U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2014, 03:13 PM

3,729 posts, read 4,499,844 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emigrations View Post
If someone is here and their default condition is one of lawlessness, what's to assume they will ever be law-abiding?

EXACTLY !

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:14 PM

23,851 posts, read 19,155,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
How many laws to you break in a day? I bet the answer is more then 1.
Why do you insist on being intellectually dishonest? To compare something like speeding to breaking the immigration laws of a sovereign nation shows just how fundamentally disingenuous you folks really are.

16,701 posts, read 8,650,840 times
Quote:
So?

Illegal or legal, I welcome all immigrants. I just want them to pay taxes on their income. Only way to do that is to make them legal.

I've long been a proponent of opening an Ellis Island like facility on the border.
Sorry I have to laugh. You want them what? Pay taxes? I am sorry, that's just too funny!

1. They don't pay no stinky taxes.
2. They surely would enjoy welfare and medicare
3. They will take all your jobs away, starting with the minimum wage jobs.

So by welcoming illegals, you are essentially:

1. Pay less benefits to all Americans
2. Help more Americans to lose jobs.
3. Tax more on all Americans so that you can afford to pay unemployment and benefits in 1&2.

Not very smart if you are a American!

5,765 posts, read 2,963,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I wonder if a piece can come from Fox that doesn't portray illegals as some rabid animal barely tolerated until it's put down or sent to the pound.

How much does MSNBC pay you to post this stuff ???

Please show us one instance where FOX has portrayed illegals as rabid animals to be put down !

Old 07-01-2014, 03:15 PM

10,584 posts, read 7,970,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldCityWanderer View Post
I wonder if a piece can come from Fox that doesn't portray illegals as some rabid animal barely tolerated until it's put down or sent to the pound.
Why do you say that illegal aliens are "some rabid animal barely tolerated until it's put down or sent to the pound"?

No one else (including Fox) has described them that way. You are the only one.

Have you sought help for your strange attitude toward illegal aliens?

Old 07-01-2014, 03:15 PM

31,557 posts, read 14,591,651 times
Quote:
So?

Illegal or legal, I welcome all immigrants. I just want them to pay taxes on their income. Only way to do that is to make them legal.

I've long been a proponent of opening an Ellis Island like facility on the border.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:18 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,317,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
Migrant workers do back breaking jobs near where I lived when I was a teenager. They also made driving a nightmare during grape picking due to the fact they drove like crazy people and would leave the scene of the accident often times if they hit you. Not to mention they also jack up the price of insurance in California due to uninsured motorists. Yes, I am well aquainted with illegals behaviour in the San Joquain Valley.
I complained about driving tourists in Florida, but we didn't kick them out.

Thats just what the insurance company tells you, and you don't have to live in California.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:20 PM

24,889 posts, read 20,317,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Sorry I have to laugh. You want them what? Pay taxes? I am sorry, that's just too funny!

3. Tax more on all Americans so that you can afford to pay unemployment and benefits in 1&2.

They do pay taxes, when they buy things there is a sales tax, there is a gasoline tax, lots of taxes. I want them to pay income tax, SSI, and medicare taxes

Welfare is when you aren't working. If they aren't working, then they can leave.

No they aren't taking jobs away. Actually you pay significantly lower prices in the grocery store because of migrants and illegals.

The other things I said refute your last three points

Old 07-01-2014, 03:23 PM

3,729 posts, read 4,499,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post

Pretty clear ...

This might help for a few others

A lesson in irony.

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is actually proud of the fact it is distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please Do Not Feed the Animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

Old 07-01-2014, 03:32 PM

21,009 posts, read 15,307,070 times
Quote:
How many laws to you break in a day? I bet the answer is more then 1.
I probably do but my simple act of being on the soil of this country is not illegal. Why do people forget that illegal immigrants are precisely that - ILLEGAL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or