U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2014, 10:50 PM

183 posts, read 157,937 times

Advertisements

This is from a story on KVOA News Chan4 in Tucson.....

The News 4 Tucson Investigators have reviewed financial disclosures that show a growth industry in the economy of sheltering unaccompanied immigrant children worth millions of dollars. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, which administers those contracts, has declined requests from the News 4 Tucson Investigators to explain how much it is spending of taxpayer money to pay for the children's' shelters.

Southwest Key, one of the few organizations in the country that can house unaccompanied immigrant kids show a non-profit that's been expanding across the country. In 2011, Southwest Key reported $62 million in revenue. By 2012, it reported $85 million in revenue. By 2013, Southwest Key's revenue was at $124 million.

"According to the group's IRS filing in 2012, Southwest Key had 64 programs nationwide and employed at least 1,000 employees. It's grown since then. Meanwhile, its president and CEO, Dr. Juan Sanchez, drew a salary of $264,000 in 2012."

THIS IS YOUR TAX DOLLARS AT WORK -

N4T Investigators: Sheltering unaccompanied migrant children a growing economy | KVOA.com | Tucson, Arizona
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2014, 10:57 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
Have these children been brought here to make up for all the abortions over the years. Just what is going on with our country. I consider the border situation is out of control and needs a military solution. The governors of Texas and Arizona are the only people I see who are showing any responsibility to American citizens.

When are we going to demand that all our tax dollars be accounted for on a website. We deserve to know where every penny of our tax dollars are going.

Old 07-01-2014, 11:09 PM

183 posts, read 157,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Have these children been brought here to make up for all the abortions over the years. Just what is going on with our country. I consider the border situation is out of control and needs a military solution. The governors of Texas and Arizona are the only people I see who are showing any responsibility to American citizens.

When are we going to demand that all our tax dollars be accounted for on a website. We deserve to know where every penny of our tax dollars are going.
The US government accountable to the American Citizens ! It will never happen !

BTW - NCN (country girl) 13,818 posts, read 11,216,552 times - Reputation: 15728 - Nice !!

Old 07-02-2014, 12:59 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
The national debt will have to be raised another few trillion dollars to even begin addressing this.

Old 07-02-2014, 02:14 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:

Your dang straight, and every American citizen, ought to have an interest in this subject. This will effect our children, and their children's future.

Charity should begin and end with helping American citizens who are in need before all others, our vets, our elderly, our homeless, and our shelters.

Can Americans as citizens, go to another Country take your pick, and do with what illegals do in ours. Would we be treated failry, think your know the answer. At least Texas and Arizona have the balls, yes I said it, to care about this issue.
Why should our hard earn dollars go to the cause of law breakers.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:48 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
In 2 years this one company has doubled it's revenue.
And in this stagnant economy no less.
And this company deals with illegals.

And we were told the borders "were never more secure".

Old 07-02-2014, 01:58 PM

23,602 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Quote:

Ugh please, I live in Texas. I was BORN and raised here. The government here isn't doing a damn thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or