U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2014, 12:49 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times

Advertisements

In my opinion, both party's should get their heads out of their read ends, stop playing games. And work together on this very important issue.

This is a very crucial situation, that if left undone, our kids, our grandkids, are the ones that are going to pay. We cannot afford to let every tom dick and harry illegal into this Country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2014, 12:50 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,125,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Eisenhower was the last US President that actually tried to enforce our immigration policies and send them back.
"Catch and return" is what he did.
What a novel idea. My mother loved Eisenhower. She thought Kennedy was the end of life as we know it. How can a stay at home mother of five be so wise? I realize now that she was right.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:55 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
In my opinion, both party's should get their heads out of their read ends, stop playing games. And work together on this very important issue.

This is a very crucial situation, that if left undone, our kids, our grandkids, are the ones that are going to pay. We cannot afford to let every tom dick and harry illegal into this Country.
It is a very simple solution. When things go wrong get back to the basics. Declare Marshall Law and go door to door deporting all illegals without documentation. Have the military patrol the borders with whatever means necessary and shooting any invaders. We are being invaded and Mexico just shot at our border patrol. I don't know why this administration does not realize this is War on the USA.

Old 06-28-2014, 12:56 PM

9,197 posts, read 5,376,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Seeing how no Republican President has done anything to stop the flow of illegals, why blame all this on Obama? And just because one person says something doesn't make it true. You would think conservatives would learn that by now.
There's a typical liberal response "well Bush did it too". Is it right to allow illegals to swarm across the border or not? It doesn't matter what Bush did or didn't do, Obama is president today (although you'd never know it the way libs blame Bush constantly) and he should be dealing with the problem and not by granting them amnesty, drivers licenses, welfare and free healthcare.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:08 PM

5,762 posts, read 2,958,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And these countries are only too glad to see them all come to the US.
These countries depend on remittance from family in the US to support their GDP.

15% of Honduras GDP is remittance from the US.

You have billions of dollars earned in the US being sent to other countries.
And then you wonder why the US is not improving ?

Central America Border Rush Fueled By Reliance On Remittances - Investors.com
Yes!
This is the real distribution of wealth happening in America - right out of the country.

With Mexico it is billions of $$$ leaving America in remittances that help to fund their economy.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:08 PM
NCN

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Catch and release at the border doesn't quite compare.
Here it is catch in North Carolina by our law enforcement and the courts release them and tell them to report to immigration in Atlanta. This administration refuses to deal with the problem. Just kick it down the road. Give us a good presidential candidate that will deal with this invasion and we will all vote for him. And I am not talking about immigration reform I am talking about immigration enforcement. Nothing wrong with the laws we have if they were upheld.

And as one poster put it, if we don't deal with this invasion now our country is finished.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:16 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,881,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
What a novel idea. My mother loved Eisenhower. She thought Kennedy was the end of life as we know it. How can a stay at home mother of five be so wise? I realize now that she was right.
I do too. Eishenhower warned us. Kennedy defied them and look what happened to him.
LBJ was their ticket to the Oval Offce where they have remained since. And they don't care about political parties either..D or R doesn't mean anything to them. Whoever sits in the Oval Office is their puppet.

Old 06-28-2014, 01:17 PM

5,762 posts, read 2,958,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post

You are absolutely right, but it won't ever happen until the American people are out in the streets demanding it.
Neither party will ever reform immigration because they have too much at stake politically to lose.
Write your congressmen and women - demand that we ENFORCE the immigration laws we already have, and create a punishment for businesses that hire them.
Boycott businesses in your neighborhood that hire illegals, and tell them why you are doing it.

If we all just sit back and wait for someone else to do this, we will be third world in another decade.
California was number one in quality education a few decades ago, now they are third from the bottom due to the huge influx of illegals.

Old 06-28-2014, 02:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Furthermore... How likely is it that this incident REALLY HAPPENED, since the story SMELLS of RW myth making.
I don't know. Obama's Uncle said the same thing when he was caught driving under the influence and it worked. Legal immigrants have been deported due to DUI's.
Obama's Aunt was caught living in subsidized housing, receiving benefits, after a deportation order and now she gets to stay.
I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility. Obama just let 36,000 illegals, convicted criminals out of jail. Not deported....

Old 06-28-2014, 02:59 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Seeing how no Republican President has done anything to stop the flow of illegals, why blame all this on Obama? And just because one person says something doesn't make it true. You would think conservatives would learn that by now.
Who is POTUS? His watch and he owns it. It really is that simple.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or