Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 09:38 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The issue is that Obama says 1 thing and does another. You mentioned credibility, well his is shot. Will he use the 2 billion for border security or was that phrase thrown in there to get the money so he can use it for other things like reuniting illegals to their families? We have a President who in no way can be trusted to keep his word.
Do you remember when he said "Illegals will have to follow the same path as illegals"? Then he pushes for the Immigration reform bill which absolutely creates a new and separate path.
Do you remember when Obama said Illegals will have to get at the back of the line. No head of line pass for illegals"?
Well legals have to apply for a VISA to enter from the nation of origin. Legals then must wait to be approved for a VISA. Legals have to pass a background check. Legals can not have a criminal conviction in the USA. Legals can not use false documentation or claim to be legal residents. All these crimes will prevent a legal from getting a VISA in fact document fraud would get a legal deported. Yet illegals have violated these crimes and Obama seeks to reward them with a free pass.
How can anyone take Obama for his word?
Where is your proof of this outrageous claim?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:40 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Where is your proof of this outrageous claim?
Immigration Reform Bill. It in effect ignores these crimes and offers a path to citizenship.
Can you not pay your taxes for 5, or 10 years then make payments on it with no repercussions? Can you use a SSN not your own (document fraud) and not be arrested? Can a legal immigrant do these things and get a free pass? The Immigration reform bill absolutely gives a free pass on these crimes. I suggest you look up what is required of legal immigrants then compare it to the immigration reform bill.
here is a good start.
http://www.ehow.com/list_6383534_leg...uirements.html
now tell me how the immigration reform bill does not give a free pass to illegals.
Remember the Obama admin released 36,000 illegals from prison rather than deport them.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Immigration Reform Bill. It in effect ignores these crimes and offers a path to citizenship.
Can you not pay your taxes for 5, or 10 years then make payments on it with no repercussions? Can you use a SSN not your own (document fraud) and not be arrested? Can a legal immigrant do these things and get a free pass? The Immigration reform bill absolutely gives a free pass on these crimes. I suggest you look up what is required of legal immigrants then compare it to the immigration reform bill.
WHAT IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL, Since none has been yet passed?!!!!!!

Old 07-02-2014, 09:50 AM

Quote:
here is a good start.
Legal Immigration Requirements | eHow
now tell me how the immigration reform bill does not give a free pass to illegals.
Remember the Obama admin released 36,000 illegals from prison rather than deport them.
Right and which fascist right wing extremist source made That BS claim?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
WHAT IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL?
Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse? The bill Obama is constantly crying about that the House won't pass.
I won't do all your home work for you. It is a bad piece of legislation that is an illegals dream come true.
Look for S.744 read it then compare it to what legals must do. Compare it to what bar legals are held to.

Old 07-02-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Right and which fascist right wing extremist source made That BS claim?
This one.
ICE Document Details 36,000 Criminal Alien Releases in 2013 | Center for Immigration Studies
Oh snap Obama really did it. Is he a fascist right wing extremists or is ICE the right wing extremists?

Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Are you intentionally trying to be obtuse? The bill Obama is constantly crying about that the House won't pass.
I won't do all your home work for you. It is a bad piece of legislation that is an illegals dream come true.
Look for S.744 read it then compare it to what legals must do. Compare it to what bar legals are held to.
As you just said,the bill that has not even been passed yet people like you like to imply that it already has been passed! And just what are all those crying like you,DOING to make sure that it does not pass? Or have any of you even read it? I think not!

You all believe everything Faux News,Glenn Beck,Rush Limbaugh and John Boehner say!

It just really irks me when people try to mislead others with HALF-TRUTHS,or blatant lies.

FYI~ I did read it... and saw absolutely no such BS in it!
Tell me where in the bill does it say that none of these things will be required any longer?
http://www.ehow.com/list_6383534_leg...uirements.html

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 07-02-2014 at 10:18 AM..

Old 07-02-2014, 10:08 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
OH and BTW
Don't think for one minute this is not welcomed by the democrats. Eventually they will make it clear to these illegals that they took them in and the bad and evil conservatives wanted to stop them from coming and wanted to let them die in their home countries. Wala! 90,000 democratic votes. Along with all the latest liberal hand out policies, this country will be fundamentally transformed just like Barack wanted. And you think for one minute it will be for the better? Has all reasoning just gone out the window? Not to mention this is a great advantage to keep the heat off Benghazi and the IRS debacle.

Old 07-02-2014, 10:20 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Correct.
The authorities have a responsibility to alert the public to a danger, not cover it up and hope for the best.

One can only hope that the American public starts to get this....seriously....

Old 07-02-2014, 10:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
WHAT IMMIGRATION REFORM BILL, Since none has been yet passed?!!!!!!
The Senate passed a bill and the House refuses to look at it. The House passed a bill and the Senate refuses to look at it.

Given the state of our government the Senate version will probably be the one that Obama EO's into law.

I suggest you read the Senate bill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration