U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 10:25 AM

10,157 posts, read 9,935,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Somebody has to pick the tomatoes. The argument about Americans not wanting those jobs is BS becsue the wage will increase until someone takes the job. Now they are involved in taking jobs in all kinds of industries like really good paying jobs in the construction industry. Certainly the companies hiring them are partly to blame but on the other hand they need to do that to stay competitive.
Democrats and Liberal are always taking heat and then we have this subject. Dem and Liberals along with Repubs all enjoyed the quality and cheapness of the vegetables but it is Republicans that hire them.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:29 AM

8,547 posts, read 5,290,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
The same way you could afford to invade, then attempt to fix Iraq and Afghanistan. You found the money for that, didn't you?

Where'd the money for that 600 million dollar embassy in Baghdad (that we might soon be abandoning) come from? Found that money too, right?

You found that money...you'll find this money.
Nope, we are just running on fumes. Massive debt. I would not have chosen to do any of the things that you are talking about in your post.

You are however are proposing that we open the borders so can you provide details of how this would work? Can you answer my questions instead of deflecting.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:30 AM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,183,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
I agree. Some should remember what it says on the Statue of Liberty.
If you agree with this then you are also agreeing with their coming in according to immigration laws. That's how they came. They stayed on Ellis Island until they were checked out. I am hearing about many people getting ill. These people are threatening our health. I don't blame anyone for trying to get in. I blame our government for aiding them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post

You totally miss the boat and want to kick the can down the road like your buddy Obama.

The real question everyone is asking you???
How many illegals are you willing to throw open the doors of your private residence for? If you are willing to share the wealth of this country with criminals why not start at your place? You can provide clothing, food and shelter to a group of down and out disease ridden people thinking you are their Messiah. What a power grab that would be. Just think of it...a family of 7 could share your bedroom while you camp out in the living room. Happy, happy, joy, joy!
I already stated that i would be glad to pay an additional $50.00 per moth.

37,072 posts, read 38,424,597 times
Quote:
.... but it is Republicans that hire them.
LOL, only Republicans own tomato farms and construction companies?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
How? Give some details of how our country could support millions upon millions of poor uneducated people coming into our country? Will they utilize public services such as Medicaid, food stamps, public schools? Will they pay taxes? What types of jobs will they do? Who's jobs will they take? I want details of how we can afford your plan.
Use those Fema camps. You first go there and get educated or you stay there.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:32 AM

37,072 posts, read 38,424,597 times
Versatile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
I said send them back.

Now answer my question. Where are you going to draw the line? If you allow these kids to stay and a million more show up in the next couple of months what is your plan then?
So? What's your plan?

NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,183,892 times
Quote:
Democrats and Liberal are always taking heat and then we have this subject. Dem and Liberals along with Repubs all enjoyed the quality and cheapness of the vegetables but it is Republicans that hire them.
And it is the middle class that pays for their housing, food, and medical care while the companies rake up the profits. The load on the shoulders of the middle class is too heavy. When our backs break the country will collapse.

8,547 posts, read 5,290,015 times
Quote:
I already stated that i would be glad to pay an additional $50.00 per moth.
You paying $50 a month isn't going to provide for even one illegal's expenses so I'm not sure how this would be a good plan for the millions that will be coming across the borders once they realize that they can.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:33 AM

47,314 posts, read 24,718,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Nope, we are just running on fumes. Massive debt. I would not have chosen to do any of the things that you are talking about in your post.

You are however are proposing that we open the borders so can you provide details of how this would work? Can you answer my questions instead of deflecting.
No one would've chosen to do any of the things i talked about.

Except that, EVERYONE (or damn near everyone) DID choose to do those things and now deny doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or