Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:17 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

This is frightening.....
What do you think?

Medical staff warned: Keep your mouths shut about illegal immigrants or face arrest | Fox News

Old 07-02-2014, 06:21 AM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Liberals will whine its a phony scandal

Old 07-02-2014, 06:22 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
But Obreezey promised to run the most transparent administration ever??? He sounded sooo cool when he read the promise off the teleprompter. Surely if he finds out about doctors being forced into silence about diseases spreading at immigrant centers through the media, he'd be mad as heck. Just wait until he orders an investigation!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:23 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,364,880 times
In the USA we have something called HIPAA, you might want to look that up. I work at a hospital and every year I have to re-sign a HIPAA statement. There is a process to report this but going to the media is not it. EVERY individual treated in the USA has a right to privacy in regards to their healthcare.

While in theory HIPAA is for the most part a good thing, however I think it needs to be re-evaluated especially about those with mental health issues that could harm others.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:28 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,206 times
So if a doctor/nurse only recorded images of say decrepid infrastructure issues with no views of actual people, it would be legal?

Old 07-02-2014, 06:30 AM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
In the USA we have something called HIPAA, you might want to look that up. I work at a hospital and every year I have to re-sign a HIPAA statement. There is a process to report this but going to the media is not it. EVERY individual treated in the USA has a right to privacy in regards to their healthcare.

While in theory HIPAA is for the most part a good thing, however I think it needs to be re-evaluated especially about those with mental health issues that could harm others.
HIPPA protects the privacy of individual patients. In other words, medical providers can not say your neighbor Jeff Smith has HIV. It does not stop providers from discussing epidemics at their facilities or the risk they pose to the general public. Particularly criminals. You can find say statistics on the number of various illnesses, but not the particular patient. Hell, even non-criminal patients aren't given this privacy-news reports include things like the number of people with whooping cough or other contagious diseases every year.

This administration does more to protect criminals than they do law abiding American citizens.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:32 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,743,804 times
I'm pretty surprised to hear that there is a refugee camp at Lackland AFB in San Antonio, TX. If true then that is truly shocking and I'm glad these people spoke out about it as well as the conditions.

Quote:

What was reported was not in violation of HIPAA as the info was very general and no names or other identifiers were mentioned about the people with the medical issues.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:32 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,543,209 times
The administration IS criminal.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:33 AM

26,497 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:

HIPAA protects individuals. Hence why local news has more than once reported on local outbreaks on nearby colleges and etc of various things.

I hope that clarifies your misunderstanding.

Go with my route that Mr. Transparency will be mad as heck when he finds out about this through the media. At no point did the Obama Administration know what the Obama Administration was doing!

Old 07-02-2014, 06:34 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,191,640 times
Quote:

If this is used as a reason for the threats then we need to arrest the CDC as they do the same thing these doctors are doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration