U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 04:13 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Most likely the parents of the dead child will sue the US for not having enough water stations in the desert and be awarded millions.
Yes -- that would not surprise me at all -- and the only real thing they'll care for is that they get their amnesty anyhow even though their DACA child didn't make it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2014, 04:48 PM

3,533 posts, read 2,170,235 times
The 9th circuit would happily give them class action status.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:21 AM

3,806 posts, read 4,997,057 times
Why are none of the folks going to San Francisco, DC, New York City, Boston, or any of the other places that are heavily in favor of open borders?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:31 AM

8,541 posts, read 5,260,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Why are none of the folks going to San Francisco, DC, New York City, Boston, or any of the other places that are heavily in favor of open borders?
Excellent question. I know that many of the proposed centers in NY were rejected. There's a thread here with a map of the centers (proposed, implemented and rejected) and the SW US, mostly the red states are the ones with the centers. The NE and mostly blue states have mostly rejected any centers in their states. The hypocrisy is very interesting.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:38 AM

3,806 posts, read 4,997,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Excellent question. I know that many of the proposed centers in NY were rejected. There's a thread here with a map of the centers (proposed, implemented and rejected) and the SW US, mostly the red states are the ones with the centers. The NE and mostly blue states have mostly rejected any centers in their states. The hypocrisy is very interesting.
Sounds less like hypocrisy and more the Dems trying to flood the electorate so they can never be defeated. Can we ship them to Gauntanamo and cut a hope in the fence so they can flood into Cuba?

Old 07-05-2014, 09:51 AM

8,541 posts, read 5,260,408 times
I wonder about the real purpose of this push to allow this flood of illegals into our borders. I have thought about the election issue but I think it goes deeper then that. Elections are too easy to control and even rig so while maybe elections are a piece of the puzzle, I think there is much more to it. I do think it relates to a larger agenda pertaining to globalization.

I think we need to just enforce the laws we have in place, secure the border and send these people home. I do sympathize with them and I understand why they have fled their countries of origin but we can't make policies based on feelings and letting them stay will have serious consequences for all of us so we have to send them back and enforce our laws.

I heard a snippet of a speech Obama made about this and he said something like, "Don't make it harder for the best and brightest to come here". I don't think he really believes that the "best and brightest" are the ones coming here illegally. That brings me back to my question of "why?" It goes deeper then elections.

Old 07-05-2014, 09:59 AM

877 posts, read 1,025,471 times
Quote:
I wonder about the real purpose of this push to allow this flood of illegals into our borders. I have thought about the election issue but I think it goes deeper then that. Elections are too easy to control and even rig so while maybe elections are a piece of the puzzle, I think there is much more to it. I do think it relates to a larger agenda pertaining to globalization.

I think we need to just enforce the laws we have in place, secure the border and send these people home. I do sympathize with them and I understand why they have fled their countries of origin but we can't make policies based on feelings and letting them stay will have serious consequences for all of us so we have to send them back and enforce our laws.

I heard a snippet of a speech Obama made about this and he said something like, "Don't make it harder for the best and brightest to come here". I don't think he really believes that the "best and brightest" are the ones coming here illegally. That brings me back to my question of "why?" It goes deeper then elections.
Republican or Democrat, I'd say they all want cheap laborers so that they can save money. Obviously with more uneducated immigrants, there are less outsiders to take skilled jobs and professions away (so their jobs aren't at risk, i.e politicians) but there will be a lot more folks who can work for them and whom their CEO/CFO friends can hire, while saving money.

Then it looks better than those major corporations outsourcing and sending jobs to China or wherever else.

The immigrants coming illegally have no education and they refuse to learn the language. Not sure what they have to contribute other than being underpaid

Old 07-05-2014, 11:45 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,241,247 times
Quote:

Obama also said in the same speech "these children on the boarder are the future of our county".

Old 07-05-2014, 12:35 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Obama also said in the same speech "these children on the boarder are the future of our county".
Lawbreaking peasants as our future? Please NO! We have enough "peasants" who ARE US citizens of ANY race.

Old 07-05-2014, 12:51 PM

11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
It is sad to see the invasion cheerleaders show up in this thread It's even sadder to see them denigrate the good people of Murrieta who get how much illegal immigration has damaged this country.

I'm assuming all those invasion cheerleaders have gotten in touch with the government and each of them have agreed to foster at least a dozen of these kids. Yet somehow I doubt it. Most invasion cheerleaders expect others to pick up the tab. In other words, they don't put their money where their mouths are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or