U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2014, 04:49 PM

5,429 posts, read 4,196,407 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Many people believe that the majority of the people coming would be very professional people who are highly skilled professionals but do not have the opportunity to have as high of standard of living in their own country. Yes there would be some poor people but if anyone who wanted to come to America could legally our country would boom with lots of hard working talented people.
If that is the case, then why can't we just exclude the impoverished?

Old 07-03-2014, 05:16 PM

24,843 posts, read 31,246,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Retired Now View Post
Many people believe that the majority of the people coming would be very professional people who are highly skilled professionals but do not have the opportunity to have as high of standard of living in their own country. Yes there would be some poor people but if anyone who wanted to come to America could legally our country would boom with lots of hard working talented people.
My X-husband would fit that profile....highly educated....spoke four languages....has a masters in physics.

He count not make it here.....our culture was just to much for him.....things moved to fast....our laws were very confusing...a little money...a car and a big country about killed him.

And cost Dow Chemical a good amount of money.

Old 07-03-2014, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
Who are these people that believe the majority of the people coming would be very professional people who are highly skilled professionals ?? Are they other illegal immigrant advocacy people who believe there could never be too many illegal immigrants in America ?

Will these people need any financial support from our Government ?
We are already trillions of dollars in debt. Not to mention our schools are already over crowded.
Who will pay for their medical costs ?

If these people are educated and very professional, why don't they fix the problems in their own country and better their way of life there ?
Their politics is what is stopping them.

It is so different there.....I wish I had the talent to tell you.

My X-husband was here for one POTUS election.....he was shocked when the same people were working at the post office......delivered our propane....still owned the local store.

I remember saying our tax bill came in the mail......he got extremely upset....he thought we would have to move.

Old 07-03-2014, 08:16 PM

183 posts, read 157,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
Their politics is what is stopping them.

It is so different there.....I wish I had the talent to tell you.

My X-husband was here for one POTUS election.....he was shocked when the same people were working at the post office......delivered our propane....still owned the local store.

I remember saying our tax bill came in the mail......he got extremely upset....he thought we would have to move.
....he was shocked when the same people were working at the post office......delivered our propane....still owned the local store. huh ?

I remember saying our tax bill came in the mail......he got extremely upset....he thought we would have to move Don't they all come in the mail ? What was the problem ?

Old 07-03-2014, 09:22 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Default Most of the people are labors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Machete attacks, drugs, terrorism, unlimited welfare, kidnappings for ransom, etc. The people trying to sneak in are not software engineers, accountants and pediatricians.

OUR Country has changed and we do need more labors. The doctors or professions are a very small percentage. In 10 years our cities will turn into something like the same conditions these Illegal Immigrants are fleeing from.

Most of them will never embrace American Exceptualism, never mind learn English.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:39 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Go to the poorest neighborhoods of Mexico and Central America and you will get your answer. Only add in welfare offices and food stamps which is the main draw.

Old 07-03-2014, 09:45 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,106,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Go to the poorest neighborhoods of Mexico and Central America and you will get your answer. Only add in welfare offices and food stamps which is the main draw.
So, they aren't taking our jobs then, just sitting at home collecting welfare?

Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
....he was shocked when the same people were working at the post office......delivered our propane....still owned the local store. huh ?

I remember saying our tax bill came in the mail......he got extremely upset....he thought we would have to move Don't they all come in the mail ? What was the problem ?
Their politics.....if your party lost.....your job was likely gone.

Just the thought of taxes meant extortion to him......you pay more than just the tax bill.

You pay to the police.....and a gang or, two.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:22 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
So, they aren't taking our jobs then, just sitting at home collecting welfare?
They do both---and you know it, too.

Many of them work under the table jobs and at the same time tap into welfare benefits for their anchor babies.

Old 07-03-2014, 11:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
IMHO that'd set off things like Germany before WW 2 or even Syria in 2014 because US citizens WILL take things into their own hands.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or