Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2014, 02:41 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Not going to happen.
You can send more if you want.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:44 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
You can send more if you want.
What makes you think that people who already pay a significant portion of their income in taxes are going to sign up for paying an extra $50 per month more every month to feed, house, clothe and provide medical care to a new group of people who cannot support themselves. Why are you so free with other people's money? If you want to help then help.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:49 PM

22,448 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
People thought the same thing when your ancestors arrived.

America can survive taking in lost children.
You need to wake up and realize that it is NOT 1900 anymore. Back then, we had lots of room to expand. Plus we were largely an agrarian and industrial society meaning that illiterate (both Americans and immigrants) could find work.

It's now 2014. We have over 300 million people and are running out of potable water and buildable land.

Do you have kids? If so, it is very selfish of you to encourage mass illegal immigration.

I love how you want the entire country to take in these kids. Yet, you personally, refuse to foster any of them. How selfish of you. Practice what you preach and take a few dozen kids into YOUR home---literally, your home, you know, the house or apartment where you personally reside.

Old 07-03-2014, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
What makes you think that people who already pay a significant portion of their income in taxes are going to sign up for paying an extra $50 per month more every month to feed, house, clothe and provide medical care to a new group of people who cannot support themselves. Why are you so free with other people's money? If you want to help then help.
WAKE UP WOULD YA? Yes i offered to pay an additional $50.00 per month. No that isn't going to happen. I just said that to show that i would be in favor of that if we ALL did. I am not being free with anyone's money.
I did get a laugh about how you guys got upset that i would be glad to help out more if the rest did.
We are going to support the minor children that are alone whether anyone likes it or not.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
WAKE UP WOULD YA? Yes i offered to pay an additional $50.00 per month. No that isn't going to happen. I just said that to show that i would be in favor of that if we ALL did. I am not being free with anyone's money.
I did get a laugh about how you guys got upset that i would be glad to help out more if the rest did.
We are going to support the minor children that are alone whether anyone likes it or not.
If anyone needs to "wake up", it is you.

You paying an extra $50/month isn't even a drop in the bucket.

If you really want to help out, open up your private residence and you personally bear the costs for supporting at least a dozen or more of these kids. You feed, clothe, shelter and pay for their medical care. Give the ones who are 16 or older your SSN so that they can find work. The law says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. Just be prepared for the consequences of seeing your credit rating destroyed.

I'm sure that you will gladly put your money where your mouth is as your heart bleeds for these kids. Right? Get in touch with the government and tell them to send a dozen of them to your address.

Have you heard the expression "Charity starts at home?" Do you know what it means? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. After we do that, if we still have money, we help others. We have millions of our own kids (American citizens) who are homeless and are living in poverty. We have veterans who need health care and jobs. Our own suffering citizens come first and foremost.

Another suggestion for you --- Pack your bags and move to either Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador and devote your own time and money caring for people there.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If anyone needs to "wake up", it is you.

You paying an extra $50/month isn't even a drop in the bucket.

If you really want to help out, open up your private residence and you personally bear the costs for supporting at least a dozen or more of these kids. You feed, clothe, shelter and pay for their medical care. Give the ones who are 16 or older your SSN so that they can find work. The law says it's okay if someone uses your SSN as long as they don't use your name with it. Just be prepared for the consequences of seeing your credit rating destroyed.

I'm sure that you will gladly put your money where your mouth is as your heart bleeds for these kids. Right? Get in touch with the government and tell them to send a dozen of them to your address.

Have you heard the expression "Charity starts at home?" Do you know what it means? It means that we take care of our own first and foremost. After we do that, if we still have money, we help others. We have millions of our own kids (American citizens) who are homeless and are living in poverty. We have veterans who need health care and jobs. Our own suffering citizens come first and foremost.

Another suggestion for you --- Pack your bags and move to either Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador and devote your own time and money caring for people there.
I AGREE THAT ONLY $50.00 by one person won't mean spit. If we all did it would be a great thing. Reread my posts and you will see why i said that. Were everyone to do it i would be all for it. I haven't told anyone to take in anyone. Why don't you practice what you preach?

You go where ever you want and so will i. Some are saying that Dems/libs are always telling people what to do. You are doing that very thing. Tuff on you that you don't like it.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:09 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,730,981 times
Quote:
Wake up? I am actually more awake then you seem to be regarding this situation. If you want to pitch in your $50 then do it. Why are you only going to do it if others do it with you? Take some personal responsibility. Walk the walk.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:13 PM

Quote:
This would go directly against my Christian values. I see so many around here talking Christian values in regards to Muslims but i see none being expressed about Hispanics.
Your "Christian values"? Really? If you have such great "Christian values", then why are you refusing to take a dozen of so of these kids into your private residence? Or why are you refusing to pack your bags and move to either Guatemala, El Salvador or Honduras and work with the residents?

Old 07-03-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
I AGREE THAT ONLY $50.00 by one person won't mean spit. If we all did it would be a great thing. Reread my posts and you will see why i said that. Were everyone to do it i would be all for it. I haven't told anyone to take in anyone. Why don't you practice what you preach?

You go where ever you want and so will i. Some are saying that Dems/libs are always telling people what to do. You are doing that very thing. Tuff on you that you don't like it.
In other words, you are just deflecting and refuse to put your money where your mouth is. Got it.

You're one to talk---you are telling everybody to give $50/month to take care of these people.

Old 07-03-2014, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Your "Christian values"? Really? If you have such great "Christian values", then why are you refusing to take a dozen of so of these kids into your private residence? Or why are you refusing to pack your bags and move to either Guatemala, El Salvador or Honduras and work with the residents?
Personal attacks are not permitted.

Last edited by Versatile; 07-03-2014 at 03:20 PM.. Reason: to remove TROLL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration