U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 07:18 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They need to go somewhere for the time being, they are kids. Beyond that they need to speed up the time it takes to deport and they need to hold Mexico accountable, they are complicit in allowing this to occur. This protest just consumed border control agents that are already undermanned if they wanted to protest it should be at their representatives office, better off wasting their time.
They need to go home.

What's very strange -- they will not do a thing about these Central American illegals -- but one non-Central American or Mexican steps over that border and something does get done about them.

Ukranian woman detained at border, thrown in maximum security prison - KFOX - El Paso Top Stories - Breaking News, Weather, and Traffic

Oleksandra Bronova and her American husband, Bryan Price, were trying to enter the United States from Mexico on Friday, but things didnít go according to plan.

Bronova is from southeast Ukraine in an area where heavy fighting and violence was taking place just blocks away from her apartment. She is a Cambridge graduate, is fluent in five languages and has no criminal history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2014, 07:23 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
I posted this on another thread and thought it would be appropriate here as well:

And here we have the typical California politician. Rep. Juan Vargas is supposed to represent Americans near the border, including El Centro where more of the illegals were sent.

Does he meet with his constituents to find out their concerns? No. He meets with the illegal alien children and tells us all that they're more afraid of the protesters than the murders back home.

Who keeps electing these morons?

Migrant children describe fear of facing protesters - 10News.com KGTV ABC10 San Diego
That's def a GOOD thing, being more scared of OUR protesters than the killers back home. If it was an illegal alien: I'd go back HOME! Sheesh!

Old 07-03-2014, 07:50 AM

12,975 posts, read 5,391,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
Please girl; as it stands we already have enough to worry about. Now you propose dumping illegals into our tiny overcrowded state and making everyday life for legal immigrants like me a nightmare .
All I'm saying is you guys voted for this, we didn't. We have far more illegals than you do. The president you guys voted for coordinated this invasion, and I don't think we should have to bear the full brunt of it. Actually, I'd far rather they either sent the kids back to their own countries, or put them in foster care rather than give them over to family here. Since that's not likely to happen, they need to be sent out of Texas because we are already filled up. We may have a large state, but it's also overcrowded and running out of water. Send them to Massachusetts, Minnesota, Illinois, and all the other blue states that voted for Barack Obama. If we don't send them north, people will continue to look the other way about this issue.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They need to go somewhere for the time being, they are kids. Beyond that they need to speed up the time it takes to deport and they need to hold Mexico accountable, they are complicit in allowing this to occur. This protest just consumed border control agents that are already undermanned if they wanted to protest it should be at their representatives office, better off wasting their time.
Mexico isn't the only one complicit in this thing. Hold the politicians in this country accountable as well. I can see the writing on the wall. These kids didn't cross Mexican borders without coordination with the United States government. It's exactly the sort of thing Obama and his people would do - have little kids come over here from non-contiguous countries because he knows the law passed in 2008 won't allow us to send them back to their own countries. Wake up, people! This thing's been planned for a long time.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:07 AM

16,438 posts, read 18,510,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Wake up, people! This thing's been planned for a long time.
You are 100% correct.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:12 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,690,207 times
Quote:
Mexico isn't the only one complicit in this thing. Hold the politicians in this country accountable as well. I can see the writing on the wall. These kids didn't cross Mexican borders without coordination with the United States government. It's exactly the sort of thing Obama and his people would do - have little kids come over here from non-contiguous countries because he knows the law passed in 2008 won't allow us to send them back to their own countries. Wake up, people! This thing's been planned for a long time.
True. First DACA was done so these people would know that smuggling children into the USA would be a good thing to do. That message was loud and clear -- put your children's lives at risk -- that's the surest way to get legal status for yourself.

They obviously have been informed that there will be no fence, no border agents there to stop them. They know there will be food stamps and many taxpayer provided handouts waiting for them. No one sends a 6 year old on a dangerous trip if they don't believe it's going to work out well.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:14 AM

8,541 posts, read 5,260,408 times
Quote:
I do believe you are right. What do you (or others) think the motive is behind this? It does appear that this was planned.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:20 AM

10,774 posts, read 5,079,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I do believe you are right. What do you (or others) think the motive is behind this? It does appear that this was planned.
You can only guess at 'motive' for Team Obama and their Cultists - but I'm guessing that part of it is the constant CHAOS and CRISIS. People are overloaded on the Crisis du Jour.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi from the Brunswicks View Post
No state should take up responsibility to support them. They shoud not be allowed north of Laredo without all the required paperwork. Turn them away, and let them go back where they belong.
Laredo is in Texas. While I absolutely agree with your sentiment, the Border Patrol agents are not allowed to turn them away because of a law that states that children who can claim they were abandoned by their parents or abused in some way can claim asylum and live here permanently. While most of these kids won't qualify under the law, it doesn't matter because the point was just to get here and not be turned away. Now they're handed over to family members here and won't show up at court dates. They're just waiting for amnesty, or intending to live and work here anyway since no one is going to deport them.

Here's the law if you want to read up on it:

Special Immigrant Juveniles (SIJ) Status | USCIS

Old 07-03-2014, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I think the motive is to overwhelm the system so he can demonize Republicans in the House for not passing immigration reform. Further, he knows it will make people upset and start protesting, and he can point to all those "racist" white people to enrage his base enough to go out and vote. He'll say these old white people are afraid of the browning of America. They'll have bus loads of blacks and Hispanics heading for the polls in a mid-term election when normally they stay home.

He's depending on the war within the conservative movement to prevent loads of conservatives from voting, because if an establishment candidate wins in a dirty manner such as Thad Cochran in Mississippi then the Tea Party folks will refuse to vote (and vice versa). Look at all those people who refused to vote for Mitt Romney because he wasn't conservative enough, even though it left us wide open for another four years of Barack Obama.

Other than that, he wants to overwhelm the system and get more people on the dole so we can move this country further to the left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or