U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2014, 07:51 PM

3,147 posts, read 2,813,278 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's best to put Xander on ignore. Not only is he hateful and hostile, he acts like he is superior and knows everything. For someone who claims to have an economics degree from an ivy league school, he is very close-minded and refuses to learn.
Says the guy who has been invited to actually post verifiable evidence to his claims over and over, but has ignored every request.

Old 07-05-2014, 07:54 PM

11,497 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You do not need a degree at all to be successful.....I did just fine by barely making it out of HS.

His degree means nothing to me......and IMO....not much to the other posters.
Quite true. There are lots of people like you, Driller, who didn't get a degree and are doing very well. Yes, his degree means nothing to me either.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:01 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,767,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's best to put Xander on ignore. Not only is he hateful and hostile, he acts like he is superior and knows everything. For someone who claims to have an economics degree from an ivy league school, he is very close-minded and refuses to learn.
I think I will take your advice. People who cannot have a civil debate, who parrot "bigot" when their views on a subject are different than others tend to be tiring to deal with.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
I think I will take your advice. People who cannot have a civil debate, who parrot "bigot" when their views on a subject are different than others tend to be tiring to deal with.
LOL @ running away from a debate you are losing. Don't want to be called a bigot, don't say that hearing a private conversation in another language is annoying. You are showing unwarranted bias against another culture, that is bigotry.

Saying, "I don't give a crap" is not being uncivilized, it is speaking frankly.

But yeah, walk way... keep walking...

Old 07-05-2014, 08:10 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
In my experience the parents speak no English and the children have to translate for them. However, that's only my experience. I deal with a large number of Spanish speaking people in my line of work.
I know several teachers and they have said the same thing...the parents usually don't speak any English and they have to rely on the kids to translate.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
You do not need a degree at all to be successful.....I did just fine by barely making it out of HS.

His degree means nothing to me......and IMO....not much to the other posters.
I didn't bring it up, the other posters (that you say don't care about it), did.... I just mentioned how EXTREMELY obvious it is that you guys haven't taken simple Econ classes, then I was asked about my education.

You do NOT need a degree to be successful, but to those of us who have take years of econ classes, it is very obvious when other people have not.

LOL, I get asked my education, refuse to give out too many details, and then get accused of brandishing one of my degrees.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I know several teachers and they have said the same thing...the parents usually don't speak any English and they have to rely on the kids to translate.
This has been debunked with hard numbers.

Hard numbers > anecdotes.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:18 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,767,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
It happens all the time in the emergency room in my little town.

Old 07-05-2014, 08:21 PM

Look, cute. Ignoring studies and polls for anecdotes. And you guys want to be taken seriously....

Old 07-05-2014, 08:27 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander_Crews View Post
Says the guy who has been invited to actually post verifiable evidence to his claims over and over, but has ignored every request.
You have posted absolutely no evidence that importing millions of very impoverished, very government dependent illegals is going to benefit the USA in any way -- many Americans are not earning much over minimum wage now -- what exactly is your reason for wanting to cram all of Central America's poverty into every part of the USA? Why? No one has explained a single benefit for this country or for the taxpayers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or