U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 10:02 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,285,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I don't don't know how to answer your question. Might be to research how much aid we give these countries and get tough with them.
Of course you don't know how to answer because you haven't thought it through. When people ask me what I would do about world hunger my answer is nothing. That may sound cruel and they ask what about these millions of hungry people we could help, my answer is what about the millions more hungry mouths you are going to create?

The same thing applies here and to expect that this flood of children is not going to increase if you allow the ones already here to stay is simply not rational. They are here right now becsue they are under the impression they can stay and if you allow them to stay what message are you sending to others? Let's assume I'm correct. I didn't ask what you would do to stop the flood, I asked what is your plan if millions more show up?

Last edited by thecoalman; 07-03-2014 at 10:10 AM..

37,998 posts, read 18,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I know several people who are paying too many taxes and they are angry!
Yep, and don't forget losing our insurance even though we liked our insurance and now our insurance costs have skyrocketed and now they think we should pay for more people?

10,157 posts, read 9,907,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
That much money will surely solve the problem of no water, pollution, traffic on the roads, medical care being stretched to the limit, and overcrowding.
Look at not just one but all of us. Someone is sure benefiting from it aren't they. Define who they are and go after them.

8,542 posts, read 5,264,452 times
Quote:
I know one guy that has a rough in crew and he doesn't complain that i know of.

Enforce the laws over hiring illegals will be a great help.
Ask him. I'm curious what you would think if the wages in your particular industry were lowered due to an influx of illegals who are more then willing to do your job for a reduced wage?

If we open the borders but then turn around and not allow anyone to hire illegals then who will pay for their care? The welfare system?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
We all have benefited from cheaper vegetable prices.
Migrants being allowed temporary work visas seemed to work just fine.

NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,129,613 times
Quote:
Including those who died because the migrate workers used the bathroom on the lettuce head and they died because of it? I would be willing to pay more for uncontaminated food. Or the lady who died from eating a salad that had been prepared with a knife that a restaurant worker used to kill a goat after hours and neglected to wash the blood off it.

We managed better before they came. We would do just fine if they left. Face it! America does not need one of these illegals. America would be better off without them.

3,849 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Quote:
Our schools, roads, jails, prisons and other infrastructure hasn't. Neither has our taxes.

What's your point?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:05 AM

3,031 posts, read 2,863,759 times
[quote=Versatile;35496685]I am quite sure i will get attacks for this thread. SO WHAT!

The children are here and imo sending them back will results in quite a few innocent children dying.

It's a problem... one can have compassion, but also know it's just not practical to take in every everyone.
There are millions of children around the world right now that are in dire conditions. Africa anyone?

What choice do I have but to go north?

Well, that's just it isn't it? Without a fence it's must easier than those stuck behind the moat of the Atlantic and the Pacific. Although that didn't stop some who were desperate... the Vietnamese boat people braved treacherous conditions to escape the hell of what was going on there, but it still thwarts those who would love to get here. Makes it much harder.

One of the problems I have with illegal immigration is that it's so unfair to so many people elsewhere in the world. They are cutting in line; jumping the cue.

I believe a fence IS the compassionate solution. The border is out of control. As long as the flood of illegal aliens are overwhelming our resources and causing all this controversy and resentment, we'll never be able to focus on long term solutions. It's like if a pipe broke in a house and causing water to rush in without stopping the break. Instead we just keep grabbing more mops and towels running around, what do we do what do we do? Fix the broken pipe first!

I also believe if we stop out of control illegal immigration we may even be able to let more LEGAL applicants in from around the world.

(BTW, my husband legally immigrated here 15 years ago. We're very aware and survived the dysfunction of the bureaucracy that handles these things.)

Old 07-03-2014, 10:06 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,907,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Of course you don't know how to answer because you haven't thought it through. When people ask me what I would do about world hunger my answer is nothing. That may sound cruel and they ask what about these millions of hungry people we could help, my answer is what about the millions more hungry mouths you are going to create?

The same thing applies here and to expect that this flood of children is not going to increase if you allow the ones already here to stay is simply not rational. Let's assume I'm correct, what is your plan if millions more show up?
This would go directly against my Christian values. I see so many around here talking Christian values in regards to Muslims but i see none being expressed about Hispanics.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Look at not just one but all of us. Someone is sure benefiting from it aren't they. Define who they are and go after them.
So we should all chip in an extra $600 a year to support other people's families in addition to all of the other taxes we already pay?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or