Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 08:49 AM

3,515 posts, read 3,685,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Let the children stay right here. That's what i'd do. This should be their new home.

How many are you personally going to take into your home?

Old 07-03-2014, 08:50 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually I blame LBJ for all his "Great Society" programs.

Welfare programs is what drives the abject poor in all these countries to come here illegally.
Not the way i read it. Most come here to escape death or being forced into a gang or prostitution and hunger and continuing poverty beyond their control.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:50 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,032,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
The children are here and imo sending them back will results in quite a few innocent children dying.
And when 100K, 500K or millions more come knocking becsue you let them stay?

The reason they are coming in the first place is becsue they are under the impression they will get to stay, what kind of signal does that send to the millions of others who are still in these countries thinking about it?

Old 07-03-2014, 08:51 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,234,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I pay enough taxes already. So how about you pay my share and pay $100

How long do you give it before they would demand more?
I gladly offer to help and you attack so childishly.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,723,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And when 100K, 500K or millions more come knocking becsue you let them stay?

The reason they are coming in the first place is becsue they are under the impression they will get to stay, what kind of signal does that send to the millions of others who are still in these countries thinking about it?
Dinesh D'Souza movie Obama's America 2016 predicted that Obama would do this.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:52 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,388,633 times
Quote:
I would gladly pay an additional $50.00 per month in taxes to help them out. No need for them to go to anyone's homes at all. Turn those Fema camps into housing and schools for them.
You'd probably like to force everyone else to, also. Whether they like it or not, under the threat of incarceration. Everyone except for illegals, that is.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:53 AM

26,660 posts, read 13,733,915 times
Quote:
I would gladly pay an additional $50.00 per month in taxes to help them out. No need for them to go to anyone's homes at all. Turn those Fema camps into housing and schools for them.
Well, not everyone is willing or able to pay an extra $50 per month in taxes to help them out, nor should they be asked to. That's actually a large tax to ask for. I am unsure if you realize the long term economic impact of opening up the borders. What do you think happens to a country that imports impoverished people by the truckload? How do you think it impacts wages for industries such as construction? Think about it. It may sound like the nice thing to do but the consequences of opening up the border have serious and very severe repercussions for everyone in this country.

56,988 posts, read 35,185,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
There must be someone you can contact to take a few......I'll check on that for you.
You do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Are you inviting them to stay with you in your home? If so that is very generous of you to feed, clothe and house all of these people. Best of luck with that.
Yep. America is my home.
Quote:
Will you both volunteer to pay for them.

Anyone willing to give up their welfare to help these people out?
Yep. I'm willing to put the full weight of the United States government behind these people to help them readjust.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually I blame LBJ for all his "Great Society" programs.

Welfare programs is what drives the abject poor in all these countries to come here illegally.
Is that what enticed your ancestors to come here?

If not, then why would you assume that about others.
Quote:
I pay enough taxes already. So how about you pay my share and pay $100

How long do you give it before they would demand more?
I doubt that very seriously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juram View Post
How many are you personally going to take into your home?
As many as want to stay here.

8,610 posts, read 7,889,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post

Let the children stay right here. That's what i'd do. This should be their new home.
You and other bleeding hearts should put up or shut up.
How about you taking into YOUR homes about a dozen of the darlings with diseases we quit vaccinating for years ago? It's only a dozen mouths to feed and you surely have the money for clothing and other such needs. They come here because of a false notion Americans such as yourelf are rich.

Who is to house/feed the hoardes if this is to be "their new home"? This country is letting it's own suffer, why extend a hand to criminals?

Old 07-03-2014, 08:55 AM

24,832 posts, read 37,334,167 times
Quote:
Not the way i read it. Most come here to escape death or being forced into a gang or prostitution and hunger and continuing poverty beyond their control.
I have spent a lot of time in Honduras.

Yes...it is that bad.......for some.

Not for others.......there is very few middle class.....you have money...or, not.

Just like the USA is heading now.

Letting illegals stay will move us closer to the third world culture.

Is that what you want???

If so.....good.....I will be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration