U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 10:02 PM

10,552 posts, read 6,027,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
High time we stand up. I have a poor relative who made it to Texas form a small village in Tamil Nadu with very little money to spare, and he went through the entire legal process. Why cant these immigrants do the same.
True. I know so many people who spent so much time and money doing things the right way. Why should illegals get a pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2014, 10:22 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,330,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Stopping a bus of illegal immigrants solves nothing, what is the solution.

Did they contact their elected representatives and hold them responsible
No, stopping a bunch of illegals hits the news and more and more people become pissed and want DC to take care of business as in deport their kind.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
To the "unbrainwashed" --- You seem to defend illegal immigration.

Did you know that the Puerto Rican government had to take the unprecedented step of declaring all Puerto Rico issued birth certificates null and void because so many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals? In fact, many Puerto Ricans who have been victimized by ID theft have even been arrested for crimes that they didn't commit. Now when native-born Puerto Ricans need a copy of their birth certificate, they have to jump through hoops to get a certified, secured copy.

Illegal aliens take jobs from unskilled Puerto Ricans not only on The Island but on the Mainland, too.

It is absolute nonsense to say that illegals are doing jobs that Americans refuse to do. You need to get out more and open your eyes. Even in immigrant-heavy cities, you will find American citizens cleaning the hotel rooms and working back of the house restaurant jobs. Try reading the Work and Employment forum here on CD. It is filled with stories from Americans who have trouble finding work, even minimum wage jobs.

majesticat is quite correct about meatpacking plants. At one time, they paid well enough to propel their workers into the lower middle class. When we got flooded with illegals, they depressed the wages and often workplace safety deteriorated.

OldGlory is quite correct. Back when ICE was allowed to raid workplaces, Americans did indeed line up to apply for these jobs.

Please be open-minded and do your research.
unbrainwashed IS "Puerto Rican" I think.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:30 PM

2,579 posts, read 1,607,087 times
I wish that everyone that defends this invasion and calls for open borders would be forced to take in at least five of these children and be financially responsible for them.

You'd see their tune change pretty quick.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I wish that everyone that defends this invasion and calls for open borders would be forced to take in at least five of these children and be financially responsible for them.

They won't IMHO.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
They won't IMHO.
If you mean they won't take them in, of course not. They just want all the government free hand outs for the illegals and everyone else to pay.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:32 PM

5,784 posts, read 3,110,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
As would the illegal aliens who claim they come here to "work." The only entitlement culture I see are the illegal invaders.
I would love it if just a reporter or two would ask these people how they will work without having a work permit. If you aren't legally here you won't get a permit.

Old 07-02-2014, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
I would love it if just a reporter or two would ask these people how they will work without having a work permit. If you aren't legally here you won't get a permit.
There are plenty of employers that look the other way or ignore the fact they are using stolen or forged social security numbers.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:14 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Especially the very young children now coming over the border by the thousands every day --- are these people so ignorant that they never heard of our child labor laws?

Actually they aren't -- many have no intention of working -- the main draw are the welfare handouts -- the free food, free health care, free housing and much much more.

Old 07-03-2014, 12:16 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,829,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post

It would be funny to see about 10 or 12 buses loaded up with these newly arrived illegals be taken to the Pelosi mansion and let Nancy use some of her billions of dollars to start providing the financial support of them. And another 12 or so buses could be sent to the White House and the Obamas can use some of their millions of dollars to feed, clothe and pay for their medical care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or