Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 02:51 AM

22,471 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm not saying it gives them the right. Not at all. I'm saying their parents are not monsters, and they might think they are doing the right thing. The whole situation gives me an ulcer. And it wasn't just the Jewish parents who sent their kids to what they thought were safe (turned out not to be so much) countries.

I'm not an apologist for this, it's truly out of control and I'm as upset about it as anyone else.
Their parents are highly irresponsible. No decent parent would allow their minor child to travel hundreds of miles either unaccompanied or with a coyote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 06:19 AM

3,839 posts, read 3,066,312 times
These children/teens will never be deported. They are future democratic party voters. They are wards of the US taxpayer. They will get free stuff for the remainder of their lives.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:23 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
They are kids. And this is a nightmare...and this is coming from a poster that many on this board probably consider "pro-illegal immigration" from some past posts. The southern border has been completely overwhelmed by these children.
Kids don't wear adult underwear and from what I have read most of them are in their teens or older. They aren't "children".

Old 07-03-2014, 07:25 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Are these kids going to be dumped into our public school system? Most, if not all, cannot speak English. Many will be entered into our foster care system, which already have kids waiting for placement. And Jenkins has crowed that no Dallas county taxes will be used for this, instead the federal taxes will. Who does he think pays those taxes??

Dallas County To House Up To 2,000 Immigrant Children « CBS Dallas / Fort Worth
Jenkins is lying to you - Miami got 300 Hondurans earlier this year and are expecting more. They are forced to "pay" for the education of these "children" and they don't have the resources to do so.

“Children Immigrants” An Impending Issue For Miami-Dade Schools - CBS News

“It’ unsustainable and unless the feds step in, we are going to find ourselves in a very big crisis,” said State Representative Jose Felix Diaz

School starts in two months with unaccompanied children immigrants in Miami-Dade’s school system but Superintendent Carvalho says he hopes to maybe see funding within the next 12 months.

Jenkins is just a County Judge and he is now on the Texas Border getting a VIP Tour of the Border Patrol Detention Centers. The Congressman from Oklahoma (James Bridenstein), who has For Sill in his Congressional District, is a former Navy Pilot and on the Armed Services Committee - was turned away at Fort Sill to view the Housing on base for these illegal "children". Health and Human Services made that decision and they would NOT allow him in.

HHS Bars Congressman From Seeing Immigrant Children

This is outrageous - some bureaucrat in Washington D.C. does not have the authority to bar a Congressman (especially one on the Armed Services Committee) from a Military facility in his District. HHS has no problemo allowing their Sheeple into these facilities, but they will bar a Congressman in his own District.

Team Obama at work with their secrecy and control.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:27 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
I wonder if the Mayor is rethinking his generosity now that the timeframe is no longer "120 days".
What is he going to do come August when it's time to put these 2000 kids into his school system ?

Or are we just going to keep these kids in air conditioned warehouses and not think about them ?

Old 07-03-2014, 07:40 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,266,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
City officials first stated that the kids would be housed in Dallas for up to 120 days. Now they are saying it will be for 6 months, with an opportunity to extend that to even more time. These kids aren't going anywhere, and I have no doubt more are on their way.
Oh Yes! You can bank on that, and it's YOU that will be paying for it ..... in many ways.

This us not a 'done deal' .... YET. The people in Dallas and in Dallas County need to get in gear. Call, email, write letters and organize groups to show up at City Hall and the County offices. Make it crystal clear that this is not acceptable. Murrieta, CA did that and they stopped the buses and made them turn around. I started writing my letters yesterday and the minute that I get a whiff of settlement in my City or County - I will be knocking on doors to organize an invasion of City Hall.

It takes some time to find a property and you can bet that City Leaders know when they are looking - Team Obama is determined to keep as much of this as Secret as possible, BUT they can't do it without the co-operation from City/County leadership - which makes them complicit.

There is one thing we know for sure about ALL Politicians - they covet their jobs AND those jobs are dependent on the Voters. The time to Stop something like this is before it every starts. Posting on an Anonymous Forum won't help - mobilizing locally will help. Get to Work now before it's too late.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:27 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I wonder if the Mayor is rethinking his generosity now that the timeframe is no longer "120 days".
What is he going to do come August when it's time to put these 2000 kids into his school system ?

Or are we just going to keep these kids in air conditioned warehouses and not think about them ?
That's pretty much what DISD schools are these days, let's be honest.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:28 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
The average is 15 and older and the majority of them are boys.
That was per the border patrol spokesman.

Old 07-03-2014, 04:12 PM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
This us not a 'done deal' .... YET. The people in Dallas and in Dallas County need to get in gear. Call, email, write letters and organize groups to show up at City Hall and the County offices. Make it crystal clear that this is not acceptable. Murrieta, CA did that and they stopped the buses and made them turn around. I started writing my letters yesterday and the minute that I get a whiff of settlement in my City or County - I will be knocking on doors to organize an invasion of City Hall.
Yes! ^^^^^

Why is no one on the Texas or Dallas CD forum talking about this ??

Old 07-03-2014, 05:22 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Mexico isn't going to stop these smugglers, we have to do it. It's in the best interest of all the children to deport the ones already here. Enough is enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration