Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the President take executive action on the border?
Yes 13 13.00%
No 82 82.00%
Other 5 5.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 02:20 PM

50,270 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
I really don't know how the immigration issue will finally get settled but conservatives are not going to be the first people in the history of the world to stop the migration of people across a continent, something that has occurred with regularity since the beginning of time without regard to ; walls , laws, wars, feast, famine, deserts, ragging seas, tyrants or natural disasters. Hitler tried with some success but it cost Germany more than it was worth.
Queue the Hitler reference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 04:18 PM

12,956 posts, read 13,671,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Here we go again.
slavery (ˈsleɪvərɪ)
n
1. (Law) the state or condition of being a slave; a civil relationship whereby one person has absolute power over another and controls his life, liberty, and fortune
2. the subjection of a person to another person, esp in being forced into work

Illegals enter into the relationship willingly. In fact they knowingly violate a number of laws just to enter into the relationship willingly. They deserve no compassion, no reward for their misdeeds. They are no more a slave than a car jacker is to the chop shop that buys the stolen car.
Sometimes I want shake illegals and tell them we have laws, millions of legals have been welcomed to this country. Try obeying our laws if you want a little respect.
Because all Americans set such a fine example of citizenship and being observant of the laws of the land.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:22 PM

5,251 posts, read 14,243,757 times
Quote:
Because all Americans set such a fine example of citizenship and being observant of the laws of the land.
And yet if I get caught breaking the law, and can be arrested, face a fine or go to jail. They get caught breaking the law, they are given a drivers license, get free health care, and many other benefits.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:27 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
And yet if I get caught breaking the law, and can be arrested, face a fine or go to jail. They get caught breaking the law, they are given a drivers license, get free health care, and many other benefits.
Exactly! We are all human and many do break laws but we should expect to pay the consequences of it instead of being rewarded for it. The consequences of violating our immigration laws is deportation and rightly so.

Old 07-02-2014, 04:45 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Nice deflection. LOL too bad you have no rebuttal.
Illegals are criminals and by choice. There is no honor among thieves and to think otherwise is foolish. Illegals don't care who they harm, whose livelihood they endanger, or whose life might be screwed up when they use a fraudulent SSN. Like all criminals they seek to justify their actions. Like all criminals there really is no excuse.
You did raise a valid point. We do have a lot of criminals in the United States. So explain to me, why we need to import more?

Old 07-02-2014, 04:50 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
I really don't know how the immigration issue will finally get settled but conservatives are not going to be the first people in the history of the world to stop the migration of people across a continent, something that has occurred with regularity since the beginning of time without regard to ; walls , laws, wars, feast, famine, deserts, ragging seas, tyrants or natural disasters. Hitler tried with some success but it cost Germany more than it was worth.
You never will make illegal immigration a 0 event. What you can do is reduce it to manageable numbers. Mandatory E-Verify on all employees both current and future. Back it with hefty fines and jail time for offenders. No one in their right mind will face such consequences. As the jobs disappear so will illegals. basic supply and demand. I would include Joe cheapskate trolling Home depot parking lots for cheap labor.
The Fed needs to allow local law enforcement the ability to police their own streets. If a cop catches a person making their own money does the fed sue that police department? NO

Old 07-02-2014, 04:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Slavery is keeping people in a social, economic and political status so they can be policed by anyone; employers, landlords, people on the street. A work permit is the equivalent to " papers" a slave carried with him to allow him to work and travel off the plantation. People have mythologized slavery to the point they don't or refused to recognized it as it exist today. Just yesterday people on the street policed a bus load of slaves. Trust me, allowing Mexicans to stay in America legally is no more a reward than emancipation was for black people. It took another 100 years for them to get their Civil Rights. Sometimes I want to shake Mexicans and tell them do you know what the hell you are in for ? It's not worth it.
Uh; going by what YOU'RE saying: ANY legal alien is a "slave", not just a Mexican. Too; legal aliens can become US citizens, even Mexicans. Sheesh!

Old 07-02-2014, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me007gold View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! We are all human and many do break laws but we should expect to pay the consequences of it instead of being rewarded for it. The consequences of violating our immigration laws is deportation and rightly so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Nice deflection. LOL too bad you have no rebuttal.
Illegals are criminals and by choice. There is no honor among thieves and to think otherwise is foolish. Illegals don't care who they harm, whose livelihood they endanger, or whose life might be screwed up when they use a fraudulent SSN. Like all criminals they seek to justify their actions. Like all criminals there really is no excuse.
You did raise a valid point. We do have a lot of criminals in the United States. So explain to me, why we need to import more?
Me007,Oldglory and tinman said it all. IF I broke the law and got caught; I'd need to take my lumps.

Old 07-02-2014, 05:10 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,848,705 times
Why doesn't President Obama and his administarion take an executive order on enforcing the existing immigration laws? If the laws already in place were followed and enforced then today's immigration and border issues would not exist. The government would not be wasting precious time, energy and resources on spinning their wheels. Enforce the laws and move on. This issue/subject is getting old.

-Cheers.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Why doesn't President Obama and his administarion take an executive order on enforcing the existing immigration laws? If the laws already in place were followed and enforced then today's immigration and border issues would not exist. The government would not be wasting precious time, energy and resources on spinning their wheels. Enforce the laws and move on. This issue/subject is getting old.

-Cheers.
Agreed. It IS getting old that illegal aliens are even allowed to stay in the US.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration