Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:41 PM

65 posts, read 121,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I know many friends and family, (including myself and my wife), who's parents became US citizens under the Amnesty of 1986.

Many of their children who live in Florida, NY and California have degrees and are fine American law abiding citizens, including myself (I helped my mother fill out the paperwork).
agenda reasons now seen why...
I figured as much..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2008, 08:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,940,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
agenda reasons now seen why...
I figured as much..
As much as this may crush you emotionally illegals who are not part of NCLR or any other brown supremacist organization have no agenda.

Old 02-10-2008, 09:26 PM

65 posts, read 121,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
As much as this may crush you emotionally illegals who are not part of NCLR or any other brown supremacist organization have no agenda.
how do you know.. are you an illegal? you speak for all illegals now?
you speak for mexicans now? you are the.. "know-all, tell-all" PRO?
Moderator cut: unnecessary comments

Last edited by da jammer; 02-10-2008 at 10:18 PM..

Old 02-10-2008, 09:34 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,588,459 times
Quote:
Sure they do, the advancement of their own cause regardless of how many laws they have to break to do it.

Old 02-10-2008, 10:07 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,806,587 times
You are seeing the mass exodus of citizens of poor countries coming to America as direct result of Amnesty... because they think they are going to get Amnesty after they come here illegally.... after all, there is an incentive... Amnesty without the wait or paperwork...

Old 02-10-2008, 10:07 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,940,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMan View Post
how do you know.. are you an illegal? you speak for all illegals now?
you speak for mexicans now? you are the.. "know-all, tell-all" PRO?
Moderator cut: unnecessary comments

My whole family is Mexican, are some illegal? sure. I listen in to their conversations and they're usually about work/lack of work.

Last edited by da jammer; 02-10-2008 at 10:18 PM..

Old 02-11-2008, 01:56 AM

407 posts, read 799,098 times
Quote:
Except to take what is not theirs and to push the Americans to the brink of war.

Old 02-11-2008, 01:57 AM

407 posts, read 799,098 times
Quote:
My whole family is Mexican, are some illegal? sure. I listen in to their conversations and they're usually about work/lack of work.
The fact that you don't turn them in shos that you are not a patriotic American.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:15 PM

5 posts, read 13,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
NAFTA, the actual treaty, was signed by HW Bush under his fast-track prerogative.

The Republican majority Congress didn't ratify the treaty until Clinton's term.

The U.S. House passed NAFTA with a narrow vote of 234-200 pushed through by Republican Representatives.

The vote breakdown was 132 Republicans and 102 Democrats voting in favor, 156 Democrats, 43 Republicans, and 1 independent against).

The U.S. Senate also passed NAFTA in a vote of 61-38, again with a Republican majority able to push it through by voting in favor of passage.

34 Republicans and 27 Democrats voting in favor, 28 Democrats and 10 Republicans voting against.

Clinton promoted the separate treaties, the North American Commission for Environmental Cooperation, NAAEC, and the North American Agreement on Labour Cooperation, NAALC.

As is clearly shown by the signing and the ratification votes, NAFTA is a Republican creation, ...despite efforts to blame Clinton for NAFTA, it is HW Bush, and the Republican majority Congress who 'own' NAFTA.

When we wish to show our appreciation for all the benefits of NAFTA, it's important we give our thanks to the 'right' folks.
So how was NAFTA been such a disaster? Our economy has grown and prospered for over a decade since the signing of NAFTA. Its not easy to quantify its direct impact, but it would be difficult to blame NAFTA on a sluggish economy, since the economy has been healthy by any historical standard.

Old 02-20-2008, 05:17 PM

5 posts, read 13,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
You are seeing the mass exodus of citizens of poor countries coming to America as direct result of Amnesty... because they think they are going to get Amnesty after they come here illegally.... after all, there is an incentive... Amnesty without the wait or paperwork...
And you know this to be a fact how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration