U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 09:29 AM

3,886 posts, read 5,995,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, so? What my worry is, you hear news reports all the time, about them coming into this country in droves now?
This country has turned into a FLOP HOUSE!

Old 06-30-2014, 09:31 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
yes, it has, and we have "all" our politicians for allowing this to happen, many many years ago, when it all started. Hollywood wanted maids, and they wanted cheap labor, same with farmers...and the beat goes on....everyone kept saying, "you continue to allow this, everything will become chaotic". Our laws are a joke, and they keep bending them to suit their own purpose....

Our systems are so broken is is pathetic

And of course, now We're paying for them again, how much has Obama asked for?

Old 06-30-2014, 09:40 AM

31,495 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
And just what are our own citizens supposed to do when we run out of money caring for foreigners, no jobs, dwindling natural and social resources, overcrowding of our schools, jails hospitals and neighborhoods, food and water shortages?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
And just what are our own citizens supposed to do when we run out of money caring for foreigners, no jobs, dwindling natural and social resources, overcrowding of our schools, jails hospitals and neighborhoods, food and water shortages?
Our politicians never cared about that, all they cared about was getting re-elected, and both sides stood at the boarders, handing out pamplets, saying "vote for me".

They have the gull to give us poor health benefits, and lousy pays, they take jobs from us and go over seas to become child labor camps, but pay themselves, top dollar.

There are no jobs in these United states, and it gets worse and worse....but they don't care, and why are they doing this? But even worse, why are American's allowing it....

I mean they even made a movie about the plight of Mexicans....and I'm sorry, their lives are bad, however, if you want to come to this country, work for it, and become legal....being an American is supposed to be a priviledge, not a joke.

Now what the politicians have done is developed hate among it's citizens....fighting each other with all these issues.

They ignore these huge huge issues and do not enforce our laws, and when those southern states try to enforce the laws, the politicians don't help them...or they get in trouble, why?

It's really a mess.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure they'd have the guts to do that but if they did a few reconquistas would probably be the leaders. You know taking back so-callled stolen land and all that......
well, we had a friend who worked on Homeland Security, and he has walked out of many meetings....and finally quit....due to the lack of common sense.

It's not the all the Mexicans per say that are here, there are tons of terrorists here that came thru our boarders years ago....

Yet, let the border police shoot someone for entering illegally, and they are put in jail?????

Why? What is going on here? And now Obama wants how much more? They are draining our system, bleeding us dry, closing our hospitals, cuz they refuse to pay their bills....or can't. So, when does our government stop this, and I don't mean, but a bandaid on it, but stop it....
When Bush was still President, they started building a wall, why did that stop? And believe me, I'm no Bush lover...but Obama is even worse. Why is he allowing all this to continue?

Old 06-30-2014, 10:26 AM

47,316 posts, read 24,627,956 times
Obviously, you guys don't live near the border or get any news about what goes on down here.

They're ALWAYS assaulting border patrol agents. I'm so used to hearing about it that it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Obviously, you guys don't live near the border or get any news about what goes on down here.

They're ALWAYS assaulting border patrol agents. I'm so used to hearing about it that it doesn't even raise an eyebrow.
They are? No I'm sorry I didn't know...all I know is, a few years back, two boarder police shot someone, in self defense and THEY ended up in jail??????? I don't even know if they were released?

so what is being done about it? I mean, our own government doesn't stand behind government hired employees? No wonder it is so tough to become a border patrol police officer?

Old 06-30-2014, 11:28 AM

47,316 posts, read 24,627,956 times
Quote:
They are? No I'm sorry I didn't know...all I know is, a few years back, two boarder police shot someone, in self defense and THEY ended up in jail??????? I don't even know if they were released?

so what is being done about it? I mean, our own government doesn't stand behind government hired employees? No wonder it is so tough to become a border patrol police officer?
It's only common sense that they're being assaulted....you should expect it. I'd be assaulting someone too if i were them. Think about it.

You've went hundreds of miles over some of the harshest terrain and weather on the continent. You've eaten crap, slept under the stars, braved snakes and other critters, tried to duck and dodge law enforcement and dealt with coyotes that have taken every dime you've got in the world....all in order to cross an international border to a better life.

You think they're all gonna just laugh it off when they get caught? LOL...these are extremely desperate people. They just aren't going to give up easily. They're gonna fight back out of frustration if nothing else.

And it's not true that the government doesn't stand behind BP agents. But these agents are law enforcement officers. They are trained not to act like thugs but to handle these situations with as much equanimity as possible. They do a good job for the most part...but it can be highly stressful. Sometimes, the stress reveals itself in some pretty horrible ways.

Two teams of BP agents about 15 miles from where i live shot at each other in pitch black darkness and killed two of their own. The incident caused an uproar because the original story was that illegals had killed them. But what really happened was the two teams, who went out on horseback after having two border sensors go off, didn't realize that the other team WEREN'T illegals, but fellow agents.

That was a case of pure incompetence, like you'd have in any agency. When it's dark in the desert, it's DARK! They should've went out with helicopters and checked the area first.

But that wasn't the first time they'd had friendly fire incidents either.

Old 06-30-2014, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
It's only common sense that they're being assaulted....you should expect it. I'd be assaulting someone too if i were them. Think about it.

You've went hundreds of miles over some of the harshest terrain and weather on the continent. You've eaten crap, slept under the stars, braved snakes and other critters, tried to duck and dodge law enforcement and dealt with coyotes that have taken every dime you've got in the world....all in order to cross an international border to a better life.

You think they're all gonna just laugh it off when they get caught? LOL...these are extremely desperate people. They just aren't going to give up easily. They're gonna fight back out of frustration if nothing else.

And it's not true that the government doesn't stand behind BP agents. But these agents are law enforcement officers. They are trained not to act like thugs but to handle these situations with as much equanimity as possible. They do a good job for the most part...but it can be highly stressful. Sometimes, the stress reveals itself in some pretty horrible ways.

Two teams of BP agents about 15 miles from where i live shot at each other in pitch black darkness and killed two of their own. The incident caused an uproar because the original story was that illegals had killed them. But what really happened was the two teams, who went out on horseback after having two border sensors go off, didn't realize that the other team WEREN'T illegals, but fellow agents.

That was a case of pure incompetence, like you'd have in any agency. When it's dark in the desert, it's DARK! They should've went out with helicopters and checked the area first.

But that wasn't the first time they'd had friendly fire incidents either.
Oh my, I cannot imagine how they felt or the families of the lost ones.....
How sad....

Old 06-30-2014, 12:26 PM

1,017 posts, read 553,625 times
Quote:
yes, this is my biggest fear, and all those here in this country illegally will rally against us....
Aw, relax. The illegal aliens need the US taxpayers to support them. They wouldn't be so stupid as to rally against us... or would they?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or