U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Should the President take executive action on the border?
Yes 13 13.00%
No 82 82.00%
Other 5 5.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-10-2014, 04:12 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8349

Advertisements

In regards to illegal immigration why should the GOP work with Obama on it when it is plain he wants amnesty? There is nothing irrational or wrong about wanting our immigration laws enforced instead. What is pathetic is Obama and his fellow Democrats putting illegal aliens above our laws and the American people.

Granting amnesty via executive order is the wrong thing for Obama to do when as I said above it is not in the best interests of the American people nor do most Americans desire that. Legislation is done through congress not a dictatorship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-10-2014, 04:50 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Executive action is the preferred way since Congress has been severely broken by Republican nonsense. Republicans in Congress have the sole purpose of doing anything they can to make President Obama fail, no matter how irrational and wrong their positions are. Trying to work with them has been something the President has tried to do, but they continue to be blundering imbecile obstructionists without a record of their own of success to go on. It's quite pathetic.

President Obama's actions, ideas, plans, and decisions are far, far superior than anything Republicans put forth, and his Executive Action on immigration would represent the superior position. I overwhelmingly support his decision to do so, were he to exercise it. His decisions and ideas benefit this country. Republican decisions and ideas do not.
I'll support a POTUS whose either a Dem or a Repub IF they're willing to go after illegal aliens and go after their kind HARD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2014, 05:03 PM
 
Location: USA
18,535 posts, read 13,674,466 times
Reputation: 12125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'll support a POTUS whose either a Dem or a Repub IF they're willing to go after illegal aliens and go after their kind HARD.
Thats fine, the people who support the Potus on Amnesty can give their job to one of the new immigrants
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-10-2014, 07:58 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Its kind of hard to support a President who is a proven liar and can't keep his word. Obama said no head of line pass. Obama said that illegals would have to follow the same path that legals have to follow. Well he has already gone back on his word on that.
The man can't be trusted.
As for the GOP congress won't work with him. That is a 2 way street. He goes through the motions of acting like he wants to work with them, but won't. I don't want a congress to agree to an amnesty, or any reward for criminal behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 11:04 AM
 
Location: Oak Park, IL
405 posts, read 358,117 times
Reputation: 315
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What? It isn't the Republicans who want blanket amnesty. It is the Democrats. I agree however that the employers who hire them need to be reigned in with e-verify and stiff penalties for non-compliance. Without the job and benefit incentives most illegals will leave on their own.
Actually no that's not true. Most Democrat proposals have had a lot more strings attached than Republican proposed plans, not that either is good. My assumption is Republicans assume that people who aren't ric... their constituents will take care of the social cost while business will continue to reap the rewards. I wish Republicans would just own up to this so we can move on, sigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 12:39 PM
 
Location: San Diego
32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Reputation: 17687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
Actually no that's not true. Most Democrat proposals have had a lot more strings attached than Republican proposed plans, not that either is good. My assumption is Republicans assume that people who aren't ric... their constituents will take care of the social cost while business will continue to reap the rewards. I wish Republicans would just own up to this so we can move on, sigh.
That contradictory to anything I've ever read. But ya, it doesn't matter really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 02:13 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
Actually no that's not true. Most Democrat proposals have had a lot more strings attached than Republican proposed plans, not that either is good. My assumption is Republicans assume that people who aren't ric... their constituents will take care of the social cost while business will continue to reap the rewards. I wish Republicans would just own up to this so we can move on, sigh.
The GOP for most part opposes any amnesty at all. Business aren't just owned by Republicans either. Trying not to get off topic but it is the Democrats that expect the wager earners to support those who don't work or to subsidize them. My objection is too subsidizing illegal aliens in any way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2014, 11:42 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The GOP for most part opposes any amnesty at all. Business aren't just owned by Republicans either. Trying not to get off topic but it is the Democrats that expect the wager earners to support those who don't work or to subsidize them. My objection is too subsidizing illegal aliens in any way.
Most illegals are low wage earners, as a result their children will be eligible for welfare. So what we have is a group of people who have no respect for our immigration laws, and many other laws for that matter demanding special treatment. Then we have a POTUS doing everything he can to grant said special treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2014, 11:02 AM
 
Location: USA
18,535 posts, read 13,674,466 times
Reputation: 12125
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Most illegals are low wage earners, as a result their children will be eligible for welfare. So what we have is a group of people who have no respect for our immigration laws, and many other laws for that matter demanding special treatment. Then we have a POTUS doing everything he can to grant said special treatment.
"Most illegals are low wage earners, as a result their children will be eligible for welfare."
There are some that are incredibly hard workers and there are some that are content to live off of our welfare system. There are some that are born to parents that are Gang members, and some that will do everything they can to achieve the American dream.

Unfortunately, we can't pick and choose which people who are here illegally and will add to our collective future, and which ones will take away from it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2014, 02:12 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8349
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Most illegals are low wage earners, as a result their children will be eligible for welfare."
There are some that are incredibly hard workers and there are some that are content to live off of our welfare system. There are some that are born to parents that are Gang members, and some that will do everything they can to achieve the American dream.

Unfortunately, we can't pick and choose which people who are here illegally and will add to our collective future, and which ones will take away from it.
Just because some illegals work hard to help themselves doesn't mean they are doing anything for the rest of us. In fact it harms the rest of us when you include job stealing, tax usage above any tax contributions, added stress on our social and natural resources, crowded conditions in our schools and hospitals and sending billions out of our country to their homelands. When their first act is to break our immigration laws for their own self gain I am sorry but I can't look at them as achieving the American dream in a lawful or commendable manner.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top