Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 09:55 AM

41,111 posts, read 25,589,367 times

Advertisements

In the mold of ‘Rules for Radicals’ Saul Alinsky, the federal government is playing on the sensibilities of good-natured Americans in subverting the nation’s laws.

He said the embrace of de facto amnesty is a way to “exploit the goodness … of ordinary Americans” who are genuinely concerned for the foreigners who show up at our border.

One of Alinsky’s (Obama's) methods of reshaping a person’s opinion is to “constantly shame him and make him do what you want.”

“Obama is encouraging people to show up at the border with arms outstretched,” he concluded. “This is then used as a pretext for violating our immigration laws.”

Old 07-03-2014, 09:57 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,775,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
I pay enough taxes already. So how about you pay my share and pay $100

How long do you give it before they would demand more?
Me as well, you can pay my $50. They already take almost half my income in various federal and state taxes and fees. How much more should I have to give?

12,282 posts, read 13,171,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
And when 100K, 500K or millions more come knocking becsue you let them stay?

The reason they are coming in the first place is becsue they are under the impression they will get to stay, what kind of signal does that send to the millions of others who are still in these countries thinking about it?

First is :what to do with those we have? Do you approve of sending back children that we know will get killed?

So that is why Obama is constantly attacking anyone who doesn't agree with him. He is trying to shame them into obedience.

One of Alinsky’s (Obama's) methods of reshaping a person’s opinion is to “constantly shame him and make him do what you want.”

26,648 posts, read 13,606,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yep. America is my home.
Well sadly for you, you have a lot of roommates who don't agree with you and who can see the long term implications of your short sighted plan.

57,022 posts, read 35,021,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
You and other bleeding hearts should put up or shut up.
How about you taking into YOUR homes about a dozen of the darlings with diseases we quit vaccinating for years ago? It's only a dozen mouths to feed and you surely have the money for clothing and other such needs. They come here because of a false notion Americans such as yourelf are rich.

Who is to house/feed the hoardes if this is to be "their new home"? This country is letting it's own suffer, why extend a hand to criminals?
I am taking them into my home...my home is called America. And i'm willing to put the full resources of this country at a cost to me via my taxes to let them stay here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I have spent a lot of time in Honduras.

Yes...it is that bad.......for some.

Not for others.......there is very few middle class.....you have money...or, not.

Just like the USA is heading now.

Letting illegals stay will move us closer to the third world culture.

Is that what you want???

If so.....good.....I will be fine.
Nah...that's just where you live.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:58 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,169,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Not the way i read it. Most come here to escape death or being forced into a gang or prostitution and hunger and continuing poverty beyond their control.
The story from the WH has changed so you need to keep up.
This administration changes their stories as the winds shift.

They are now blaming the drug cartels for spreading rumors of amnesty.
And the WH didn't address why local TV stations in these countries were talking about amnesty in the US.

The WH is now saying they are coming due to mis-information spread in their countries that the US is giving them citizenship.

Immigrant Surge Fueled by Rumors, Misinformation | The Texas Tribune
Three weeks ago, the Obama administration labeled this surge of undocumented immigrants a “humanitarian crisis,” calling the migrants refugees from violence and poverty. That tone has since shifted.
The U.S. ambassador to Mexico, Earl Anthony Wayne, said criminal groups in Central America are spreading “misinformation” about U.S. immigration policy in order to lure more migrants north. Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson has publicly warned Central Americans against the myth that migrants will receive a free pass to stay if they make it into the country.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Me as well, you can pay my $50. They already take almost half my income in various federal and state taxes and fees. How much more should I have to give?
Let the bleeding liberals pay it.

I already pay way too much. Next thing you know they'll have me living in 3rd world living standard.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:00 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,171,783 times
For those that don't know about the DEATH SQUADS and how Romney got a piece of the action.

Mitt Romney Started Bain Capital With Money From Families Tied To Death Squads

By 1984, the media had thoroughly exposed connections between the death squads and the Salvadoran oligarchy, including the families that invested with Romney. The sitting U.S. ambassador to El Salvador charged that several families, including at least one that invested with Bain, were living in Miami and directly funding death squads. Even by 1981, El Salvador's elite, largely relocated to Miami, were so angered by the public perception that they were financing death squads that they reached out to the media to make their case. The two men put forward to represent the oligarchs were both from families that would invest in Bain three years later. The most cursory review of their backgrounds would have turned up the ties.

Old 07-03-2014, 10:00 AM

57,022 posts, read 35,021,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Well sadly for you, you have a lot of roommates who don't agree with you and who can see the long term implications of your short sighted plan.
Sadly for me? I'm not sad at all. In fact, i'm quite happy.

My roomates? Screw'em. When their ancestors came here, it was their "opportunity to survive," (per thread title) but now, they wanna deny that same opportunity to others just because the country of origin doesn't tickle their fancy.

Well, too bad. This should be their new home. That's what America is all about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration