U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:01 AM

47,316 posts, read 24,627,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Let the bleeding liberals pay it.

I already pay way too much. Next thing you know they'll have me living in 3rd world living standard.
No really...you actually don't.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 AM

8,542 posts, read 5,264,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sadly for me? I'm not sad at all. In fact, i'm quite happy.

My roomates? Screw'em. When their ancestors came here, it was their "opportunity to survive," (per thread title) but now, they wanna deny that same opportunity to others just because the country of origin doesn't tickle their fancy.

Well, too bad. This should be their new home. That's what America is all about.
A very dangerously naïve proposal. Think about the consequences of what you are proposing. Really think long and think hard.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:03 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,907,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The story from the WH has changed so you need to keep up.
This administration changes their stories as the winds shift.

They are now blaming the drug cartels for spreading rumors of amnesty.
And the WH didn't address why local TV stations in these countries were talking about amnesty in the US.

The WH is now saying they are coming due to mis-information spread in their countries that the US is giving them citizenship.

Immigrant Surge Fueled by Rumors, Misinformation | The Texas Tribune
Three weeks ago, the Obama administration labeled this surge of undocumented immigrants a “humanitarian crisis,” calling the migrants refugees from violence and poverty. That tone has since shifted.
The U.S. ambassador to Mexico, Earl Anthony Wayne, said criminal groups in Central America are spreading “misinformation” about U.S. immigration policy in order to lure more migrants north. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson has publicly warned Central Americans against the myth that migrants will receive a free pass to stay if they make it into the country.

I read that it was the coyotes that are doing it. What is in it for the Cartels?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:05 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,129,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So this is all Reagan's fault.

I figured someone would have to find a Republican to blame for all this.
Amnesty under Reagan was wrong and should never have happened. In that way he is to blame. We need immigration enforcement not immigration reform. There is nothing wrong with our immigration laws now. They have worked for years. The problem is they are not being enforced. Anyone aiding these invaders should be charged with treason including the president. If not stopped they will be the destruction of our country. Wake up America.

I am a Republican, I am not for all the influx, and I agree it is the fault of both parties this is happening. We are all to blame because we didn't stop it. My husband said last night that not one politician in D. C. cares that all these people are coming in or they would do something about it. They want an international country and to do that they have to lower wages in the USA to match other countries. They want cheap maids and gardeners and factory workers and Walmart and McDonald employees.

I see a revolution in our future which is the only thing that will stop this. Isn't it sad our government is helping people invade us instead of listening to its own citizens? It is my opinion he is right and D. C. is not going to change anything until we all hit the streets and let them know how we feel. I would suggest a letter or e-mail to your representatives first. Too bad we didn't think of it before the Fourth and it could have happened that day.

So this is what I have to say to our government: No entry, no new citizenships until Marshall Law is enacted and our military clears the country of all who are not citizens, close the border tightly and shoot anyone trying to sneak in. If you won't do your job, our citizens should have a right to protect OUR country. I WANT MY COUNTRY BACK!

Last edited by NCN; 07-03-2014 at 09:20 AM..

Old 07-03-2014, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sadly for me? I'm not sad at all. In fact, i'm quite happy.

My roomates? Screw'em. When their ancestors came here, it was their "opportunity to survive," (per thread title) but now, they wanna deny that same opportunity to others just because the country of origin doesn't tickle their fancy.

Well, too bad. This should be their new home. That's what America is all about.

I agree. Some should remember what it says on the Statue of Liberty.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
A very dangerously naïve proposal. Think about the consequences of what you are proposing. Really think long and think hard.
People thought the same thing when your ancestors arrived.

America can survive taking in lost children.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:09 AM

24,843 posts, read 31,253,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
These invaders did not pass by the Statue of Liberty.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:10 AM

Quote:
What is says on the Statue of Liberty is only for Europeans...didn't you know that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am a Republican, I am not for all the influx, and I agree it is the fault of both parties this is happening. We are all to blame because we didn't stop it. My husband said last night that not one politician in D. C. cares that all these people are coming in or they would do something about it. They want an international country and to do that they have to lower wages in the USA to match other countries. They want cheap maids and gardeners and factory workers and Walmart and McDonald employees.

I see a revolution in our future which is the only thing that will stop this. Isn't it sad our government is helping people invade us instead of listening to its own citizens. It is my opinion he is right and D. C. is not going to change anything until we all hit the streets and let them know how we feel. I would suggest a letter or e-mail to your representatives first. Too bad we didn't think of it before the Fourth and it could have happened that day.
We have all enjoyed the labor these people have done for us over the years. Seems to me the scales are starting to balance. Romney has sure enjoyed the money from the rich families that supported death squads.

37,072 posts, read 38,285,292 times
Quote:
First is :what to do with those we have? Do you approve of sending back children that we know will get killed?

And when a million more of them show up you'll still be using this same argument. Yes I approve, you have send a message to put a stop to this. You need to consider the consequences of your actions and the consequences here if you allow them to stay are going to be enormous.

There is something like 100 million people born into poverty each year and when I say poverty it's no where comparable to the poverty here in the US. Where are you going to draw the line?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or