Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the President take executive action on the border?
Yes 13 13.00%
No 82 82.00%
Other 5 5.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2014, 07:08 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,537,665 times

Advertisements

The only executive action that I would support from this president is his resignation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,170,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Should the President take executive action in this case?

AOL.com Article - Obama: I'll act on my own on immigration

oh hell no, his executive action on illegal criminal immigration would be to open the border for all to come in.

Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 PM

30,745 posts, read 21,881,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
oh hell no, his executive action on illegal criminal immigration would be to open the border for all to come in.
From his most recent actions it appears that way.

Old 09-09-2014, 12:55 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,181,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
The only executive action that I would support from this president is his resignation.
Same here.

Old 09-09-2014, 03:25 AM

18,764 posts, read 18,054,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Same here.
Amnesty rewards people that broke our laws. I work with people came here legally and paid the fees, studied, and were very proud when they finally became citizens. This is a disservice to all that try to follow our laws and it is unfair competition to the poor and minorities looking for higher wages.

President Obama has not acted in the best interest of people that he swore the oath to serve. He marches to the beat of his 'preferred' special interest groups. Unfortunately there is not any difference from the Republican side of the isle. We have only a few congressional representative that actually work to uphold our laws and support the will of the people (of the US and not the rest of the world).

Old 09-09-2014, 07:20 AM

50,159 posts, read 46,820,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
Why doesn't President Obama and his administarion take an executive order on enforcing the existing immigration laws? If the laws already in place were followed and enforced then today's immigration and border issues would not exist. The government would not be wasting precious time, energy and resources on spinning their wheels. Enforce the laws and move on. This issue/subject is getting old.

-Cheers.
BO is more worried about the Hispanic vote than protecting the United States. The United States that aren't so united anymore with so much illegal immigration and a 20 year rolling block of people looking to cash in here yet refuse to assimilate. Looking for a better life..........at someone else's expense.

Old 09-09-2014, 07:46 AM

62,736 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
BO is more worried about the Hispanic vote than protecting the United States. The United States that aren't so united anymore with so much illegal immigration and a 20 year rolling block of people looking to cash in here yet refuse to assimilate. Looking for a better life..........at someone else's expense.
Hispanics don't tend to turn out in large numbers at the polls and those who do mostly vote Democrat anyway so I don't know what they are worried about. Besides, our elected officials are suppose to look out for the best interests of the American people not illegal foreigners and their supporters.

Old 09-09-2014, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Hispanics don't tend to turn out in large numbers at the polls and those who do mostly vote Democrat anyway so I don't know what they are worried about. Besides, our elected officials are suppose to look out for the best interests of the American people not illegal foreigners and their supporters.
Apparently, BO knows whats best for all of us.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:08 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,464,800 times
Yes I support it. Please someone make a decision.

Old 09-09-2014, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Yes I support it. Please someone make a decision.
You may get for what you wish for

The problem with that is nobody knows what he will do next . Is he going to give mass amnesty to every person residing in the US illegally? He basically gave, and is giving a free ride on our dollar to every illegal mother and child that has come up from Central America since last year. The same applies to the rest of the people here illegally from other areas of the world so its not just a South of the border issue. I would be okay with the something along the idea of the Dream Act as it benefits both sides.

I have a couple of friends on disability, both American Citizens, they both receive about $1000 a month to live on, plus a small amount for food stamps. They both have had their food stamps cut in the last year. There is only so much money to go around and poor Americans have to suffer to support people moving here illegally.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration