U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the President take executive action on the border?
Yes 13 13.00%
No 82 82.00%
Other 5 5.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2014, 06:31 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Most illegals are low wage earners, as a result their children will be eligible for welfare."
There are some that are incredibly hard workers and there are some that are content to live off of our welfare system. There are some that are born to parents that are Gang members, and some that will do everything they can to achieve the American dream.

Unfortunately, we can't pick and choose which people who are here illegally and will add to our collective future, and which ones will take away from it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just because some illegals work hard to help themselves doesn't mean they are doing anything for the rest of us. In fact it harms the rest of us when you include job stealing, tax usage above any tax contributions, added stress on our social and natural resources, crowded conditions in our schools and hospitals and sending billions out of our country to their homelands. When their first act is to break our immigration laws for their own self gain I am sorry but I can't look at them as achieving the American dream in a lawful or commendable manner.
I get the feeling LS Juan does NOT want any kind of illegal alien in the US. Some are less trouble than others but; ALL are lawbreakers and need to leave because none of them are worth having. Especially with so many Americans; especially ones over about 50 years old NOT wanted by employers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2014, 04:14 AM

13,141 posts, read 10,568,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The GOP for most part opposes any amnesty at all. Business aren't just owned by Republicans either. Trying not to get off topic but it is the Democrats that expect the wager earners to support those who don't work or to subsidize them. My objection is too subsidizing illegal aliens in any way.
It isn't just supporting the illegals. We would be supporting larger government. They would get "free" educations, medical, food, translators, lawyers, housing, jails, - everything associated with us (taxpayers) assuming the liability for people demanding us to care for them. Forget the days of legal immigration and you paid your fees to get a chance to take the test! Now, just sneak over our border; and some stupid politician will give you the shirt off their taxpayer's back - they obviously don't want to get paid!

Our President plans on pushing again right after the election - he will not give this a break!

Old 09-13-2014, 04:56 AM

6,193 posts, read 4,365,936 times
Bankrupting small towns, big towns, cities already on the financial edge all across America....

Diseases spreading exponentially all across America....

Crime by illegals and gang members all across America....

Almost sounds like a plan. A plan of community organizing. On a scale that will fundamentally transform the United States of America.

Nobody questioned that in 2008. Perhaps we should have. Because as it stands now, there is no hope for change.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:30 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Almost sounds like a plan. A plan of community organizing. On a scale that will fundamentally transform the United States of America.

Yep. Been going on ever since 2009. The Bushes and Reagan were not much better on this--but this administration is blatant about it.

It ticked me off big time when the Reagan adminstration granted amnesty in 1986, and it's going to tick me off even more when B Hussein Obama grants yet another after the midterm elections. Very carefully timed and calculated--one of the things he wants to get done before he leaves office.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
“I taught constitutional law for 10 years. I take the Constitution very seriously,” Obama said during a campaign rally in Lancaster, Pa., on March 31, 2008. “The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all.”

Time has shown this to be an outright lie.

Old 09-13-2014, 08:50 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
“I taught constitutional law for 10 years. I take the Constitution very seriously,” Obama said during a campaign rally in Lancaster, Pa., on March 31, 2008. “The biggest problems that we’re facing right now have to do with George Bush trying to bring more and more power into the executive branch and not go through Congress at all.”

LOL Actions speak louder than words and Obama's actions are loud and clear. He may be the cheapest prostitute to ever hold the office of President. I don't think there is a low life that Obama won't satisfy for a vote. Someone should offer him a bottle of Scope. It isn't the morning after pill, but he needs it the morning after.

Old 09-17-2014, 10:43 AM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post

He "taught" constitutional law for 10 years WHERE? Is that code for palling around with Ayers and organizing the community? He takes the Constitution as seriously as he does TP. Inserting Bush's name makes him out to be the sniveling and whiney kid on the playground who never gets picked for a team who point at others until he gets his way. Tots are good at such.

Something which always struck me as funny is the term "contitutional law". Aren't all laws in his country based upon the Constitution? Wouldn't the word "law" suffice?

That's like Lois Lerner saying " I did nothing wrong". If one deconstructs the sentence it reads "I did wrong".

Old 09-17-2014, 02:27 PM

10,946 posts, read 7,977,821 times
If a president cannot work out a solution to immigration through existing legal means, why support another end around to circumvent our laws. Political reasons? Not nearly good enough. Self aggrandizement? Equally bad as a reason.

No smoke and mirrors, a true president would work within the system.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:42 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
If a president cannot work out a solution to immigration through existing legal means, why support another end around to circumvent our laws. Political reasons? Not nearly good enough. Self aggrandizement? Equally bad as a reason.

No smoke and mirrors, a true president would work within the system.

The Bilderbergs finally got a lackey into the WH but he has been foiled thus far.

How many have doubted the legality of him being a "true president"? A true president wouldn't have his back up against the wall. A true president would care more for his country than the poseur does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or