U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 06:10 PM

10,786 posts, read 5,082,623 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yes! ^^^^^

Why is no one on the Texas or Dallas CD forum talking about this ??
Are they allowed to talk about it in those forums? I'm guessing that few people even know about the Immigration dump forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 06:16 PM

5,461 posts, read 4,577,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Yes! ^^^^^

Why is no one on the Texas or Dallas CD forum talking about this ??
I originally posted this on the Dallas CD thread and it was moved by moderators shortly after. Not sure why.

Old 07-03-2014, 06:51 PM

10,786 posts, read 5,082,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
I originally posted this on the Dallas CD thread and it was moved by moderators shortly after. Not sure why.
Sure you do.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:00 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Are they allowed to talk about it in those forums? I'm guessing that few people even know about the Immigration dump forum.
Because this thread was moved here from there.

Local media is all over this, though unfortunately coverage is mostly sympathetic. Unsurprising given how many illegals live in Dallas County and the fact that Dallas itself is a sanctuary city. I think if you deported every illegal in Dallas County, you'd have to close half the schools in the DISD.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:41 PM

4,304 posts, read 11,124,327 times
"if you deported every illegal in Dallas County, you'd have to close half the schools in the DISD."

I told someone this and thought I was lying. I also explained to them that if we deported every illegal in Dallas the construction industry would be crippled for a very long time.

Reggie

Old 07-04-2014, 02:13 PM

37,998 posts, read 18,943,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUMAN View Post
These children/teens will never be deported. They are future democratic party voters. They are wards of the US taxpayer. They will get free stuff for the remainder of their lives.
I have very mixed feelings about this issue. Think about what you would do to protect or give your kid a better life.

When my grandparents immigrated legally the parents sent the strongest of the family. They too wanted a better life too. They were never on welfare. I would have no problem with this issue had it not been that that they would primed to become democratic voters. For these kids they have so much to learn and so much against them.

If I could I wouldn't mind taking in maybe two of the older kids or teen agers and maybe and one of the older woman to help me out with them and try my best to help give them a start. Enough room, just not enough money to do a good job and for such a major undertaking.

Last edited by petch751; 07-04-2014 at 02:33 PM..

Old 07-04-2014, 05:12 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
They're still kids, probably lonely and scared without their parents. I wish the best for them
They should be sent home -- that would be the most compassionate thing over all -- it can't be just compassion for this new very large welfare class -- you really have to also have some compassion for the American taxpayer.

Most of these kids aren't lonely or scared anyhow -- they've got about the crappiest parents in the world who readily turn them over to criminal strangers and happily risk their children's lives for their own benefit. Many of these children's parents abandoned them for the big easy USA dollars shortly after they were born. Their parents are every bit strangers to them -- now they've been taken from grandparents or other relatives who they've only known, or scooped off the streets so their parents now can get in on DACA amnesty.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:28 AM

10,429 posts, read 5,979,636 times
I'm glad I don't live in a border state. What is Dallas going to do with 2000 kids who will need schools and welfare? No doubt crime will rise as well with a dumping of unskilled poor teenagers into a city. What a mess.

Old 07-05-2014, 10:06 AM

3,806 posts, read 4,998,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
City officials first stated that the kids would be housed in Dallas for up to 120 days. Now they are saying it will be for 6 months, with an opportunity to extend that to even more time. These kids aren't going anywhere, and I have no doubt more are on their way.
Oh wow! Dallas should be honored to get such an opportunity!

Old 07-06-2014, 03:43 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,280,195 times
As long as we have businesses in America who have no problem and get away with hiring illegals we will continue to have this infux.
This president is not going to close the borders or turn away busses.

As long as illegals know they can work undocumented here with no consequences,
The busses will roll right in.

Prosecute, fine, arrest people/businesses who employ illegals.
They will stop coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or