show a distinct lack of knowledge about the illegal problem and all that happens to be going on these days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:42 PM
 
Location: Prison!
913 posts, read 2,831,548 times
Reputation: 266
I think there should be an amnesty....yes...give the like 30 days to get out or if they get caught....

give them illegals a chance to get the hell of the country or get legal or else..they will canning and thrown out of the country...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:43 PM
 
902 posts, read 506,117 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
That is why we make sure the don't get the benefits they put it when they were here illegally. This can be easily solved with an ammendment in a legalization bill.
There are already laws like that. Don't need more laws, need to start acting on the ones we have. Time for another Operation ***back like Ike did and round them up and get rid of them. In fact, a bounty should be put on the head of each and every illegal alive and then Americans could also make some money turning them in and Americans would be happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Sounds like a great idea to me. But, you are wrong about one thing and that is that many are self-deporting. I saw this when I went to visit family in NM and AZ. Go to any border area and watch the trucks and vehicles that are going south filled to the brim with all they own and could pack. You show a distinct lack of knowledge about the illegal problem and all that happens to be going on these days.
hmmm, did you check their documents to see if they were illegal? What if they were seasonal workers, visitors? ICE should hire you because you have the remarkable ability of knowing who is illegal just by how they look.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,792,255 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
There are already laws like that. Don't need more laws, need to start acting on the ones we have. Time for another Operation ***back like Ike did and round them up and get rid of them. In fact, a bounty should be put on the head of each and every illegal alive and then Americans could also make some money turning them in and Americans would be happy.
That is where your amazing ability of knowing who is illegal just by looking at them will come into handy. To put a bounty on someone i thought you needed a name, a description ? Oh, i get it because the only description will be if they look latino throw them out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:46 PM
 
902 posts, read 506,117 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
hmmm, did you check their documents to see if they were illegal? What if they were seasonal workers, visitors? ICE should hire you because you have the remarkable ability of knowing who is illegal just by how they look.
Turning someone is would mean for ICE and/or the police to check their legal status. But hey, it really is not that hard picking them out. I am sick of people saying that one can't tell when someone is illegal because many of us can because we do understand and speak Spanish. You should hear what they say about the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:47 PM
 
Location: The Rock!
2,370 posts, read 6,856,321 times
Reputation: 803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Sounds like a great idea to me. But, you are wrong about one thing and that is that many are self-deporting. I saw this when I went to visit family in NM and AZ. Go to any border area and watch the trucks and vehicles that are going south filled to the brim with all they own and could pack. You show a distinct lack of knowledge about the illegal problem and all that happens to be going on these days.
Only too true!! My mother-in-law used to rent apartments and she knew most of the people coming in were illegals but she could care less anyway because they were usually good renters. But, anyway, she said that most of them told her they were only going to stay for a few years or so until they could save enough to go back home and live well. The end goal for most is to come and remove money from our system, not to come here to make a better life HERE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top