U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 06:38 AM

4,585 posts, read 10,481,010 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
HIPPA protects the privacy of individual patients. In other words, medical providers can not say your neighbor Jeff Smith has HIV. It does not stop providers from discussing epidemics at their facilities or the risk they pose to the general public. Particularly criminals. You can find say statistics on the number of various illnesses, but not the particular patient. Hell, even non-criminal patients aren't given this privacy-news reports include things like the number of people with whooping cough or other contagious diseases every year.

This administration does more to protect criminals than they do law abiding American citizens.
I'm not saying they can't report it, as I said there is a process to report it, just not run to the media as the article stated. As a healthcare worker we sign all sorts of things just to work, the employee's at that facility needed to report it first up the chain of command, then to the health department if they feel there is an epidemic brewing.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:40 AM

8,542 posts, read 5,266,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
I'm not saying they can't report it, as I said there is a process to report it, just not run to the media as the article stated. As a healthcare worker we sign all sorts of things just to work, the employee's at that facility needed to report it first up the chain of command, then to the health department if they feel there is an epidemic brewing.
It sounds like they did report it as they were very concerned but their concerns were brushed off. It sounds like going to the media was a last resort. In no way does their action violate HIPAA laws.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:42 AM

12,263 posts, read 8,993,597 times
It's Obama's America, and it's become a very strange place to live. No wonder Democrats miss Bill Clinton so much. Libs turn themselves inside out to defend this reckless president and who the hell knows where we're going to end up.

Old 07-02-2014, 06:44 AM

10,471 posts, read 5,989,304 times
Scary stuff, this is one of many reasons countries have borders. I don't see this as a HIPAA issue if no one is identified personally. You can't arrest nurses and other staff members for a HIPAA violation anyway. Maybe the physicians can be arrested, if they actually disclose personal information and depending on the circumstances.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:01 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
This is not a HIPAA issue. These people are telling the press about the conditions in these "refugee camps" as some politicians want us to think this is a huge humanitarian effort now.

The government is covering up a huge mess of a problem.
And it's starting to look like it's been building for a while.

Companies that the government contract to that take care of these illegals are being reported by the press showing in the last 2 years they have doubled their revenue.

Two years ago was when stealth amnesty got passed by the pen.
And it just got renewed for another 2 years.

Word got down to these countries that no one will get detained, no one will get deported.
One can get a work permit and stay here and work for 2 years and now can continue to stay for another 2 years.

The majority of these people are illiterate. They cannot read. Only 32% of Hondurans have made it to 6th grade people.
They got "word of mouth" news. Entire villages are leaving to make the trek here now.
And if it weren't for the non-MSM news none of us would know much about any of this because the big boyz in the MSM aren't telling us much.

Old 07-02-2014, 07:44 AM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
This is not a HIPAA issue. These people are telling the press about the conditions in these "refugee camps" as some politicians want us to think this is a huge humanitarian effort now.

The government is covering up a huge mess of a problem.
And it's starting to look like it's been building for a while.

Companies that the government contract to that take care of these illegals are being reported by the press showing in the last 2 years they have doubled their revenue.

Two years ago was when stealth amnesty got passed by the pen.
And it just got renewed for another 2 years.

Word got down to these countries that no one will get detained, no one will get deported.
One can get a work permit and stay here and work for 2 years and now can continue to stay for another 2 years.

The majority of these people are illiterate. They cannot read. Only 32% of Hondurans have made it to 6th grade people.
They got "word of mouth" news. Entire villages are leaving to make the trek here now.
And if it weren't for the non-MSM news none of us would know much about any of this because the big boyz in the MSM aren't telling us much.
If ever we needed proof that amnesty and rewarding illegal aliens for coming here is what encourages more illegal immigration this is it!! If Obama truly cares about our own citizens he should call a public press conference and state that there will be no more talk of amnesty from this day forward.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:13 AM

71,504 posts, read 30,049,876 times
This goes way beyond an "immigration" issue. Its an attack on the free speech rights of American citizens.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:34 AM

7,963 posts, read 3,935,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
Liberals will whine its a phony scandal
I just think it's pathetic how all the fascist right wing extremists happily dig through dung piles to try to find anything to bash dictator Obama with! ROTFLMBO!

Not a single Obama basher would even think of going to Washington or even locally, to take part in a demonstration/protest to get the dictator impeached now would they?
All hot air talk,talk,talk,like John Boehner mini-mees!

Faux News for gawd's sake,nothing more credible? ROTFL,ROTFL,ROTFL!!!!

Old 07-02-2014, 08:36 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,259,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
In the USA we have something called HIPAA, you might want to look that up. I work at a hospital and every year I have to re-sign a HIPAA statement. There is a process to report this but going to the media is not it. EVERY individual treated in the USA has a right to privacy in regards to their healthcare.

While in theory HIPAA is for the most part a good thing, however I think it needs to be re-evaluated especially about those with mental health issues that could harm others.
I thought so to.

Then the FBI took my medical records......along with all of the other patients in the same office.

They still have them.

Old 07-02-2014, 08:38 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,259,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I just think it's pathetic how all the fascist right wing extremists happily dig through dung piles to try to find anything to bash dictator Obama with! ROTFLMBO!

Not a single Obama basher would even think of going to Washington or even locally, to take part in a demonstration/protest to get the dictator impeached now would they?
All hot air talk,talk,talk,like John Boehner mini-mees!
I was there in DC when the ACA bill was pasted into law.....along with many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or