U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should the President take executive action on the border?
Yes 13 13.00%
No 82 82.00%
Other 5 5.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2014, 08:38 PM

18,535 posts, read 13,674,466 times

Advertisements

Should the President take executive action in this case?

AOL.com Article - Obama: I'll act on my own on immigration
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2014, 08:45 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
I said "other" since IF Obama was AGAINST any kind of amnesty in face of congress wanting it, I'd side with the POTUS here.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:47 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Should the President take executive action in this case?

AOL.com Article - Obama: I'll act on my own on immigration
NO.... I would support the president if he enforced the law and not sought to reward illegals. The majority of Americans do not agree with his approach, and I certainly disagree with his dishonesty in regards to illegals.

Old 06-30-2014, 08:53 PM

18,535 posts, read 13,674,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
NO.... I would support the president if he enforced the law and not sought to reward illegals. The majority of Americans do not agree with his approach, and I certainly disagree with his dishonesty in regards to illegals.

"The majority of Americans do not agree with his approach"
Hence the poll

Old 06-30-2014, 08:56 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"The majority of Americans do not agree with his approach"
Hence the poll
The problem with me supporting a 2 billion dollar Obama spend fest is because his word is questionable. I simply don't believe that he will use it for its intended purpose.

Old 06-30-2014, 10:58 PM

1,016 posts, read 552,739 times
Obama said the immigration laws are complicated. I say what he proposes is all over the place. We need to follow our laws. "Immigration Reform" is another word for "amnesty."

And both political parties are responsible for this mess IMHO. I can understand Obama's frustration because clearly the majority of Republicans are against anything he wants to do. On the other hand, both sides need to grow up and do some conflict resolution to start talking. The EUC is kaput, yet we can spend billions of taxpayers' money on this invasion to help these poor children? How about our unemployed, homeless, elderly, disabled, foster kids, veterans, etc. right here in the US?

After paying taxes for 40 years and living by the rules, I am fed up with both parties and disgusted how rundown our country has become at their hands. Ain't gonna change in my lifetime. And it will just continue to go downhill for our ensuing generations.

Old 07-01-2014, 12:53 AM

3,846 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Let him try and you will see a Republican landslide in the midterms.

This just might be what triggers his impeachment.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:41 AM

44,322 posts, read 35,381,178 times
If the poll is any indication, then that's a good thing. Right now, NO is leading 18 to 1. It's nice to know we still have folks with common sense, something our alleged president does not have.

Old 07-01-2014, 04:11 AM

8,791 posts, read 9,617,809 times
If this is what it takes for the president to get the republicans tangled up again in their own shoe strings, for sure. How can they accuse him of deporting record numbers of illegals but at the same time doing nothing? IMO His executive order is like him moving a chess piece, in this case it will be their chess piece. They want to sit and stare at the board and he won't give them the luxury. BTW the poll is inconsequential based on the prevailing political persuasion or the forum.

Old 07-01-2014, 06:44 AM

31,464 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
If this is what it takes for the president to get the republicans tangled up again in their own shoe strings, for sure. How can they accuse him of deporting record numbers of illegals but at the same time doing nothing? IMO His executive order is like him moving a chess piece, in this case it will be their chess piece. They want to sit and stare at the board and he won't give them the luxury. BTW the poll is inconsequential based on the prevailing political persuasion or the forum.
Actually, it was the Republicans that called him out on his so-called high deportation numbers. Even Obama admitted that they were jacked up. What does doing nothing mean to you? Would it be because the House Republicans refuse to grant amnesty aka CIR? Why should they do that and how would that fix the problem? How would that deter future illegal immigration? It would only encourage more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or